"Age 19" seasons - Slaf to Jagr, Thornton, etc. - Interesting to compare

wilfpaiement

Apr 8, 2024
After Slafzilla's hat trick last night vs Tort's Flyers, I got to wondering just where Slaf now sits compared to some of the stars of recent times. So I hit Hockey-Reference and what you see below are the adjusted "age 19" statistics for some names I'm sure you'll recognize.

The star at the end Slaf's stat line is because his season isn't over yet. With four games yet to play, you know he'll be good for at least a couple of points, maybe more. That would put up him around the Matthew Tkachuk/Jarome Iginla level for "age 19."

Not too shabby. Hardly the bust half of people were screaming about.

AGE 19.jpg

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
I feel like an Eric Staal on the wing is a good comparable, minus the 100 point outlier season Staal had.

CDN24

Jun 17, 2009
The stats were all adjusted to 82 games.
It is Hockey references "era adjusted" so they are not the real stats some are adjusted up and some down depending on scoring in era. kane for instance had 70 pts in his 19 yr old season (he gets adjusted up for low scoring era) Hawerchuck had 91 he gets adjusted down.

Reactions: morhilane

AlexGretzchenvid

Jan 19, 2013
For me it was Zigmund Palffy. Probably a name many forgot a long time ago lol

He was my go to guys in the NHL games of the mid 1990's
Nice, for some reason Chris Higgins was another guy in the franchise that just had the attributes to match mu brain and thumbs lol

Reactions: V13

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
I easily see 65 pts or ++ next season for Slaf.

He have elite playmaking ability in his game. 29 assists this year (maybe more), I can imagine 40 assists or ++ next year. With 20-25 goals? He can score that aswell. 19 goals (maybe more) this year. So we can all expect 65 points or more, that would be a very good 3rd year.

After that, I imagine the PPG season. No doubt. This guy is too good to don't reach that.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
After Slafzilla's hat trick last night vs Tort's Flyers, I got to wondering just where Slaf now sits compared to some of the stars of recent times. So I hit Hockey-Reference and what you see below are the adjusted "age 19" statistics for some names I'm sure you'll recognize.

The star at the end Slaf's stat line is because his season isn't over yet. With four games yet to play, you know he'll be good for at least a couple of points, maybe more. That would put up him around the Matthew Tkachuk/Jarome Iginla level for "age 19."

View attachment 849518
Richer, 37 pts and 21 goals in only 65 games.

Kennedys

Jul 22, 2015
Saguenay

View attachment 849518

This list is missing TONS of players

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia

View attachment 849518
Different eras. I wouldn't go back no more than 15 years, 20 at the most. Game has changed since Neely, LaFontaine, etc... entered the league

Reactions: wilfpaiement

Nico Cauzuki

Jul 19, 2009
King Of The North
i think sky is the limit for Slaf he improved so much in a short period that its hard to see what he can become we know hes a very good passer he also has a powerful shot just needs to work on his release hes a good skater with great size and strength and on top of that he has the mentality and work ethic

I think alot of us were very wrong about him :laugh:

wilfpaiement

Apr 8, 2024
This list is missing TONS of players
And? Your point is? I just did a quick random sample...it was by no means meant to be comprehensive.

Who urinated in your Corn Flakes this morning, pallie?

Different eras. I wouldn't go back no more than 15 years, 20 at the most. Game has changed since Neely, LaFontaine, etc... entered the league
A fair point. However, as they're normalized stats..........

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad