Agadmator's Chess Channel (YouTube)

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
For anyone who is "board", a Magnus Carlsen loss (from two videos) above.

White to Move and Mate in 2...

stagram.php

Pranzo Oltranzista

Oct 18, 2017
For anyone who is "board", a Magnus Carlsen loss (from two videos) above.

White to Move and Mate in 2...

stagram.php

I just watched the video, I got it right when he paused it, but once at that point, it's quite easy to figure out. The whole game to get to that point was amazing.

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
There's no reason for Black to bring the Rook to G3 after Queen to E1, he'd bring back King to H3. You have to move the Queen to H1 to force him to bring his Rook in play here.

(That's a Mate in 5 IMO)
If he moves his King back to h3, Qh1 Mates (in 3).

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
I just watched the video, I got it right when he paused it, but once at that point, it's quite easy to figure out. The whole game to get to that point was amazing.
Yup.

The gentlemen who does the videos is amazing. He is so good at what he does. I understand he is able to make a living doing it. Good for him! Must be nice to make a living doing what you love.

P.S. I added a pawn on c6 to make it a real Mate in 2 instead of a quasi Mate in 3 - as he mentioned.

Reactions: Hockey Outsider

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
It is fascinating to see the effects of AlphaZero / LelaZero (A.I. chess programs) on human play. The willingness of current players to give up material to open lines is a pleasant surprise and we have the Pair Of Zero's to thank for it. :thumbu:

It seems people are willing to push pawns a lot more now. Even on the side where their own king is castled.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad