Agadmator's Chess Channel (YouTube)

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
Watch him everyday.

He is "only" rated 2000(ish) but his use of engines allows him to analyze games well above his weight class. He speaks well, he's funny, and makes the chess interesting.

He is excellent!

It's also a labour of love. You can tell he has a passion for the game, and it comes across in his videos

He deserves as much exposure as he can get, which is why I started this thread

Reactions: Hockey Outsider

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
It's also a labour of love. You can tell he has a passion for the game, and it comes across in his videos

He deserves as much exposure as he can get, which is why I started this thread
Amen to that.

He is able to break down games and make those games accessible to all players - whether someone is rated 1400 or 2600. He take the engine's analysis (I THINK he uses Stockfish but don't quote me) and translates it into something informative - and that is NOT easy to do.

Last edited:

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
My favourite quote of his (paraphrasing)…

"You trying playing with your King in the middle of the board, at move 18, against StockFish"

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
Interesting video today for a couple of reasons...

1) Carlsen's play is amazing - he appears to be back after a few years of meh play;
2) Radic says (at the 3:50 mark) what my coach always told me : "When playing the Sicilian, you know you have equalized (as black) when you can play d5".

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
In case you want to follow the series...

TCEC - Live Chess Broadcast

Leela is currently +5 against Stockfish :thumbu: - 100 game series / 120' + 10".

Game 61 was a beauty. Leela gets 3(!) connected passed pawns :laugh: against Stockfish - an engine that slaughters all engines not named Leela or Alpha Zero. Truly insane!

Trompovsky attack (Ruth, Opovcensky opening). Game 61...

Last edited:

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
In case you want to follow the series...

TCEC - Live Chess Broadcast

Leela is currently +5 against Stockfish :thumbu: - 100 game series / 120' + 10".

Game 61 was a beauty. Leela gets 3(!) connected passed pawns :laugh: against Stockfish - an engine that slaughters all engines not named Leela or Alpha Zero. Truly insane!

Trompovsky attack (Ruth, Opovcensky opening). Game 61...

Tournament ended and Leela won : +7. :thumbu:

Same opening as the link above (Trompovsky attack (Ruth, Opovcensky opening)) with Leela playing the White pieces.

The future is A.I. - burn in Hell Stockfish, no one will be sad to see you burn.

Last edited:

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
NOT a fan of Ding Liren or Anand V but I'm posting this link because our host is now a Chess Master in Croatia - a rating of 2100+, mentioned in the first 2 minutes of the video. I always thought a rating of 2200 was required for the title but, either way, congrats! All this reviewing / analysing of games has really helped him improve.

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
Mikhail Tal

"The Latvian grandmaster was World Champion in the 1960s and is considered one of the greatest of all time. But if you listen to his ex-wife (yes, he was actually married — and to an actress, so score one for chess geeks!), the greatness didn't exactly transcend to other areas of his life. He didn't know how to pack a suitcase, turn on a stove, or fill an expense report. Driving a car was out of the question. In fact, the ex-wife called him a visitor from another planet. And she loved the guy."

Jew or Not Jew: Mikhail Tal

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->