Afternoon games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drew4u

Jul 22, 2016
Why does the league have playoff games in the afternoon? Afternoon games create unfair advantages for some teams and can completely ruin series.

For example, the Rangers have looked terrible on afternoon games and dominant on evening games. It just doesn't make any sense

Fixxer

Jul 28, 2016
They do it for the fans. Maybe also to attract new fans. I actually like being able to watch a game in the afternoon... instead of getting to bed later than I would have expected. ...

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
They do it for the fans. Maybe also to attract new fans. I actually like being able to watch a game in the afternoon... instead of getting to bed later than I would have expected. ...

They do not do it for the fans at all. It's what the head honchos want at the big U.S networks. Because NHL does not pull in enough ratings at night.

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
For example, the Rangers have looked terrible on afternoon games and dominant on evening games. It just doesn't make any sense

The heck? There isn't a disadvantage to a team to have to play in the afternoon. If they're bad at it or can't get prepared for it then that's their fault.

It's better for TV ratings to have the two games spread out instead of on at the same time. Of course it would've been even better if they had one Western Conference and one Eastern Conference game on in a day so one started after the other finished but alas

Braunbaer

May 21, 2012
Afternoon games create unfair advantages for some teams and can completely ruin series.

I don't see how the starting time of the game can favor any team tbh.

For the people in Europe, afternoon games are awesome, because well ... we don't have to stay up all night to watch the game.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
Us people in Europe would like to not have to watch games at night all the time..

It also maximises viewing figures in some respects as well.

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse
Why does the league have playoff games in the afternoon? Afternoon games create unfair advantages for some teams and can completely ruin series.

Wait. So if the Rangers are dominant in evening games, wouldn't that be unfair for the other team to only play them in the evening? If you have a team that sucks in afternoon vs. night games, either way you could use your logic that it is unfair.

Reality, its fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad