Afternoon games suck

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Hopkins comes out and says some guys like it because they don't have time to think and worry about the game.

Have no idea how to take that comment. They did win this one, but I'm pretty sure they were horrible last year.

Gord

Oct 9, 2005
Edmonton
I'm getting sick of the amount of afternoon games this team is playing.
I count 4 in October. I hate hockey in the afternoon and pretty much refuse or in reality just not bothered to make time to watch it.

I grew up watching hockey at night. I do stuff during the day and watch hockey at night.

These Saturday afternoon games are a real kick in the junk and the only thing I can do about it is tune out I guess.

I used to agree, as you could spend the day anticipating a great game. but now I like them. the oilers get the game over with, and you can spend the evening doing more enjoyable things.

you could always record the game and watch it in the evening.

Lacaar

Jan 25, 2012
Edmonton
I totally understand all the European and Eastern fans pov.
I am shocked most locals perfer afernoon games though. no prob to each his own.

I hate them with passion. Saturday night was just part of life growing up. Parent's would be gearing up to go out or have company over.
Then as I grew up the Saturday night game was what half my Saturdays were built around. Watch the game with buddies and drink beer at the pub then go to the bar.
Now as an older man I'd be stuck watching afternoon games on my cell phone while the kids are at swimming lessons or soccer, hockey etc. I'd do it if the team wasn't a tire fire I guess. But it seems it's just another thing to annoy me about the team other than their general shit play. As a life long fan that follows the team here.. listen's to Oilers now etc. I follow the team way more than the average fan off the ice. But this last year I'm having a hard time watching the team actually play the game.

bucks_oil

Aug 25, 2005
Love 'em. Based in Eastern time, so it's one of a half dozen to a dozen games I can stay awake for.

After growing up on HNIC and now having little kids of my own, I fully appreciate an afternoon game from time to time. Kids get to watch, I can stream the game whenever I get home from a productive morning, and sitting with my feet up on the couch with a beer all of a sudden becomes ~ok.

If I get into trouble I can just make dinner for wifey or offer to take her out.

AM

Nov 22, 2004
Edmonton
Love 'em. Based in Eastern time, so it's one of a half dozen to a dozen games I can stay awake for.

After growing up on HNIC and now having little kids of my own, I fully appreciate an afternoon game from time to time. Kids get to watch, I can stream the game whenever I get home from a productive morning, and sitting with my feet up on the couch with a beer all of a sudden becomes ~ok.

If I get into trouble I can just make dinner for wifey or offer to take her out.

9am beers has always been ok

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->