Afternoon games suck

Lacaar

Jan 25, 2012
Edmonton
I'm getting sick of the amount of afternoon games this team is playing.
I count 4 in October. I hate hockey in the afternoon and pretty much refuse or in reality just not bothered to make time to watch it.

I grew up watching hockey at night. I do stuff during the day and watch hockey at night.

These Saturday afternoon games are a real kick in the junk and the only thing I can do about it is tune out I guess.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I don't mind afternoon games, but I prefer them in January and February when the weather is crappy and people start deciding to stay in more. Makes for an enjoyable cheap day with the friends and family

I also only really consider there to be 2 this month as the one in Sweden I thought was evening there and 4pm isn't that bad.

boredem

Jan 22, 2013
I love the afternoon games (besides the fact our performance seems poor). Afternoon beers, dinner, then you have the rest of the night to go do whatever.

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
when you have to work the 8-6 shift at mcdonalds on saturdays the afternoon games stink

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
No. Western Canadian start times suck. Who the hell wants to watch hockey until 1am?

Reactions: bone

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
No. Western Canadian start times suck. Who the hell wants to watch hockey until 1am?
Spending a week in Halifax during pre-season, I now understand your pain. Man it was impossible to stay awake for games when they didn't start until 11:00PM (game in Vancouver).

Delicious Pancakes

Top Pocket Find
Apr 23, 2012
Home
Looks like they have 8 afternoon games for the year and 3 of them happen to be in October. The 4pm MT game against Chicago at the end of the month is 6pm local time so not really an afternoon game. Unfortunately American teams like the afternoon games on weekends, they're more accustomed to those weekend start times because of traditional NFL and MLB game times.

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
I like viewing them in the afternoon, but really wish the Oilers would learn to show up in them because it usually just angers me for the rest of the day.

Does anyone know where you can get stats on things like all-time records in afternoon games? Is them sucking just our thoughts or do we think they suck in them because they generally just suck and the afternoon games are usually on the road where they've been even worse.

Reactions: Mr Positive

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
I can only catch this game if I go to bed at like 8pm and then wake up a little past midnight to catch the game. Like WHAT THE HELL!?!??

Mez

Nov 16, 2017
Morning* games....11 am is stupid early...1 pm would be nice.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
You just know this team is going to lay an egg tomorrow. Being an afternoon game and all

Mowzie

Sep 17, 2003
For someone who usually works evenings, I enjoy afternoon games. That being said, they usually lose and ruin my day.

Jepprey

Creeper
May 25, 2006
They should start games when I'm ready to watch. Not when I'm sleeping or at work. These guys are so inconsiderate.

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
I'm getting sick of the amount of afternoon games this team is playing.
I count 4 in October. I hate hockey in the afternoon and pretty much refuse or in reality just not bothered to make time to watch it.

I grew up watching hockey at night. I do stuff during the day and watch hockey at night.

These Saturday afternoon games are a real kick in the junk and the only thing I can do about it is tune out I guess.

As a European I firmly disagree. It's wonderful to be able to watch games on the weekend at a normal time. Wish there were more of them :)

Reactions: LemmyUlanov55

LemmyUlanov55

4th line grinder
Apr 3, 2016
It's actually pretty nice to have a small share of Oilers games every season to watch on weekends at 7pm instead of the usual 4am puck drop.
Just look at it like a small, free gift to us Euros every year. ;)

Reactions: PulYou and Zaddy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->