After winning 10 in a row, the Sabres have now lost 5 in a row.

Tage2Tuch

Because TheJackAttack is in Black
May 10, 2004
CAN
oh the 'i know you are but what am i' defense, definitely not an imbecile. :laugh:

Isn’t that the definition of a guy who makes threads On the main board saying you’ve given up on Eichel and he will never have his breakout season just a month in (and now he is top six in scoring) and that being a sabres fan is one of the worst things ever (then they go 14-2-2) and you’re suddenly sticking up for them in every thread until our first loss by more then one goal where you’re now once again on the angry train dishing out insults calling players ahl calibre. Take care. Don’t need to waste my time with you.

bukwas

Stanley Cup 2022
Sep 27, 2017
Regardless of whether or not they make the playoffs there's no doubt they've taken a big step forward this season.
FWIW i think they'll qualify for the postseason.

Jan 21, 2018
Isn’t that the definition of a guy who makes threads In the main board saying you’ve given up on Eichel and he will never have his breakout season just a month in (and now he is top six in scoring) and that being a sabres fan is one of the worst things ever (then they go 14-2-3) and you’re sticking up for them in every thread until our first loss by kite then one goal where you’re now once again on the angry train dishing out insults calling players ahl calibre. Take care. Don’t need to waste my time with you.

every other post in this thread is one of yours and you're complaining about wasting time lol

Dr Black

Oct 31, 2015
I'm not surprised in the least by their 5 game losing streak. Not because they are a bad team, but because of the law of averages.

During their 10 game winning streak, 7 were decided in overtime or the shootout and 9 of 10 were decided by 1 goal.

During their current 5 game losing streak, 2 have been decided in overtime and 4 out of 5 were decided by 1 goal. In today's game, they just had a really bad 3rd period.

So there has just been a bit of a market correction as of late. Overall, I think the Sabres are a much-improved team that should finish above 500.

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
They're a good team. They're not contending for best in the league quite yet, but their future is incredibly bright.

Reactions: Tage2Tuch

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
I am just looking for opinions on what this means. Is this a team falling back to earth after a good start (my opinion) or is this just a skid for a team that has turned the corner?

Certainly interesting to see how the team responds to it's first true adversity.

Two of those five loses are in OT so they picked up a point and another of the two loses were one goal losses to great teams (Tampa Bay and Nashville.) There's nothing to see here.

Jan 21, 2018
Two of those five loses are in OT so they picked up a point and another of the two loses were one goal losses to great teams (Tampa Bay and Nashville.) There's nothing to see here.

should we cancel out any one goal wins or wins against poor teams too? or do you get to choose which games are relevant?

Quiet Jack

Mar 24, 2017
Of course, but none of what I said was insulting or trying to be, and going by your logic he can easily skip over our comments too.
You weren't insulting at all and you made a point to not be. I guess my post was more directed at the other poster I quoted.

And apologies, I just find people to be so unbelievably nasty and rude on the internet and in no shape or form were you either.

Reactions: CP4

jasonleaffan

Dec 7, 2008
Toronto
You weren't insulting at all and you made a point to not be. I guess my post was more directed at the other poster I quoted.

And apologies, I just find people to be so unbelievably nasty and rude on the internet and in no shape or form were you either.
Really? You said we're free to not read his posts, which is exactly what I said I do. What is insulting about that?

Last edited:

EichHart

Jul 3, 2011
Hamburg, NY
h0f6pas019sz.png

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
I'm sure that 10 game streak also had 3 on 3 wins in there, and wins where they probably didn't play their best.

These are the ebbs and flows of a full season. At the end of the day though, the sabres have finally taken a step this year.... that much we can all agree on... its just a matter of figuring out how much of a step it is.

Skipee

Mar 27, 2010
At least Buffalo gets a 5 game losing streak before people pounce. Try being a Leaf fan where a 2 game skid = massively overrated team.

Really? The Leafs were planning a parade with Komisarek and Grabovski leading their team.....and that trash can Nikolai Kulemin was being compared to Datsuk after 40 games in the league. The Leaves ARE overrated.

Luminiferous

Oct 11, 2018
Really? The Leafs were planning a parade with Komisarek and Grabovski leading their team.....and that trash can Nikolai Kulemin was being compared to Datsuk after 40 games in the league. The Leaves ARE overrated.

If you are basic minded and allow the vocal minority to speak for an entire group. You sound simple.

Reactions: jasonleaffan

Skipee

Mar 27, 2010
If you are basic minded and allow the vocal minority to speak for an entire group. You sound simple.

Sorry, just reminding Leafs posters of what happened in reality. I know it hurts you deeply that real life happens.

SladeWilson23

I keep my promises.
Sponsor
Nov 3, 2014
New Jersey
The Sabres only have 3 regulation wins in their last 15, BUT they only have 3 regulation losses in their last 15. Going to OT in 9 of their last 15 games is insane.

HappySabresFan

Jul 1, 2018
I know the team has taken massive strides forward and will continue to do so, but getting the earth salted by a bottom ten team with the equivalent of a piece of wet ply board as a coach, adding on to a long losing streak hurts like a bitch.

Fight4yourRight

“Chuck’s my guy”
Dec 18, 2017
I know the team has taken massive strides forward and will continue to do so, but getting the earth salted by a bottom ten team with the equivalent of a piece of wet ply board as a coach, adding on to a long losing streak hurts like a *****.

Philly and its current roster composition realistically won't remain a bottom ten team with for long, especially with any half decent coach. Just like the Sabres weren't going to remain top flight for long.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->