After winning 10 in a row, the Sabres have now lost 5 in a row.

Tage2Tuch

Because TheJackAttack is in Black
May 10, 2004
CAN
things were bound to even out after that super lucky win streak. they will most likely settle in to a playoff spot by the end of the year, but won't be close to leading the league

Super lucky winning streak eh. Not sure you could win ten in a row in the NHL (especially with all the parity) and be lucky let alone super lucky. If that’s the case then why not be consistent for once and mention this super unlucky losing streak until today. We lost 5-4 to Tampa, outplayed the leafs who didn’t outshoot buffalo in any of the four periods, lost with 2 seconds left in overtime, lost to Florida in overtime and lost to Nashville 2-1. So if luck was on our side during the winning streak it hasn’t been during this one...I will admit there was luck involved but you have to be good to be lucky. This was the only bad game buffalo has played in over a month. And even today held a 2-0 lead and were in it until the beginning of the third until the wheels fell off and Ullmark had a bad game. I’d say he’s due for one it’s his first regulation loss and it’s his 9th game this year.

Anyways no one was saying buffalo is a top of the league team anyway to begin with other then some random poster who made a thread title Buffalo is a top five team probably only to point out that they were tops on the standings.

Last edited:

Tage2Tuch

May 10, 2004
CAN
Most of your posts are the pinnacle of over-reacting.

I think you’re thinking about can’t say username as that would be flaming I suppose but the guy who turned on Eichel and the sabres one month into the season. Where on earth have I overreacted unless like I said you confused me with him, his username initials are AN.

Good thing they have a talented 25 year old too then. And a top goalie prospect.

*Incoming comment from someone who didn't watch today about how Ullmark gave up 6*

And three first round picks this year, as well as a sniper on the way. Olofsson.

People are overreacting big time in here.

If they lose a couple more, sure...thie last four 0-2-2 all by one goal to mostly elite
Teams after a run of 14-2-2.

You could tell some posters were just dying to make this thread like OP.

Royal Thunder

Frolunda Mode
Feb 21, 2012
They were never a contender but should be thick in the playoff race all year. They were also due for a true stinker as they hadn't had one in almost two months. Shit happens, move on.

As to why they are struggling right now, the lack of secondary scoring is glaring. Mitts is a smart player but is looking completely overmatched physically, so 2C is a big hole as everyone feared. They're also missing McCabe, who had been a rock this season. Scandella and Nelson also being out leads to guys like Tennyson playing. Today was just a shitshow. They started great and then shat the bed totally. To Philly's credit they made adjustments and played a great game. Giroux is just a monster. The Sabres barely made Stolarz work the second half of the game while Philly won every puck battle and every face off.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tage2Tuch

CP4

May 13, 2018
Victoria, BC
I think you’re thinking about can’t say username as that would be flaming I suppose but the guy who turned on Eichel and the sabres one month into the season. Where on earth have I overreacted unless like I said you confused me with him, his username initials are AN.

And three first round picks this year, as well as a sniper on the way. Olofsson.

People are overreacting big time in here.

If they lose a couple more, sure...thie last four 0-2-2 all by one goal to mostly elite
Teams after a run of 14-2-2.

You could tell some posters were just dying to make this thread like OP.
Im not trying to insult you, its just the constant walls of text can be hard to digest sometimes.

Reactions: jasonleaffan

Tage2Tuch

May 10, 2004
CAN
Not happy with the GM or coach. There are injuries to a defense corps that had played pretty well and the GM called up Matt Tennyson to play with Nathan Beaulieu as a 3rd pair - Tennyson is terrible, there are 2 young dman on Rochester who are better. I watch all the Amerks games thanks to AHL Live and Guhle and Borgen are better than Tennyson despite some nonsense being spread that Guhle is struggling - he isn't, he's an offensive defenseman who makes some bonehead decisions in his own zone but the good outweighs the bad, not so in Tennyson's case. The coach sat out Girgensons for no apparent reason. There are too many forwards on the team who are incapable of producing and the past 2 games have been the worst we've seen from Mittelstadt. There are guys down in the AHL who've earned a look after a third of the season.

Reinhart was a complete mess today, Skinner not much better. It was a total ****show.

Oh look who’s on the everything sucks train again. Just this time make up your mind so if we win five of the next six you decide to stay. Will wait for your Eichel is not a true star because he only has 36 points thread....

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
The Sabres aren't one of the best teams in the league where the 10 game winning streak put them but they're probably a playoff team . ( well that 10 game win streak helps with that ) . Losing 5 in a row now puts them more to where they're likely supposed to be anyway.

Personally I had them just outside the bubble, but the 10 game streak essentially means if they play at that level the rest of the way they should sneak in.

Although extending the losing streak much more puts that at risk.

Tage2Tuch

May 10, 2004
CAN
Buffalo doesn't have any good Goalies, and they have no depth. The fall will continue.

Epic insight.

14-5-4 in the last 22 games. 7 of the 9 losses by one goal.

17-9-4 in the best division in the league (or second best)

Such a big “fall”....

Have you seen the goaltending bail the team out time after time and post great numbers, (both in back to back years) today our backup had a melt down and was the first bad loss we’ve had in over a month and a half.

But keep believing what you like....

what's it like to go through life as a childlike idiot?

I’ll bite, what’s it like?

Royal Thunder

Frolunda Mode
Feb 21, 2012
Epic insight.

Such a big “fall”....

Have you seen the goaltending bail the team out time after time and post great numbers, (both in back to back years) today our backup had a melt down and was the first bad loss we’ve had in over a month and a half.

Dude again... love the passion but you gotta stop replying to every single poster that says something bad about the Sabres. It's just huge rant after huge rant to the point where people don't even read your posts anymore. If you gotta let off some steam come to the Sabres board and do it there, when you do it on the main board constantly it makes all of us look bad.

Reactions: Oryxo

Tage2Tuch

May 10, 2004
CAN
Im not trying to insult you, its just the constant walls of text can be hard to digest sometimes.

It’s a good thing I’m cutting down on that then!

How many of the wins are by 1 goal? I haven’t looked, but from memory, the large majority of the winning streak was very close games.

Seven of the ten were not sure about the four others. I could find out but I’m in a taxi
I do know that 13 of the last 14 games were by one goal until today. Crazy stat.

They also showed that teams who win the cup usually have the most one goal victories. So it’s nothing to really feel bad about.

Also, I’m not suggesting buffalo is a cup contender or anything crazy but that was still what they said.

Last edited:

AustonsNostrils

Apr 5, 2016
Epic insight.

Such a big “fall”....

oh the 'i know you are but what am i' defense, definitely not an imbecile. :laugh:

JasonRoseEh

Oct 23, 2018
Because they aren't that great of a team. Hutton was stellar in that run and the top line seemed unstoppable, at some point that comes back to the norm with the lack of true depth. I hope they can make the playoffs but I expect more losing than winning for the Sabres during the rest of the season and contending for a playoff spot.

Like I love Skinner, but he isn't a 40-50 goal, 90-100 point scorer, it's bound to slow down.

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
McCabe and Scandella both get hurt same time ish...no surprises to be seen here. A borderline team that had no business winning 10 straight loses essentially an entire pair plus nelson on their 3rd pair and suddenly we cant sneak out wins....this isn't rocket science...teams that barely wuin games cant continue to do so when half their normal defense is hurt...

Derg12

Mar 12, 2014
My expectations for this year was any result out of the bottom 10 would be progress. Anything between bottom 10-16 with a sniff at a wild card during the season is a win in my opinion.

CP4

May 13, 2018
Victoria, BC
It’s a good thing I’m cutting down on that then!

Seven of the ten were not sure about the four others. I could find out but I’m maxi,
I do know that 13 of the last 14 games were by one goal until today. Crazy stat.

They also showed that teams who win the cup usually have the most one goal victories. So it’s nothing to really feel bad about.

Also, I’m not suggesting buffalo is a cup contender or anything crazy but that was still what they said.
Cool man, just so you know I wasn't trying to atagonize you or anything.

Reactions: Tage2Tuch

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad