After trading Marner for Heiskanen, would Leafs be more or less likely to win cup this season?

After trading Marner for Heiskanen, would Leafs be more or less likely to win cup this season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Shocker

Dec 20, 2019
Entered thread thinking that's a pretty interesting question, left the thread thinking "Man, Dahlin sure is overrated."

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
And despite not getting enough opportunity, that his metrics suggest he clearly deserves, will be the highest scoring teenage defenceman in almost 4 decades, with ****ing outstanding physical play and great defensive stats. He can still be just as good as McDavid, if not better.
Yeah no...

Reactions: TheFurryPickle

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
what if i told you dahlin is the highest scoring 18 year old d-man ever
Ever? You’d be wrong. Dahlin is the second highest scoring 18 year old ever, 3rd highest PPG for 18 year old defenseman.

lauraP

Aug 4, 2019
Ever? You’d be wrong. Dahlin is the second highest scoring 18 year old ever, 3rd highest PPG for 18 year old defenseman.
Phil housely who is first played half his games at forward his rookie year.

Dr Salt

Bedard saved me
Feb 26, 2019
ym
what if i told you dahlin is the highest scoring 18 year old d-man ever
what if I told you the down year doesn't refer to last season and points should be a major factor in evaluating a DEFENSEman compared to forwards.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
what if I told you the down year doesn't refer to last season and points should be a major factor in evaluating a DEFENSEman compared to forwards.

If we use defensive stats instead, Dahlin is still better than Heikanen.

Reactions: lauraP

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Can't believe this thread is still open given the discussion going on being completely irrelevant and the poll results being clear already

Reactions: dukeofjive

Conspiracy Theorist

Jan 30, 2016
I could see Heiskanen - Barrie being a pair. Rielly is an offensive minded Dman, same as Makar and Dahlin so it doesn't work.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
I watched Buffalo this week. I don't recall Dahlin doing anything in the d-zone that resembled helpful.

His defensive metrics suggest otherwise, so your eyes are probably decieving you

Mildan

Jan 7, 2019
@mod Can we clean up the Dahlin vs Heiskanen discussion out of this? There are plenty of threads for that pair and this poll has nothing to do with it.

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
His defensive metrics suggest otherwise, so your eyes are probably decieving you

Not saying he isn't going to be one of the best d-men on the planet in a few years, but Dahlin really did look his age vs Vancouver. Okposo played less than half the time he did and Okposo looked even worse. (Naturally)

oconnor9sean

Mar 3, 2013
DFW
Whenever I take a look at the stat sheets, I'm impressed by Makar and Hughes. Both are fantastic talents. But when I actually watch the games, it's Heiskanen that leaves my mouth wide open and my jaw laying on the floor.

Mitch Marner is amazing. In fact, the best Leafs player in my mind. Yet, I can't help but think that the Toronto Maple Leafs would be a better team if Dubas managed to flip Marner for Heiskanen.

I say this with all due respect to McDavid, because he’s the best: Connor McDavid would not score 100 points in this Dallas system.

If you’re looking at Stars’ individual point totals, they’re always going to look like trash. They focus everything on not allowing quality chances against, and everything else is gravy for them. Whether or not it’s a good idea is up for judgment, but that’s the reality right now.

Miro scores 55-60 points this year on a more neutral balanced team.

Dr Salt

Bedard saved me
Feb 26, 2019
ym
If we use defensive stats instead, Dahlin is still better than Heikanen.

pay attention to the CA/60 and xGA/60 part
upload_2020-1-21_22-29-2.png
upload_2020-1-21_22-29-37.png

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
Dahlin is the Better defender statistically. By saying ” he cant defend” you Are letting your agenda shine through. Heiskanen is not becoming a better Playing by you talking down Dahlin using false information. Dahlin is outperforming him offensively and defensively despite being younger and I am sorry, there is no way around that.

He is a brilliant defender statistically. Even if he was a horrendous defender, which could not be further from the truth, he is on pace for a 56 point season, which would be the first time a teenage defenseman scored over 50 since the early 1980s. That would be enough for any team to want him.

Dahlin is generational and along with McDavid the player in the league any Franchise would want. Dahlin and McDavid are in a complete tier of there own as far as young players go.

Heiskanen is not even good enough to be favored against Makar or Hughes, let alone the mightiest of them all in Dahlin.

Lol. You must be sarcastic

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
I watched Buffalo this week. I don't recall Dahlin doing anything in the d-zone that resembled helpful.
In his most recent week he had 1 goal and 2 assists in 4 games and the only goal given up with him on the ice was when Montour kicked in his own net....great job.
Weird how all someone has to do is say ____ is better and practically any thread can be derailed. :laugh:

Marner has been pretty great in every game i've watched him and the puck is almost always on his stick offensively out there just a puck possession monster and takes away the puck pretty often.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad