After the Wake , maybe this ?

nsleaf

Oct 21, 2009
After the Wake ..maybe this ?

What kind of sports did y’all play ?
Any details ?
What were you best at or enjoyed or anything
What weren’t you good at

I played mostly Lacrosse , Football , Hockey and lots of organized Ball hockey for about 35 years and was involved with it in running teams and coaching and managing as well
Long tenure with my Team I was mostly proud of
“ the Four Horsemen “ 14 year run
Loved lacrosse and Football

pretty good player , but loved to mix it up a bit lol
Retired finally top ten all time Penalty min lololol

anyway if this does it for you ? Toss everyone a vine ?
Distraction ?
Or Phuque off I’m trying to stay positive
Go Leafs Go

oh and I was awful at Basketball and Baseball
And hate golf with a passion ( not a sport ) bring it on lol
Good at stick ball on the streets of downtown Hamilton and handball and sports cards playing

Played baseball till I was 22. Played against Larry Walker at national little league championship. Competed at several national championships from little league through to senior level. Gave it up when I realized I wasn't good enough to make it to the show. Had a few looks from a couple of US NCAA schools but received no offers. Big weakness was slow runner, couldn't steal a base.
Played squash for years and took up golf(the only real sport :thumbu:) 10 years ago and love to play.

Not too bad at washer toss.

JayfromNB1219

Mar 27, 2019
New Brunswick
After the Wake ..maybe this ?

What kind of sports did y’all play ?
Any details ?
What were you best at or enjoyed or anything
What weren’t you good at

I played mostly Lacrosse , Football , Hockey and lots of organized Ball hockey for about 35 years and was involved with it in running teams and coaching and managing as well
Long tenure with my Team I was mostly proud of
“ the Four Horsemen “ 14 year run
Loved lacrosse and Football

pretty good player , but loved to mix it up a bit lol
Retired finally top ten all time Penalty min lololol

anyway if this does it for you ? Toss everyone a vine ?
Distraction ?
Or Phuque off I’m trying to stay positive
Go Leafs Go

oh and I was awful at Basketball and Baseball
And hate golf with a passion ( not a sport ) bring it on lol
Good at stick ball on the streets of downtown Hamilton and handball and sports cards playing

Hockey (of course)
Soccer (my second love as a sport)
Football (hated it too much waiting)
Lacrosse (loved it nothing like a nice submarine shot from the point)
Golf (mehhh could never really get into it)
Baseball (hated it too slow for me)
Tennis (15th in my province the one summer I played)

I’m out in NB so take everything with a grain of salt lol

Teeder Keon

Defeat does not rest lightly on their shoulders
Mar 11, 2019
Deep in the Purple jungles of BC
I've got it in my eyes. Do not recommend.
This is what happens if you use it in places your not supposed to ...
upload_2021-4-16_15-20-58.jpeg

Reactions: Marshy

nsleaf

Oct 21, 2009
Great chat and mutual appreciation guys. \for those in pain. my gf is polish, funny as heck, though she doesnt mean to be. zsa zsa gabor, all the way.

anyways, her mother, who is even funnier, found out i have a right leg that troubles me a lot.

she told me, via her daughter to get me to take two cabbage leaves, and wrap them on my pain spots.

i am very open minded, have spent hours and many dollars on things to avoid surgery and pharma, some worked, but they were banned by health canada. pretty well anything that worked was soon thereafter banned.

so, she gives me this tip. take two leaves out of a ripe cabbage, and wrap them for hours. on your spots.

how did it work for me....

Dont want to jinx it. Its wonderful.

But shhh. dont want health canada banning cabbage leaves.

Thanks for the tip, I wonder if coleslaw will work?:dunno:

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
I was a decent baseball player softball and loved soccer. Played both in to my Thirties. I could track a ball in the outfield and make catches because of my speed that the boys always loved. I was lead off hitter defensive guy. I miss it every day until a slow-pitch game comes along every once in awhile and i still jump on it.

Worst hockey player on the board likely but wanted to be good at it. I started playing to late. No skill but, teammates and coaches were always good to me because i would do the dirty work :)

I still play soccer and we have nets on my property. Games just happen. Well not lately obviously.

Took Karate for flexibility and boxing for fitness. Honestly i used to get in trouble with my girlfriends back in the day for playing to much sports ha. Kids should consider karate for the muscles because i never pulled a muscle ever. It’s a pretty amazing how stiff the human body really is and how significantly more loose it can be.

Cobra777

Jun 26, 2018
Wasaga Beach
Ahhhhhh shucks , I think you like me , dang it ...
I’m smitten and embarrassed at the same time , but I’ll sing like the singing frog on Bugs for this
Love you 2
All of us that are past 45 and up to 80
We know this franchise best as fans and we aren’t gonna a take it , no we ...... blah blah blah lol
I’m tooooo high I think
Anyway
Thank you
Lol the Frog on Bugs sings- Hello my baby, hello my honey, hello my raaagtime gaaal. That was a gem lol.

justloveleafs

Mar 12, 2021
Paris Ontario
I played pro tennis for two years. But wussed out when I got offered the highest paying coaching job in the world for tennis and squash.

My family is quite wealthy, but they never liked me playing sports over and above school/work etc...

I guess at my peak, I was a fourth liner in the NHL.

But, I can tell you guys.

Playing something you love. AND, getting paid, anything for it.

Does it beat first love, or first born, no.

And hey, this is the wake right. Great title.

But its way, way up there.

Today was such a cool cool day.

Went out for a really long, slow, mountain bike ride. Came out of the trails and went directly to a shop.

SAW a really fit older guy, had to be at least in his nineties . with a Toronto Maple Leaf BASEBALL CAP.

I smiled, right away, I knew, I was finally going to meet a fan of LEAFNATION. who could tell me what it was like to watch teeder kennedy. Syl Apps, Turk Broda, the kid line, all the guys I could only read about

Well it was much better than I hoped. Even though like me, he was dressed very casually. He told me, he had fourth row, seasons, for the Leafs, even though he lived and lives in Kitchener.

Everything I suspected, about teeder kennedy as a player and as a person. Was confirmed.

Syl Apps, same thing.

He loves David Keon, as do I.

But his overall favourite Leaf, was and is teeder kennedy.

My only mistake, was not getting his phone number. He seemed like a guy who had lost his wife and was just gingerly making his way through his final years.

Total mistake on my part, for not following up. I love older people, always did. Heck, I am pretty old now lol.

Respect your elders leafnation, anyone wearing anything Leaf, is our brother, or sister.

Gotta say, its pretty cool seeing people in Kitchener, wearing the blue and white.

Btw, I can chat with Norm Ullman any time, used to be able to talk to Red kelly any time.

Gotta say, I didn't broach much, of anything NHL, made them sad. Kelly especially. He had the saddest eyes, I have seen. He and I had a few drinks together, after his family left him at the Toronto Cricket Club.

Maybe, just maybe, the nicest person, I have ever met. He died shortly after. I kinda felt he was on the way out, I didn't Steve Dangle him at all. We just chit chatted.

Btw, I really like Steve Dangle.

Bit of rambling, but hey, I haven't seen a Cup since 1967. Did I see that game. Darn right I DID.

Last edited:
Reactions: Teeder Keon

Cobra777

Jun 26, 2018
Wasaga Beach
Well started playing hockey at 5 yrs old lived it breathed it playing day and nights 7 days a week between ball and ice hockey. The school had a boarded rink with lights as well as river and pond. Played league 25 yrs also rep since 12 yrs old.
Played center, possessed a formidable wrist and slap shot as I spent many hours, days and yr.s practicing firing that heavy tan puck that they had back in the day. I remember playing a teachers vs. students grade 12 high school game and letting one rip just over the blue line pinging it off the top crossbar and it deflected way up and broke the picture of the queen hanging way up over the net so I guess I'm in her bad books.
Also later on in life played, taught intermediate competative tennis and golf. Always loved and trained for sports, but father time has caught up at 59.

Learned golf at Eddie Shacks Golf course in Kleinburg where I grew up, Eddie was gracious to take me and a friend for a short ride in his gold, bronze color, black ragtop 57 T Bird.
Played a round at Gary Roberts Wooden Sticks golf course in Uxbridge Ont and a round at Lions Head that my wife got for me on birthdays.

Reactions: justloveleafs

justloveleafs

Mar 12, 2021
Paris Ontario
Watch this guys. My grandpa took me to my first Nhl game. Bobby Hull took a slap shot, marvin edwards deflected it off his blocker.

Poor woman in front of me took it in the cheek, it tore her check clear off.

My first NHL game. Ughhh. She was a trooper, just let them take her out to the where ever.

Bobby Hull has my vote as co most entertaining NHLer of all time. He struck his wife, he never got squat recognition after that.

I never hit my sisters, mother, grandmother or wife. But. there were some times \ i justs ran away lol. . Anyways he got carried away, and its too bad for his legacy, watch this guy go.

justloveleafs

Mar 12, 2021
Paris Ontario
The best Canadian city, is TORONTO. Why. thousands of miles of forest, its a city within a forest. No city in the world anything like it.

My favourite things to do, only Toronto has it. Tennis courts, hundreds of them. PERFECTLY manicured, bike trails, check. outdoor artificial hockey rinks. Only Toronto.

Chicago, same deal, its so much better than the next best us city, its not even funny.

Bobby screwed the NHL over by going to the WHA. So they got him back.

Entertaining, best left winger or forward of all time. Watch the whole tape.

He wasn't the best NHLer of all time. No one was. But he was top five.

His wife spoke up and said it was a setup. His son, who I love, Brett, tries very had not to say something.

Any of you, ever heard a crowd like the CHICAGO crowd. No, you haven't.

justloveleafs

Mar 12, 2021
Paris Ontario
Btw. his brother, Dennis was a significant player himself. Great guy, I did a ton of business with him. I retired for a while lost touch. Funny Guy, really talented and what I really liked about him, he loved his MORE talented brother.

Dennis played high level international competition. Anh his shot was almost as scary as Bobby's.

I dunno about any of you guys, I love seeing brothers, really sticking up for each other. Kind of the best imo

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad