After our 5 game road trip

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
I guess everyone is expecting that Spezza will just step right into the lineup & produce immediately. It could take him a while to get up to speed, skill, shape & timing. Anderson has been off for a shorter time & as he showed with his hand injury last yr he should be fine. Those two additions should help as will if Murray can add a little toughness at the trade deadline (Parros).

I think Anderson's situation is more worrying than Spezza's. Anderson was in a groove before going down and will have a month absence. That usually effects goalies more than skaters.

budaj guy

Mar 7, 2012
Northern Alberta
so what is the word on anderson, is he close to a return, or is he expected to miss more time?

(yes i'm an avs fan, but the sens are the one canadian team i would like to see have some success)

HavlatMach9

streamable 3rah1
Mar 17, 2011
Ottawa
I think Anderson's situation is more worrying than Spezza's. Anderson was in a groove before going down and will have a month absence
Wasn't this beaten to death about Anderson before season began? Just hopefully his ankle is fine, everything else will be fine.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Agreed. Spezza will definitely be in rough form following back surgery. Don't expect too big of a boost if he's coming back really late in the season .

Last time Spezza came back from injury he went on one of the biggest tears in his career and played above ppg with Butler and Greening as his wingers. It's not crazy to think that he could go on a tear again.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Lol, Spezza is a star forward, rust or not, his ability to make plays standings still will give Silfverberg and the likes better scoring chances. Have people not seen our difficulty to muster anything?

Having Spezza in the lineup with improve this teams offense by 1 goal i'm willing to guarantee even if he doesn't produce any points at all because it draws the main defense to him leaving Turris and secondary more freedom to create plays against lesser comp.

MiscBrah

Mar 16, 2012
We were definitely lied to about Anderson's injury.

Remember when we were told he'd be back in a "couple games".

Such BS.

Spezza will be ***** when he's back, Anderson will be *****, Cowen will be ****, Karlsson will be ****. I can only hope that by January 2014 those guys are back to top form. srs.

Don't be surprised if we start doing worse once the injured guys start coming back. It takes time to get the momentum again.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad