Kings Article: After LA Kings Won Stanley Cup, Fmr D-man, Captain Mattias Norstrom Was Green w/ Envy

Rod Buskas*

Atta boy Matty. You were the heart and a warrior. The anti-Blake.

kingsfan

President of the Todd McLellan fan club by default
Mar 18, 2002
Manitoba, Canada
Is that Jamie Storr on the far right?

As for Norstrom, it's to bad he couldn't hang them up as a King and I wish we had him right now,even without our injury troubles. The guy was just a rock out there and you knew what you'd get from him each night, no matter what or who his partner was.

When he and Miller were paired together, I thought that was arguably the best shutdown pairing I've seen for the Kings ever. You paid when you played against those two. Ask Forsberg.

It's to bad the mega-deal that sent him to Dallas amounted to a bunch of nothing for us. It'd have been nice if one of the guys we got from that deal was a key cog in the cup win. Would have been cool to say Matty helped us get the cup in some way.

Pucknut50

Jun 13, 2007
I think the only player who enjoyed getting hit then giving a hit along the boards. :nod:
I guess I relate because as the years go by, far too fast, when I played I really enjoyed getting hit as it actually fired me up. Cross checks in front of the crease I could have done without.

tigermask48

Maniacal Laugh
Mar 10, 2004
R'Lyeh, Antarctica
Is that Jamie Storr on the far right?

As for Norstrom, it's to bad he couldn't hang them up as a King and I wish we had him right now,even without our injury troubles. The guy was just a rock out there and you knew what you'd get from him each night, no matter what or who his partner was.

When he and Miller were paired together, I thought that was arguably the best shutdown pairing I've seen for the Kings ever. You paid when you played against those two. Ask Forsberg.

It's to bad the mega-deal that sent him to Dallas amounted to a bunch of nothing for us. It'd have been nice if one of the guys we got from that deal was a key cog in the cup win. Would have been cool to say Matty helped us get the cup in some way.

Johan Franson, Jaroslav Modry, Wayne Simmonds, Bryan Cameron, and Colten Teubert for Konstantin Pushkarev, Mattias Norstrom, Sergei Korostin, and I'm not sure what Dallas did with the other pick (4th round 2007)

Whole lot of nothing anywhere in that trade for both sides beyond Simmonds.

kingsfan

President of the Todd McLellan fan club by default
Mar 18, 2002
Manitoba, Canada
Johan Franson, Jaroslav Modry, Wayne Simmonds, Bryan Cameron, and Colten Teubert for Konstantin Pushkarev, Mattias Norstrom, Sergei Korostin, and I'm not sure what Dallas did with the other pick (4th round 2007)

Whole lot of nothing anywhere in that trade for both sides beyond Simmonds.

The 2nd that year actually became Oscar Moller, not Simmonds, so it really was a whole lot of nothing. As for the 4th, Dallas flipped it to Columbus, who selected Maksim Mayorov. Dallas got three fifths in return for that 4th, and one of those fifths turned into Jamie Benn. So yeah, that worked out for them I guess. Jamie Benn and Norstrom for that mess of humanity.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad