After Crosby, who is next?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
That'd be very interesting.

Ironically, the one player I am hoping the Pens to get next year is Brule. No knock on Crosby, I just prefer Brule because of some of the things I've read about him.

*covers head*

monster_bertuzzi

May 26, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
MrKnowNothing said:
That'd be very interesting.

Ironically, the one player I am hoping the Pens to get next year is Brule. No knock on Crosby, I just prefer Brule because of some of the things I've read about him.

*covers head*

True, Brule is a gritty mother, but eventually scouts will look at his size (which is lacking, I should add).

gb701

Feb 21, 2003
Visit site
Mizral said:
What makes you so sure Crosby is going to go #1?

I get the feeling Brule could take the #1 overall spot, no kidding.

If you check back you will see that I am not a huge Crosby supporter, thinking he has been hyped past any reasonable standard.

But really...there is like ZERO chance that anyone in the NHL will pick Brule first overall. :shakehead

Both are solid prospects, but let's quickly review the advantages Crosby has - not even counting the hype and the fact that fans everywhere have been conditioned to thinking he is the next one. Skill, power, size, hockey sense, scoring touch, impact on the play - all favour Crosby.

Last edited:

Firefly

Mar 9, 2004
Mohawk Valley
punchy1 said:
You think hes grand you should see Bill Brashke!

I saw him score ten goals against a spry and capable Clint Malarchuk and then saddle him up and win the Kentucky Derby on his back!

He has a toe nail on the end of his penis.

Sure Rose is good but hes no Bill Brashke!

good god you read my mind! :lol

Yes Im Peter Ing

Dec 6, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
PhoPhan said:
Dustin Rose transcends anything the internet could harness, and thus is far too powerful an entity for any mere website.

His mere presense could crash any server.

And that's just in thumbnail form.

In fact, the last time someone tried to post a full-size image of him, half of North America lost power for nearly 48 hours.

moosefan

Feb 27, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
X-SHARKIE said:
I will be laughing my head off....at any team...if somone takes Jack Skille in the top 10 let alone possibly 1st round. Big laughter from me.

I agree with this. Skille to me at the U17s did not show the skill level that I thought he had. I read alot about him and though he has decent skill he is not an impact player at all. I would not take SKille in the first round either. 2nd round yes, 1st no.

pei fan

Jan 3, 2004
Mizral said:

Would you be willing to bet on it? Any takers on that one? I love when people
give me money. I'll even bet you even money Brule will not be the 2nd pick.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Dustin Rose is NOT funny, it was funny the first time, and the first time it shows up again, but it's not funny after 50 or so times. There is no Dustin Rose, some older posters thougt it was funny a ways back to try and trick posters who were full of crap. It was a good laugh, but I hate to see a good thread get carried on with tons of posts about nothing. I know full well I can ignore the post, but it still takes time to brezze through all the crap.

I get to talk to a good bit of media/hockey people when I interview players and coaches for this site, and I'm shocked at how many not only know the site, but tell me what a great site it is with lots of good information. Posters will do what they want, but it's something to keep in mind when your posting, you never know who's reading your posts, and for those looking for a career in scouting or hockey journalism should try and be more professional although that would only apply to a lower number and not the masses who can make a jack ass of themselves for all I care. ;) :help:

Le Golie

Jul 4, 2002
Mizral said:

Not to rip your talent evaluation skills, but what have you been watching? I love Brule. He's great. Reminds me a lot of Steve Yzerman actually, one of the best and classiest players of all time. However, Crosby is unlike any prospect I've seen before him. I was too young to watch Lemieux as a junior, but I have been watching junior hockey for 10 years now and nobody has looked remotely close to Crosby.

I don't like comparing stats of players in different leagues. Heck, I don't even care much for head to head stats, but it can't be ignored that at the Canada Winter Games Crosby was head and shoulders above Brule (not only in scoring results, but in performance as well), and his progress and development have only sped up since then.

pei fan

Jan 3, 2004
pei fan said:
Would you be willing to bet on it? Any takers on that one? I love when people
give me money. I'll even bet you even money Brule will not be the 2nd pick.
A few days and no replies , that's what I thought.

FearTheFlyers

Feb 3, 2003
Visit site
Possible 1st rounders from the OHL:

Bobby Ryan F Owen Sound Attack
Marc Staal D Sudbury Wolves
Daniel Ryder F Peterborough Petes
Bryan Little F Barrie Colts
Matt Lashoff D Kitchener Rangers
Deveraux Heshmatpour D Kitchener Rangers
Ryan O Marra C Erie Otters

Status