After Crosby, who is next?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Le Golie

Jul 4, 2002
Kugel said:
any ideas if there is a 2005 draft

Right now Gilbert Brule has shown me more potential than anyone aside from Crosby. He could really be an impact player, but no Crosby. I personally feel he's got the inside track at #2 overall. Many people also think Latendresse is closing the gap and could surpass Brule next season. Danny Bertram is heading into next year with a lot of question marks, with a good (and healthy) season it would be no stretch to see him go #2 but with a bad one he could fall right off the map.

Also I would be too shocked if a European or two shoot up into the top few.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Don_Cherry said:
Sad to see Kugel's legitimate thread about hockey prospects get hijacked by 15 stand up comedians. Jollies must come pretty easy for you if it takes eight smilies to exhibit your glee over your own bad jokes. Perhaps there should be a board for people to discuss ‘Hockey’s Future’ and another for all the jokers out there.

Maybe you should really lighten up a bit.

Drink some beers. Do some drugs. Get with one of Dustin's wives. Something.

punchy1

Nov 11, 2003
Kiwiville.
Ohhh some of you are going to be in troublllllllllllllle! When Dustin sees this he is gonne put the beat down on you so baaaaaaaaad.

I don't know, I had a grand laugh at everyones humor. The thing is, this is a speculative subject so all there is going to be is an opinion on who could be a solid player next year. Year to year we do this before the first draft is over in all corners of the hockey world and it is funny, thats why I think the humor is appropriate.

To me, I think Creme Brule will be the top pick in 05 but, Dustin Rose is a solid prospect as well so who knows. Then, there is always Dustin Rose as well so, time will tell. Maybe once next season starts we will have a little more to go on.

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
Who else could be first rounders in 2005? Some of these guys?

Devereaux Heshmatpour
Jack Skille
Jack Johnson
Bobby Ryan
Devin Setoguchi
Christoph Gawlik
Marek Zagrapan

monster_bertuzzi

May 26, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
Seachd said:

Devereaux Heshmatpour
Jack Skille
Jack Johnson
Bobby Ryan
Devin Setoguchi
Christoph Gawlik
Marek Zagrapan

Ryan, Setoguchi, and Gawlik are guaranteed first rounders at this point.

A few others:
O'Marra
Staal
Gauthier

Hiishawk

Feb 28, 2002
Out there somewhere
Visit site
Seachd said:

Devereaux Heshmatpour
Jack Skille
Jack Johnson
Bobby Ryan
Devin Setoguchi
Christoph Gawlik
Marek Zagrapan

Slovakia's Zagrapan was dominating in Minsk. He just loves having the puck and looks like a man on a mission with it. This is a guy who enjoys the game- talent and enthusiasm up the wazoo. He should be top 10 marked at this point. He's like Czech's Sindel but with a better ability to stand up to physical play.

Kugel

Oct 16, 2003
Ontario, Canada
PhoPhan said:
Excuse me?
Dustin Rose will go #1 in the '06 draft, and each subsequent draft for 8 following years.

i was being serious, so if u dont care about guys after crosby then dont post on this page.

X-SHARKIE

No there is not Dustin Rose.

It was funny a month ago...but now the joke is ....welll dull....and when somone is asking a legit question, and others are interested in the topic it somewhat rude to go on about a make belief player.

You may laugh about a 6-8 250 pound player with puck poise, but I honestly believe that in 10-20 years....we may see 6-8 monsters like Chara much more often and with more skill.

Gilbert Brule and Mark Staal are the only two whom I have seen a bit of.

Gilbert Brule is an amazing player....his physical play, and defensive habits have his game mabey a safer choice then Crosby's...but he doesnt posses the insane skill that Sid does....Brule is my #2 choice IMO....also I had a great time watching Mark Staal play this year with SUdberry.... He shows top 10 credentials already..

I will be laughing my head off....at any team...if somone takes Jack Skille in the top 10 let alone possibly 1st round. Big laughter from me.

International wise I agree with Steblick that possibly the most insane offensive force aside from Crosby is Marek Zagrapan. Gawlick is a very mature player ...Should go top 10.

2005 is going to be one insane draft.

PhoPhan

Feb 27, 2002
X-SHARKIE said:
No there is not Dustin Rose.

It was funny a month ago...but now the joke is ....welll dull....and when somone is asking a legit question, and others are interested in the topic it somewhat rude to go on about a make belief player.

If the joke was funny a month ago...it's still funny now. It has been around for years. If I'm rude...too bad, ignore it. Obviously, others found it funny.

IFK

Jul 25, 2003
Visit site
Teemu Laakso is insane. I think he has the tools to go first but maybe he will go littlebit later.

Seachd said:

Devereaux Heshmatpour
Jack Skille
Jack Johnson
Bobby Ryan
Devin Setoguchi
Christoph Gawlik
Marek Zagrapan

Chris Durand is another WHL player who should be a first rounder. After a slow start to the season, he scored at nearly the same pace as Brule over the last 45 games or so.

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
Doomsday Device said:
Chris Durand is another WHL player who should be a first rounder. After a slow start to the season, he scored at nearly the same pace as Brule over the last 45 games or so.

Yeah, I meant to ask about him too. I forgot all about him when I typed out that list.

Chief

Jun 19, 2003
NY, NY
Kugel said:
i was being serious, so if u dont care about guys after crosby then dont post on this page.

USA's Phil Kessel who went on a scoring binge at the last U18's, with 7 goals in 6 games...03-04 USA U17 point leader with 56 points in 39(!) games (next highest scorer has 47 points in 67(!) games...also had 23 points (19 goals) in 26 games for U18 USA Team in 03-04.

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
Chief said:
USA's Phil Kessel who went on a scoring binge at the last U18's, with 7 goals in 6 games...03-04 USA U17 point leader with 56 points in 39(!) games (next highest scorer has 47 points in 67(!) games...also had 23 points (19 goals) in 26 games for U18 USA Team in 03-04.
Yeah, but he's not eligible until 2006.

HabLover

Mar 2, 2002
Sandspit
Visit site
Doomsday Device said:

Nick Drazenovic, out of Prince George, is another guy who could get consideration for the 1st round next year. He had a pretty decent year as a 16 yr old, 7 goals and 30 assists, and if he improves on those numbers he could easily challenge for the Top 30. He was second on the team in assists, losing out to a 20 yr old and he also played for Team Pacific at the U17 tourney. He's a guy who's not afraid to get his nose dirty and will sacrifice his body to make a hit or get hit. He's not huge, somthing like 6'0 or 6'1 and only about 170lbs, but if he can put on some weight he should be a good one.

CharlieGirl

Thank you Mr. Snider
Jun 24, 2003
Kitchener, ON
Visit site
Couple more to watch from the OHL:

Matt Lashoff (D)
Patrick Davis (LW) - if Davis stays healthy this year, he'll be a first rounder

Bryan Little - OHL Rookie of the Year

pei fan

Jan 3, 2004
Yeah. Bryan Little , I'm surprised he wasn't mentioned earlier.His point totals
we're impressive for a rookie in the ohl.What's his game like?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad