After 20 games...

LavioletteScores

Nov 20, 2011

I will add to the thread:

1) This team's top three lines have had more shifts of absolute possession dominance than I have ever seen from this team. They are not translating it into the kind of offense I would expect, but it's early yet and I believe those numbers will come. There are usually about a half dozen points in each game where the opposition's transition game is completely overwhelmed (rendered helpless) by the Bruins. Best I've ever seen from this team.

2) The defense from Chara down is so much more active and more involved than I've seen perhaps ever. Certainly in this era. Like everyone on the blueline is playing with an exceptional amount of confidence. And with this new active and mobile defense...

3)... we still see the Bruins atop the league in defense and PK. Rask has been a rock. Johnson has been good when called upon. And the Bruins have not missed a beat even with a drastically different looking team.

Randoms: MAN, would I love to see some finish from our forwards. Iginla has had so many golden chances and thrown a TON at the net, only to not have much to show for it. Lucic is capitalizing and looks like a better player than we've ever seen. Brad Marchand has needed some time, but has looked much closer to his actual self in the last half dozen games. And I genuinely LOVE the third line of Smith/Kelly/Soderberg. Not a thing I'd change about it.

Nice points. I have always enjoyed your insight. I think the only thing the B's might address at the deadline would be finding a depth right handed shot, barring any major injuries.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad