After 11 Seasons.... A New Writer To Take Over the Beat

Leslie Treff

Sep 18, 2005
New York
Hi all,

Its been awhile since I have been on these boards, but I want to let you all know that there will shortly be a new writer taking over the Rangers beat for HF. That writer, Mike Farkas, is an excellent hockey guy and will enjoy covering the team in depth over the coming years.

I will continue to be on staff at HF, but cannot cover the team in the depth that I have in the past. So it was with much sadness that I asked for another writer to give you the kind of coverage that you all deserve.

You will still be hearing from me here at HF and elsewhere. I am covering more of the NHL guys for NY Sportsday and DC Sportsday, as well as writing (what I hope will be) interesting analytical articles on Hockey Prospectus.

Please still feel free to PM me if you have questions or comments, or email me directly at [email protected].

My best to all,
Leslie

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Thanks for everything, Leslie!

Please continue to post the links to the analytical articles (and any article) you write here on the boards so we can continue the conversation :)

Best of luck!

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
Sorry to see you go. Thanks for giving us the inside info all these years.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
Thanks for everything Leslie. You did a very good job. I appreciated all the information you provided us over the years.

The Mouth

Blueshirt Underground on You Tube
May 20, 2009
www.facebook.com
Great Job and many thanks for all you did in the name of Rangers prospect hockey.

That awful incident where you took a puck off the noggin from MDZ at Traverse city, and MDZ never apologized. The great articles that kept us all informed and your eye for talent evaluation. The endless Mcilrath questions I asked you. and finally the shared disappointment that Evgeny Grachev never did become the player he could have been lol.

All the best,

Eddie

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Hi all,

Its been awhile since I have been on these boards, but I want to let you all know that there will shortly be a new writer taking over the Rangers beat for HF. That writer, Mike Farkas, is an excellent hockey guy and will enjoy covering the team in depth over the coming years.

I will continue to be on staff at HF, but cannot cover the team in the depth that I have in the past. So it was with much sadness that I asked for another writer to give you the kind of coverage that you all deserve.

You will still be hearing from me here at HF and elsewhere. I am covering more of the NHL guys for NY Sportsday and DC Sportsday, as well as writing (what I hope will be) interesting analytical articles on Hockey Prospectus.

Please still feel free to PM me if you have questions or comments, or email me directly at [email protected].

My best to all,
Leslie

Leslie, I do not begrudge you that there are only 24 hours in a day (some say closer to 23 hrs 56 mins and we even it out w/leap year), and although tempted to bemoan how you can no longer be as available (esp full time), I would rather say thank you for all the great reads you have given us over the years.

whatever your pursuits, don't be a stranger.

PS your post evidences what a class act you are. Again, feel free to hang as your schedule allows.

All best,

bernmeister

Bluenote13

Believe In Henke
Feb 28, 2002
BKLYN, NYC
Best of luck Leslie, you've been a great part of coming to this site for years, just wanted you to know how much I appreciate all the work you've done and will continue to do.

All my best, don't be a stranger.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln
    Wagers: 4