Affiliates VIII: Cleveland Monsters and more (All Affiliate Talk Here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
This team feels so different from four years ago. No Andy, Z, OB, or Korpi. This is a veteran laden team sprinkled with a few never-gonna-be more than end of bench NHLers.

Happy for Cleveland and hope they do well but from CBJ point of view there isn’t much to get excited about. Sorry, just my opinion.

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
Depends on who shows up as to how far they go. Lack of consistant goal scorers kills them. They played the Checkers real well, just couldn't put the puck in the net. Would like a better backup goalie than Kivlenieks but you have to make do with what you have.

pled

Sep 7, 2009
hope foudy can join the playoff

Also do Texier , Clendening and Dalpe come back down since they have at least until sunday/monday to play again in the nhl they could help the monster a lot friday

Last edited:

The Jones Zone

Nov 27, 2013
Raleigh, NC
hope foundy can join the playoff

Also do Texier , Clendening and Dalpe come back down since they have at least until sunday/monday to play again in the nhl they could help the monster a lot friday

Dalpe yes

Texier and Clendening no chance, can't risk injury playing in the AHL at this point....no, notta

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Dalpe yes

Texier and Clendening no chance, can't risk injury playing in the AHL at this point....no, notta

Depending when the series starts, I could see Clendening going back down. We'll have a lot of time to get Murray, Nutivaara, and McQuaid healthy, and will likely have Gavrikov over from Russia too.

Clendening did an admirable job for the team especially in game 3 coming in unexpectedly. But I think he'd be best served with Cleveland unless the team doesn't have confidence in getting any injured guys back.

onetimerguy

Jul 17, 2018
Since London is out of the OHL playoffs. Can Foudy join the Monsters for rest of the season? He is signed to his ELC after all.

rabinsurance

Jul 5, 2007
Hope you guys liked seeing Texier cuz we're not giving him back

That's the way it should be. The whole point of having an AHL team is that it is a "development" league. Texier got his feet wet in North American pro hockey and earned his spot in the NHL. Same thing happened with Werenski. After the Calder cup finals, it was obvious that he was never coming back down. Good for him. Some time in the AHL is very valuable, on and off the ice. Some guys need a little more time than others. I'm never sad to see a guy go up and never come back. It means that the system is working as it should.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
That's the way it should be. The whole point of having an AHL team is that it is a "development" league. Texier got his feet wet in North American pro hockey and earned his spot in the NHL. Same thing happened with Werenski. After the Calder cup finals, it was obvious that he was never coming back down. Good for him. Some time in the AHL is very valuable, on and off the ice. Some guys need a little more time than others. I'm never sad to see a guy go up and never come back. It means that the system is working as it should.
There might be some lingering grumpiness over how Syracuse Crunch fans invaded at one point over how we dared keep Filatov up for the playoffs. ;)

Hoping Foudy can contribute. :nod:

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
Looking forward to seeing Foudy. Hopefully he puts up the same kind of numbers for the Monsters. They could use the scoring.

pled

Sep 7, 2009
practice line with Foudy arrival

Barach, Dalpe Broadhurst
Milano Letestu DeSalvo
MacInnis Foudy Sherwood
Thurkauf Vigneault Stenlund Scott
Gallant Korostelev Bittner Koules

Cross Cockerill
Somerby Collins
Carlsson Simpson
Prapavessis Texeira

Thiessen
Kivlenieks
Smith

Thiessen spent some time coaching Kiv rather than practicing
they Signed Smith pretty good NCAA stats and echl defenceman Texeira

Gerbe and Berube probably won't play the playoff.

game 1 at 7 tomorrow

Last edited:

Monk

Feb 5, 2008
I had somehow utterly forgotten about Milano. I knew in my brain he wasn't traded during the TDL, but somehow still forgot he was still in Cleveland. Was he injured for a while? Has he shown any improvement at all??

SavesEmNot

Jul 2, 2012
I had somehow utterly forgotten about Milano. I knew in my brain he wasn't traded during the TDL, but somehow still forgot he was still in Cleveland. Was he injured for a while? Has he shown any improvement at all??
I forgot about him too. :laugh: I think he was injured; he has only played 27 AHL games and 8 NHL games this season.

pled

Sep 7, 2009
yes he was injured he just came back to the roster like 3 games ago. he's a top ahl offensive talent I guess if that's something not sure if it's an improvement.

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
Monsters are having a watch party at local Quaker State. Nice crowd showed up so hopefully they pull out a victory.

pled

Sep 7, 2009
Warmup lines

Barach, Dalpe Broadhurst
Milano Letestu DeSalvo
MacInnis Scott Sherwood
Foudy Vigneault Stenlund

Cross Cockerill
Somerby Collins
Carlsson Simpson

Thiessen
Kiv