Affiliates VIII: Cleveland Monsters and more (All Affiliate Talk Here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

pled

Sep 7, 2009
this was quite a disaster but Cleveland still have one game in hand and one point over Belleville.

pled

Sep 7, 2009
That was a gut check game and Monsters did not pass it.
they miss berube milano gerbe texier broadhurst clendening robinson not an excuse but it add up. Thiessen is also playing too many games.

Last edited:

Jackets Woodchuck

Dec 27, 2010
Playoff Picture

Cleveland 81 pts 4 GR
Belleville 80 pts 3 GR

tonight vs Rochester

Belleville Game 74 Wednesday
Cleveland Game 74 Thursday
Cleveland Game 75 Friday
Belleville Game 75 Saturday
Game 76 Sunday

pled

Sep 7, 2009
Even with Clendening, Wedgewood shut down the Monsters this is gonna be a hard one

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
Defense and goaltending has been there these past few games. Consistant goal scoring hasn't. Dalpe can't do it all, someone else needs to step up. Stenlund and Sherwood have all but disappeared. This has really been the monsters problem all year, not enough cosistant goal scoring. They lead the league in shots per game, unfortunately a lot of those aren't quality shots. They tend to try to shoot it through the goalie. Need more misdirection, they make it easy for the opposing goalie.

Reactions: Jackets Woodchuck

Jackets Woodchuck

Dec 27, 2010
lines from last night

Barach-Letestu-DeSalvo
MacInnis-Dalpe-Sherwood
Bittner-Scott-Stenlund
Gallant-Vigneault-Thurkauf (was Thurkauf-Vigneault-Korostelev in line rush during warmups)
Order of first appearance: 2, 1, 3, 4
Scratch (other than Korostelev): Koules
Injuries: Milano, Broadhurst, Gerbe

Cross-Clendening
Somerby-Collins
Carlsson-Simpson
Order of first appearance: 1, 3, 2
Scratches: Prapavessis, Cockerill

Thiessen
Kivlenieks
Injury: Berube

Power Play Lines (LW-C-RW-Extra F-D order)

Barach-Dalpe-DeSalvo-Letestu-Clendening
Bittner-Scott-Sherwood-Stenlund-Cross

C: none with Gerbe injured
A: Cross, Dalpe, Letestu

pled

Sep 7, 2009
2-2 after one, Clendening was sent down to help and MILANO is finally playing the first goal and an assit on the second for him good game. Broadhurst too but he isn't as amazing.

Bittner, Vigneault, Cockerill, Gallant out

Maden still love DeSalvo and McInnis over Stenlund :(

Barach Dalpe Broadhurst
Milano-Letestu-DeSalvo
Scott-McInnis-Sherwood
Thurkauf-Stenlund-Korostelev

Cross Cledening
Somerby Collins
Carlsson Simpson

Thissen again they really don't trust Kiv

Also Belleville lost their game yesterday so the monsters still have 1 game and 1 point over them

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
With McInnis having 23 points and a + 1 and Stenlund having 25 points and -18 that is an easy decision. I think Desalvo is in to give us speed I guess. I don't trust Kiv either, it will need to be a blowout before he plays. Both goals on Theissen were tough ones and most goalies would have missed them.

pled

Sep 7, 2009
With McInnis having 23 points and a + 1 and Stenlund having 25 points and -18 that is an easy decision. I think Desalvo is in to give us speed I guess. I don't trust Kiv either, it will need to be a blowout before he plays. Both goals on Theissen were tough ones and most goalies would have missed them.
but McInnis doesn't have the skill to play an offensive role and Stenlund should play with good player over desalvo I think its true the team are trying to get to the playoff not develop the guys but that was an issue all year.

and I'm most surprise by thissen being able to keep playing every game like this more than kiv not being trusted.

Also Third goal by the 4th line

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
McInnis isn't the goal scorer that Stenlund is but he is a grittier player. I think Stenlund hads to get better defesively because his offense isn't quite good enough to get a pass. I think he is in the same boat as Milano. They need to round out their games more to get to the next level. I agree with you though, development is over this year and they are playing for the playoffs. I am not surprised with Thiessens play, he has always been a good goalie going back to his college days. I think his size kept him from at least being a good backup in the nhl.

Reactions: Jackets Woodchuck

pled

Sep 7, 2009
Clendening is in tampa so Cockerill replace him.
Madden hate on Stenlund continue Gallant take his place I guess he's better for a 4th line role. he was skating during warm up but I guess it was a game time decision
Vigneault also replace Krostelev.

Barach Dalpe Broadhurst
Milano-Letestu-DeSalvo
Scott-McInnis-Sherwood
Thurkauf-Vigneault-Gallant

Cross Cockerill
Somerby Collins
Carlsson Simpson

Thiessen

Barach with another goal but they lost 2-1

Last edited:

Jackets Woodchuck

Dec 27, 2010
Two pint lead but Belleville has a game in hand
'
Cleveland 82 pts 1 GR
Belleville 80 pts 2 GR

Belleville at Toronto - 4:00

pled

Sep 7, 2009
Belleville won. the mosters are out of playoffs right now they need to win tomorrow and belleville need to lose.

Belleville game at 2pm

Cleveland game at 4pm

Warm up before the jackets game

Last edited:
Reactions: CBJWennberg10

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
Let's go Monsters! Belleville playing back to backs and have the tougher matchup but we are on the road and realistically neither Rochester nor Toronto have anything to play for in these games. If Monsters miss the playoffs its their own fault failing own the stretch...they were in with four games to go (can't blame it on losing one guy they only had for seven games).

pled

Sep 7, 2009
Let's go Monsters! Belleville playing back to backs and have the tougher matchup but we are on the road and realistically neither Rochester nor Toronto have anything to play for in these games. If Monsters miss the playoffs its their own fault failing own the stretch...they were in with four games to go (can't blame it on losing one guy they only had for seven games).
they played most of the season with half the team on injury or in the nhl. that's ahl things. hope they would send Clendening down to help but the jackets probably don't wanna play with only 6 D

pled

Sep 7, 2009
Last game it's a must win to make the playoff. if Belleville win too the Monster can't reach the playoff but they are losing 4-2! that mean maybe an OT lost would work for the Monsters.

no line change

Barach Dalpe Broadhurst
Milano-Letestu-DeSalvo
Scott-McInnis-Sherwood
Thurkauf-Vigneault-Gallant

Cross Cockerill
Somerby Collins
Carlsson Simpson

Thiessen

Reactions: su24

pled

Sep 7, 2009
Belleville officially lost. Cleveland only need 1 point to get into the playoff!

0-0 after 20 min.

2 shots for Toronto
20 shots for Cleveland

those Monsters are damn hungry for playoff but they need to put it in.

Last edited:

pled

Sep 7, 2009
Dalpe score on the first shot in the second finally the road to the playoff become clear!

he's in pace for 50 goal in 82 games

Toronto tied it but Letestu put another one in.

Somerby makes it 3-1 after he joins the rush. He's one of the best Defensive Dman of the AHL it's nice to see him score. He also the primary assist on Dalpe goal.

Scott snd Barack put 2 mores in, in the third I think it's almost sure Cleveland join Columbus in the playoff

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad