Post-Game Talk: AFC Wild Card - Tennessee eliminates PATRIOTS 20-13 - What happens next????

Has Tom Brady played his last game as a Patriot?

• Total voters

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
upload_2020-1-4_23-30-33.png

Reactions: Runner77

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
I think Sony will be flipped in the offseason for a pick

I don’t think they’re gonna want to pay him first round draft pick money next year
He still has 3 years of rookie contract control. 2 + 5th year option. If they were going to trade him, it's after next year.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
“Nobody saw this coming in Foxborough”.

I hate hyperbole like that. That’s absolute horse shit that everyone didn’t see it as a possibility.

edit: best part is the ensuing analysis has bits in there like “well, it wasn’t all that surprising”.

So within 60 seconds of one broadcast we have “no one saw this coming” and “well, this really wasn’t all that surprising”.

Presidential debates and post-game sports analysis could have a hell of a competition to see which genre can provide the least intellectually stimulating material for the masses.

Last edited:

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
I don't want to see Brady in a different jersey but I wouldn't blame him after what he was given for weapons.

I hope Kraft goes all in on him, brings him back, and makes one final true run.

Heck, see if Gronk can give it one more try (a complete fantasy).

No Brady, no more dynasty. No doubt.

Reactions: Lo97

Ragamuffin Gunner

Lost in the Flood
Aug 15, 2008
Boston
Losers lose and the Pats played like f***ing losers for the past 2 months.

They beat themselves, which is the worst way to go out.

Dynasty over.

Garbage.

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
I lay this at the feet of GM Belichick.

Very arrogant to come out with this crew of weapons around Brady IMO.

If you bring Brady back, you load up for one more run.

Otherwise, retool and maybe you can win 10 games with your defense.

They’re long in the tooth, though.

We’re in for some lean years to come. I remember being thrilled with a WC and a trip to the playoffs in ‘94. The expectations will need to be lowered to those 90s levels if they take it down to the studs.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
He still has 3 years of rookie contract control. 2 + 5th year option. If they were going to trade him, it's after next year.

cap hit of $3 mill though, not sure they want to give that to somebody who isn’t going to be a feature back and can really only play in running situations (though I will say he showed some improvement in the passing game imo)

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Honest question... Do you really think Brady would go to another team? It's not like he's in a Bourque situation. He has nothing left to prove.

But I also can't see him wanting to end his career with a wild card loss. My thought is he comes back.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby

We’re in for some lean years to come. I remember being thrilled with a WC and a trip to the playoffs in ‘94. The expectations will need to be lowered to those 90s levels if they take it down to the studs.

Relying on gordon and brown f***ed them in the end imo

like previously mentioned in here the brown signing made us get rid of Thomas, who looked competent with the jets. We could have used competent. Plus he could’ve been a red zone weapon w his size

KesselBuiltMyHotrod

Aug 2, 2005
MA
Losers lose and the Pats played like ****ing losers for the past 2 months.

Yet beat themselves, which is the worst way to go out.

Dynasty over

Garbage.
Yeah I wasn't looking forward to the inevitable KC or Baltimore ass kicking but at least it would be respectable. Losing at home to Tennessee ain't it.

roflstomper

Barzal/Connor/Konecny
Sep 28, 2010
Rhode Island

If Belichick had his way the guy in SF would be his quarterback right now.

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
Honest question... Do you really think Brady would go to another team? It's not like he's in a Bourque situation. He has nothing left to prove.

But I also can't see him wanting to end his career with a wild card loss. My thought is he comes back.

I honestly don’t see where everyone is getting the him leaving stuff from.

season was meh ok. Move. Ok.

he just needs to be more vocal of what he needs

more talent at WR and a TE

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
@Fossy21 im rooting for what puts money in my pocket lol. Wouldn't mind Jimmy G as I have rookies cards of his too, but Jackson would net me more money.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Albert Breer with a good point...the defense was good this year but it might be the oldest defense in the league. The defense isn't going to be as good next year. Brady is gonna be 43. I love the guy but this is as good a time as any to just move on.

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010

Essentially my thoughts.

Only nagging thought against it is maybe him wanting to go somewhere to prove he can do it on his own, without Bill.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad