NFL: AFC Playoff Picture

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
So the KC and PIT part is assuming both teams are tied in SOV and it goes to SOS?

The Colts did not face KC and lost to PIT...

yeah Houston has clinched at least a tie in SOV so if everything goes IND's way they tie SOV and then can win SOS with a KC loss and PIT win

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I hope the Patriots are the first game done on Sunday and they win.

I want them to be the one to drive home the final nail in the coffin. Poetic justice.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I hope the Patriots are the first game done on Sunday and they win.

I want them to be the one to drive home the final nail in the coffin. Poetic justice.

I don't get why you guys get worked up over such little things.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I don't get why you guys get worked up over such little things.

I'm sorry is losing a 1st and a 4th and having the best football player of all time get dragged through the mud for a year because of a pathetic organization like the Colts a "little thing"? They've been the biggest crybaby organization for the better part of a decade at this point.

I don't see it that way, that's just me. Maybe just because it doesn't affect you it doesn't make it "a little thing", ever think of that? Nah probably not...

Think of it this way. Imagine if somebody like Voracek got called out for an illegal curve by the Penguins. They couldn't determine if the curve was legal or not but they decided to take a 1st away from the Flyers and fire their equipment manager anyway because eh, The Pens thought it was illegal so it was probably illegal. I don't think you would feel very happy if you were a Flyers fan.

*this scenario would be even more accurate if ESPN came out and said Voracek had a 90 degree curve on his stick only for it to be revealed that they were entirely wrong and maybe the stick was just a little off, if it was off even at all.

Last edited:

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
*arches brow*

Well, I've heard the Colts called many things before...but it's been a good two decades since 'pathetic organization' has come up.

They got an owner with a dead woman at his house. And a pharmacy in his car while driving intoxicated. They got coaches crying after beating the Titans. They've got Joans Gray running for 200 yards against them. They've got the constant complaining to the league office about the big bad bullies out East. IDK pretty pathetic to me IMO.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Yeah I mean it's not like any of those things happened relatively recently and I'm not speaking in the current or anything. Sorry that facts are facts.

The colts are pathetic and it starts at the top and permeates on down. Shoutout Jim Irsay.

Unsustainable

Seth Jarvis is Elite
Apr 14, 2012
North Carolina
dDokhFa.jpg

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
Normally I could see Miami pulling off a meaningless last game of the season win, but considering they won't even give their best running back the rock, forget it.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Aside from that, half the team looks like they don't give a damn. Tannehill surely has to be hurting from the pounding he took too.

That game will be over at half. Sorry for not helping you out, Broncos/Bengals.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Normally I could see Miami pulling off a meaningless last game of the season win, but considering they won't even give their best running back the rock, forget it.

For whatever reason Tom doesn't play his best in Miami (and surprisingly most of his struggles are later in the year there, not in the heat....just weird)

Not saying the Patriots shouldn't win but I've seen crazier **** happen almost every week this year (last week is Tim Hightower rushing for over 100 yards and 2 tds in 2015, wtf is going on this year)

I think the most unlikely one to happen is the Ravens taking out the Bengals. I think the Ravens basically played their super bowl last week, and while McCarron isn't great he is FAR more likely to put up more points against the Ravens than Mallett will against Cincy's defense.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle

They got an owner with a dead woman at his house. And a pharmacy in his car while driving intoxicated. They got coaches crying after beating the Titans. They've got Joans Gray running for 200 yards against them. They've got the constant complaining to the league office about the big bad bullies out East. IDK pretty pathetic to me IMO.

Don't forget some rather humble beginnings on the Pats part.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Don't forget some rather humble beginnings on the Pats part.

Oh I don't forget they happened, they were god awful forever. I just wasn't really around to see them at their absolute worst.

I remember maybe one season of the Bledsoe Pats (and even then I couldn't really process what a bad team was, I had no good teams to compare them to). Fortunately 2001 happened. Brady started when I was 9 and he's still going now, so there isn't a whole lot of football terror I have experienced. Maybe losing an undefeated season and Brady blowing out his knee the following year in the 1st quarter of the 1st game, but that really is about it. I'm a lucky guy in that regard.

But, regardless, I'm just glad Kraft isn't an absolute total sleazeball like Irsay. As I said that kind of dysfunction permeates throughout an organization.

All this being said I change my mind, I want the Colts to make it. Pretty sure the internet would crash, those days are always fun.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Chargers have been finding ways to lose all year. It's uncanny. I bet the Broncos could just run the wildcat all day and win

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I'm sorry is losing a 1st and a 4th and having the best football player of all time get dragged through the mud for a year because of a pathetic organization like the Colts a "little thing"? They've been the biggest crybaby organization for the better part of a decade at this point.

I don't see it that way, that's just me. Maybe just because it doesn't affect you it doesn't make it "a little thing", ever think of that? Nah probably not...

Think of it this way. Imagine if somebody like Voracek got called out for an illegal curve by the Penguins. They couldn't determine if the curve was legal or not but they decided to take a 1st away from the Flyers and fire their equipment manager anyway because eh, The Pens thought it was illegal so it was probably illegal. I don't think you would feel very happy if you were a Flyers fan.

*this scenario would be even more accurate if ESPN came out and said Voracek had a 90 degree curve on his stick only for it to be revealed that they were entirely wrong and maybe the stick was just a little off, if it was off even at all.

The Colts didn't take those picks away from you. The league did. The Patriots have had their share of teams cry foul against them for no shortage of issues.

Probably the better analogy would be that Steve Mason got away with playing with illegal pads all year. There was a time where I may have even believed it. :laugh:

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
The Colts didn't take those picks away from you. The league did. The Patriots have had their share of teams cry foul against them for no shortage of issues.

Probably the better analogy would be that Steve Mason got away with playing with illegal pads all year. There was a time where I may have even believed it. :laugh:

fair enough :laugh:

I know the league took those picks away from us, but the Colts started up the entire thing (well, the Ravens did at least and it funneled through the Colts). That coupled with the rivalry already existing, bad blood already being present, and Bill Polian mouthing off about the Pats every chance he gets and it's pretty easy to see why myself and I'd say 99% of Patriots fans despise the Colts organization.

Would be fun to see another Patriots-Colts playoff game in the near future when Luck gets well. The hate is very real there, and it transcends fans and actually trickles into the media as well.

Ad

Ad

Ad

-->