GDT: AFC divisional round: Bills vs. Ravens (1.16.21, 8:15PM)

misterchainsaw

Preparing PHASE TWO!
Nov 3, 2005
Rochester, NY

I've always hated Tucker since this
The day after: Helpless against the Ravens, where do Nathan Peterman and the Bills go from here?
BALTIMORE — The damage was done. The Baltimore Ravens had already handed the Buffalo Bills a 47-3 drubbing. Standing at his stall in a jubilant Ravens locker room, Justin Tucker — the kicker — smiled and shouted in his best high-pitched voice.
“NOBODY CIRCLES THE WAGONS LIKE THE BUFFALO BILLS,” the kicker yelled.

Karma can take its time...

whiplash

Jan 6, 2006
NYC
That’s game.

The defense and wind won us this game. And I’m totally ok with that.
To be fair, the wind probably cost Diggs another TD and Bass another 3. But yeah, those Tucker misses in the first were huge.

I'm just, so in shock at the moment. I can't stop thinking about how during the game, I thought we were turning in to the old Bills at so many points. And they never did. They persevered. f***in hell what a feeling

Tsujimoto

Jan 23, 2006
I've always hated Tucker since this
The day after: Helpless against the Ravens, where do Nathan Peterman and the Bills go from here?
BALTIMORE — The damage was done. The Baltimore Ravens had already handed the Buffalo Bills a 47-3 drubbing. Standing at his stall in a jubilant Ravens locker room, Justin Tucker — the kicker — smiled and shouted in his best high-pitched voice.
“NOBODY CIRCLES THE WAGONS LIKE THE BUFFALO BILLS,” the kicker yelled.

"NOBODY DOINKS IT OFF THE UPRIGHTS LIKE JUSTIN TUCKER"

misterchainsaw

Preparing PHASE TWO!
Nov 3, 2005
Rochester, NY
To be fair, the wind probably cost Diggs another TD and Bass another 3. But yeah, those Tucker misses in the first were huge.

I'm just, so in shock at the moment. I can't stop thinking about how during the game, I thought we were turning in to the old Bills at so many points. And they never did. They persevered. f***in hell what a feeling
I'm having this conversation via chat right now too, but Sean McDermott is absolutely coach of the year. They lost a game via hail mary, and the other two games they lost were re-scheduled. They were 13-3

Regardless of the end result, this might be the best team in franchise history. Already. The Wide Right Bills might be the only competition left.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
I said before the game that this Ravens team was overrated. Look at their schedule. They had hardly any impressive wins.

The wind gave the Ravens a huge advantage because it took away the Bills passing game, and they still couldn't beat us.

sabregoat

Sep 22, 2005
Hamburg, NY
They had 32 yds rushing. Cole Beasley and Gabe Davis had 0 catches. They only scored 17 puts. And they won and it was the first game this year that at no point was I worried.

kirby11

Mar 16, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Jackson will never win a super bowl. At least one team will be disciplined and can hold them down.

The bills had every reason to lose this game. Horrible winds, "poor" rushing defense, going against a dominant defense. Yet they didn't fold. They just crushed them.

Not sure if I'd say never, but it’s doubtful under their current system. They need to get him more weapons on the outside. Hollywood is a nice piece, but not a true #1 at all. They don't have the WRs to make teams pay for loading up against the run and clogging the middle to stop Andrews.

I do wonder how he adjusts when he eventually loses a step or two in terms of his speed, acceleration, and agility.

Reactions: Waterfowlist

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
Just realized that Nick Wright has lost his bet to Cowherd as Buffalo has now won 2 playoff games and has to be drenched in Ketchup and Mustard, Pinto Ron style

This is the second sweetest part about tonight's result, ahead of Josh getting one up on Lamar in the 2018 debate which will forever link these 2 (and Baker to an extent even though Lamar and Josh are clearly an entire level above Mayfield.) Josh is a top 3 QB, only below Mahomes and Rodgers as of TODAY. And long term it is a 1A and 1B type situation between Mahomes and Allen. These 2 are going to be the Crosby and Ovechkin of the NFL.

But yeah like I mentionedm, Josh beating Lamar was only the 3rd best aspect of tonight's game only behind going to the AFCG (1st best part) and ass clown Nick weiner nose Wright having to get drenched in the ketchup and mustard. Even in defeat that piece of shit had to take a shot at Allen, the Bills and the Mafia in his tweet. This loser is just a literal piece of shit. When I read the first part of his tweet I was actually commending him in my mind for the humility of it...and then got to the end of the tweet. Yeah, such a pompous clown. I would say nothing would be sweeter then Allen dueling and defeating Mahomes next win en route to the Super Bowl but I would rather see the Browns to upset the Chiefs to make this playoffs sting him even more and not just because it is by far an easier opponent and also lead to another home playoff game.

Tonight still doesn't even feel real. Like this is just such an awesome feeling. I haven't felt this good since the 05-07 Sabre era and this 2021 NFL playoffs is far better then the 06 and 07 NHL playoffs for Buffalonians because football is literally 5-10 times as popular and more known then hockey ever will be. I said prior to kickoff in week 1 that I would be happy with 11-5 and a playoff win. Then before playoffs after a season where we finished 13-3, earned the 2 seed and were a top 3 NFL team overall during the regular season that the AFC title game appearance would make me happy. But now? After we straight up dominated Lamar on the ground and scoreboard? Yeah, I want a Lombardi trophy. This season is going to go down as a top 5 greatest in franchise history no matter what else happens. And if/when we win next week it then will go down as the best season ever in Buffalo Bills history. This feels like destiny....this is our year!

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
Oh and I don't care about any possible reasoning/excuses that the Bills staff/coaches may have about Williams....there is absolutely ZERO reason not to dress Williams next game. Yet again the Bills running backs were disappointing and unproductive. And like I expected, when it came down to a pivotal 2nd-3rd and 1/2, the Bills RBs/Yeldon totally failed at converting. Luckily we were bailed out by that penalty and that they had a 3rd string QB attempting to mount the comeback. But against a team like KC/GB and a Mahomes or Rodgers?! You simply cannot have a running attack do that and expect to beat the true cream of the crop of the NFL which we now are definitely playing the next 2 games.

You do not have a chance at beating KC at Arrowhead if you just literally pass every single time the first 15-20 plays. The Bills had a terrible 32 yards rushing against Baltimore. Before tonight only 3 other teams ran for that little and still won. (Technically 2 teams but 99 rams x2 and 14 Patriots). It is Williams time. We got lucky to get past the Ravens with by far the most one dimensional offense I have seen in a very long time.

Absolutely ZERO excuse to not start Williams. We chose TJ Yeldon to dress instead. A back with 6 career rushing TDs in 60 games and 30 starts. With 492 career rushing attempts. Williams has 12 career attempts and has 1/3rd the amount of career rush TDs then TJ Yeldon. Motor is also pitiful when it comes to finding pay dirt via rushing. Williams matched Motors season rush td total each of the past 2 seasons in 12 carries/28 snaps/1 half of football :laugh::laugh: Motor+Yeldon have 10 career rushing tds COMBINED on 799 career carries. Williams has 1/5th that amount of rush TDs even though Motor and Yeldon have over 66 times the rush attempts.

Reactions: brian_griffin

yahhockey

Jan 23, 2013
Tried to sleep but it's not happening. Has anyone else been contemplating a trip to Florida as the season progressed?

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
And with his TD to Diggs tonight Josh is now 4th all time in Bills history in playoff passing TDs! With 3! :help:

At first I thought that had to be a typo but then I remembered for nearly the entire history of the AFL that there really weren't any "playoff" games....just that the 2 division winners played for the Championship and that was it. So that would explain the lack of playoff Pass TDs for nearly the first decade of existence. Not to mention we had a pretty bad stretch of seasons from 1967 to 1979 that encompassed 2 leagues where we only had 1 playoff season in those 13 years and went 1 and done in that lone appearance. We did make it back to back in 80 (1 and done) and 81 (WC win and Divisional round loss) before another drought of 6 seasons from 82 to 87. It was 88-99 where the Bills franchise finally had sustained success with 10 appearances in 12 seasons before we had to experience a playoff drought so bad that it literally traversed all 4 major professional sports leagues. Thank you Coach McDermott for being a winner and turning us into a perennial contender ever since you got here. Aside from our glory days of AFL titles in the mid 60s and then the astonishing playoff runs from 88-99 overall the Bills franchise is pretty damn bad. We literally have been in the NFL for 50 seasons which had a playoffs that included more then a single game and we have only 33 playoff games in franchise history. Luckily for us, when Josh leads us to a win next week we will finally be at .500 with our playoff record and then a win after that will give us a playoff record above .500 :)

So that is how we have a playoff passing leader board where a QB with 3 passing TDs is 4th all time. It is all good though, Josh will cruise into 2nd by the end of this year with 2 more playoff appearances this year for him.

Jim Kelly 21
Frank Reich 7
Joe Ferguson 6
Josh Allen 3
Jack Kemp 2
Doug Flutie 1
Daryle Lamonica 1
Alex Van Pelt 1

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad