GDT: AEW Double or Nothing | May 25th 2019 - 8pm - Las Vegas

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
No numbers have been released yet, but speculation is, the buy rate numbers were impressive.

Dave said there were like 200,000 searches based on Google Trends during the show, and then when you factor in social media trends, it was even more of a hit in terms of online interaction.
Pretty sure speculation was it did what normal WWE PPVs used to do, which would be 125,000-200,000 range. All speculation for now of course.

xtra

May 19, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site
I'm not an Ambrose/Moxley fan, but I've always thought his finisher was by far the best of anyone in the SHIELD, including all of Rollins' various finishers.

A kick to the gut and a sudden impact to the head. Sounds similar to another famous finisher...

Meh- the competition you speak of is a spear/superman punch or a curb stomp that’s like saying your best bottom 5 team in the league.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
i thought they never relased the All In numbers.
Meltzer would have gotten wind of it by now, and he supposedly mentioned it in the WOR today which was roundtable style.

Someone on Reddit did some research and even a 75,000 buy number would have blown TNA at its peak out of the water.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
They had no clue who they were throwing to. They said wrong names over and over. They sounded nervous as ****. Ross gave the wrong website. They fumbled over one another. They didn't call important spots.

The sad thing is, they are probably sitting there putting together a gameplan to be amazing while you defend blindly.

Theyll be great. We know that. DON... nope.
Better. No personal insults.

And I only said Excalibur was great. I didn't hear much bumbling during the main show from him. I did hear both Ross and Marvez cutting him and each other off a ton.

The preshow maybe but I also wasn't paying as much attention because it felt so cheesy. One of the #1 Contender came out of a match with a non-legged wrestler. I'm all for feel good moments, but it seemed very Chikara in a company who has talked about bringing legitimacy and prestige back to wrestling.

The idea for the battle royale was great. The execution was not.

And the Sammy/Kip match should have been great. But it seemed.. not even sure how to explain it. I also have influenza and watched the preshow late at night.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Meltzer would have gotten wind of it by now, and he supposedly mentioned it in the WOR today which was roundtable style.

Someone on Reddit did some research and even a 75,000 buy number would have blown TNA at its peak out of the water.

Don't Meltzer and Tony Khan have a personal relationship or something? Hasn't Khan did like show reports for Meltzer before too?

I feel like Meltzer's AEW info will be more solid than his WWE info

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Don't Meltzer and Tony Khan have a personal relationship or something? Hasn't Khan did like show reports for Meltzer before too?

Yeah I believe they do. Meltzer and Jericho are also really tight, and Jericho fed him lots of info when he was in WWE.

I mean... he’s also close with The Bucks. His AEW coverage will be really good.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne

He just sent in a couple of show reports years ago, loads of people do it. Meltzer asks for them each week. It's not like Khan was working for him or anything, he is just a long time subscriber.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
39E5E07E-2E87-4439-994A-ABBCB461D9BF.jpeg
This is a truly great picture, by Ryan Loco.

Reactions: KaseMeOutside

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
AEW is also going to be far more open with their information than WWE will be. WOR subscribers are part of who they're targeting whereas WWE is going to continue to live in their bubble.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
Thought it was a good show.

Bucks-Lucha Bros stole the show. The Best Friends match was really good too and probably the 2nd best match.

Cody-Dustin wasn't great but told a good story. Dustin was LEAKING.

Thought Kenny and Y2J had a better match at WK. Surprised, but not surprised Jericho won. He can put Page over as the first champ while Kenny deals with Moxley. The Moxley stuff was good. Love the dirty deeds to the ref lol.

MJF is a star heel in the making. Didn't know who he was before All In and didn't really care about him after All In either, but his run on BTE has made me a fan.

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
WWE tried to make fun of 2 men for shaving one another's backs.

AEW starts off with... a double amputee, a possible gay/trans character, etc.

Yeah **** WWE.

I enjoyed MJF just kicking the guy with no legs. Heat magnet.

So far AEW has found a good way to be progressive and diverse naturally without shoving it down your throat too. Let these guys/gals get over naturally as wrestling without forcing their race/gender/handicap/etc on us every 3 secs.

You know if WWE had anyone like that, Stephanie would cut a 20 minutes promo basically saying "LOOK HOW PC AND PROGRESSIVE WE ARE!"

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Just finished the show.

Not on NXT level, but a pretty freaking good show. I enjoyed all the match and was really impressed by the Joshi match.

My favourite match was Cody vs Dustin. Not the best wrestling match, but the best story and I loved the little segment after the match.

Young Bucks vs Lucha Brothers was fun and spectacular.

Cody vs Jericho was awesome. Great wrestling and good story. The Mocley bit at the end was f***ing great.

All in all, very good first (second) PPV. The top of the card is strong and they have some interesting guys underneath. They need more, but it is a very good start.

I look forward to MJF becoming the top heel in the business. He has that potential.

Oct 18, 2011

Tony has been an observer subscriber for a long time. If it's a good number Tony is going to want it out there ASAP.

The best TNA ever did was in the 50,000 range for Joe and Kurt, which Russo had nothing to do with so naturally he gained more power after!

Oct 18, 2011
AEW is also going to be far more open with their information than WWE will be. WOR subscribers are part of who they're targeting whereas WWE is going to continue to live in their bubble.
And AEW is going to have real credentialed media there to cover events whereas WWE can never get those because they want the media to act as a PR arm and not real sports media

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
So if the 200,000 buys is true that's $10 million plus gate, 13,000*? (say $75) $975,000-$1,000,000. Merch, who the hell knows. Anything else? I say they cleared $25 Million-$30 Million.

Oct 18, 2011
Just finished the show.

Not on NXT level, but a pretty freaking good show. I enjoyed all the match and was really impressed by the Joshi match.

My favourite match was Cody vs Dustin. Not the best wrestling match, but the best story and I loved the little segment after the match.

Young Bucks vs Lucha Brothers was fun and spectacular.

Cody vs Jericho was awesome. Great wrestling and good story. The Mocley bit at the end was ****ing great.

All in all, very good first (second) PPV. The top of the card is strong and they have some interesting guys underneath. They need more, but it is a very good start.

I look forward to MJF becoming the top heel in the business. He has that potential.
Of the non top guys MJF and Scorpio Sky were the stands outs for me

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->