theo6060

Feb 7, 2003
Visit site
What ratings should these four get?
Rostislav Olesz
Andrej Meszaros
Kirill Lyamin
Anthony Stewart

Stewart has a rating at 7.5 already, but that hasn't been updated for a while. What should the 4 get now?
My opinion is this:
Olesz: 8
Meszaros: 7.5-8
Lyamin: 7
Stewart: 8

What do you think?

Guig

Jun 17, 2003
Qc
Anthony Stewart 8C
Rostislav Olesz 8C
Andrej Meszaros 7.5B
Kirill Lyamin 7B

borro

Oct 8, 2002
Texas
Visit site
theo6060 said:
What ratings should these four get?
Rostislav Olesz
Andrej Meszaros
Kirill Lyamin
Anthony Stewart

Stewart has a rating at 7.5 already, but that hasn't been updated for a while. What should the 4 get now?
My opinion is this:
Olesz: 8
Meszaros: 7.5-8
Lyamin: 7
Stewart: 8

What do you think?

Meszaros 7A
Olesz 7B
Lyamin 6C
Stewart 6.5C

Enoch

This is my boomstick
Jul 2, 2003
Cookeville TN
Olesz: 8C
Meszaros: 7B
Lyamin: 6.5 C
Stewart: 6.5 B

I think a lot of you guys need to recheck the criteria you are labeling these guys as ;).

Olesz has first line potential, the only one in the group, yet he also has the most question marks to succeed....i.e. he just suffered a huge concussion and I am wondering how he will play the following year. The rest have a very good shot at playing on the second line/pairing, although I see Lyamin (d) and Stewart (center) possibly falling slightly short and filling in as a no.6-8 forward or 4/5 defensemen.

Last edited:

Drake1588

UNATCO
Sponsor
Jul 2, 2002
Northern Virginia
Some suggest that Stewart has dominated because he has feasted on kids who have yet to put on weight, while he comes in at 225 already. He isn't going to get much bigger than he is now, but the rest of his peer group is going to continue to grow. Will he still be able to shake everyone off him when that happens? While none of that is his fault or within his control, one theory is that he may not dominate everyone else in the physical department, the way he does in junior, once he reaches the NHL.

It's an open question without an answer right now. I know I like seeing another RW like Eric Fehr score 50 goals in the WHL last year, standing at a tall and gangly 6' 3" but only 190 pounds, because he is going to keep getting bigger and stronger as he matures. Fehr could add another 30-35 pounds to his frame before he reaches his playing weight. I don't think you are going to see Stewart, at 6' 1", add much to his 225 pounds. Shrug.

theo6060

Feb 7, 2003
Visit site
Drake1588 said:
Some suggest that Stewart has dominated because he has feasted on kids who have yet to put on weight, while he comes in at 225 already. He isn't going to get much bigger than he is now, but the rest of his peer group is going to continue to grow. Will he still be able to shake everyone off him when that happens? While none of that is his fault or within his control, one theory is that he may not dominate everyone else in the physical department, the way he does in junior, once he reaches the NHL.

It's an open question without an answer right now. I know I like seeing another RW like Eric Fehr score 50 goals in the WHL last year, standing at a tall and gangly 6' 3" but only 190 pounds, because he is going to keep getting bigger and stronger as he matures. Fehr could add another 30-35 pounds to his frame before he reaches his playing weight. I don't think you are going to see Stewart, at 6' 1", add much to his 225 pounds. Shrug.
The HF profile on him is a bit old, he's listed at 6'2" and 230 lbs on McKeen's hockey...

sharkyz15

Jul 13, 2003
The Dirty Dirty SC
Visit site
Drake1588 said:

I guess this makes some sence but isnt jerome iginla about the same size?

not comparing the 2 but he will still be bigger then a lot of NHL players

May 1, 2003
Visit site
Rostislav Olesz - 8.0 B
Anthony Stewart - 7.5 B
Andrej Meszaros - 7.5 B
Kirill Lyamin - 7.0 C

NV

Aug 22, 2003
Drake1588 said:

One of the major knocks on Stewart is that he doesn't give a consistent effort. He can be dominant when he wants to but he doesn't do it game in and game out. Some times he'll be the best player on the ice, some night he'll be invisible. It's been suggested that he merely plays down to his opposition but as long as he does that, people will question his drive. The more successful OHL players from his draft class (Staal, Horton, Brown, Carter, Richards, Perry) all perform(ed) better on a more consistent basis and are farther ahead as a result.

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
Guys, have you seen Meszaros play?

Enoch said:
Olesz has first line potential, the only one in the group.
I beg to differ. Meszaros will be a top line defenseman on the Sens, or whatever team he ends up with.

He's tall, he's fast, has a great first pass out of his zone, can carry the puck out, looked fine in the World Championships as a youngster, touted as a future star, first round pick, etc.

Don't underestimate him.

The other three I haven't seen play, or if I have, they didn't leave an impression.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad