Advice needed (WSH)

AlexTheRod

Nov 13, 2011
Hi,

It's almost my turn to draft (in websim hockey) and there is a bunch of player that got my attention but a lot of them are in the west and I don't see them play often.

Since it's a game thing like intangibles or leadership are irrelevant.
I want to draft the best player available in term of offensive or defensive skill (like pk time, shot blocking) and that player must have a good opportunity to perform well in the real NHL since his real life stats will be transpose to the game.

Forwards:
CAM ATKINSON
DREW SHORE
ANDREW SHAW
ANDREI LOKTIONOV
JORDAN SCHROEDER
DAMIEN BRUNNER

Defensemen:
TYSON BARRIE
BRENDEN DILLON
CHRISTOPHER TANEV
MICHAEL STONE
BRENDAN SMITH
RYAN ELLIS

Any advice is welcome. How would you rank them? Anyone in those player stands out for you?

thanks

Reel2Reel

Aug 3, 2013
Brendan Dillon is a Hit/Block machine. Solid pick up. I might take Brunner over Dillon though.

TheNudge

Aug 11, 2008
Here's my top 4 choice for you in order

Brendan Smith- safe pick- could turn out to be a stud which I figure will happen
Andrew Shaw- might become the number 2 center with Bolland gone. He can do it all.
Damien Brunner- he's such a wild card. He's a boom or bust type player. Don't get me wrong he hit the skills to be in the nhl but for how long. Will he be the next Ville Leino?
Brendan Dillon- if your looking for player that hit,get PK time,Bks,Pts then he's your man.

Here's the stats - 2012-2013

Andrew Shaw- 14:49 TOI/G -48Gp-9G-6A-15pts-+6-38Pim-70hits-14Bks-2:03 PPT/G,3sec PkT/G
Brendan Smith- 19:07 TOI/G-34Gp-0G-8A-8Pts-+1-36Pim-20hits-35bks-2:09 PKT/G,12sec PPT/G
Damien Brunner-13:06Toi/G-44gp-12G-14A-26pts-6-12Pim-20hits-10bks-2:27 PPT/G,1sec PkT/G
Brendan Dillon-21:22TOI/G-48gp-3G-5A-8pts-+1-65Pim-133hits-74BKs-2:35PKT/G,24sec PPT/G

I wouldn't take Brunner but any of the rest would be a great pick.

By the way Stone should have a great year, keep a eye on him. Pick him with your next selection:

AlexTheRod

Nov 13, 2011
I have those picks: 1, 21, 29, 31 and 38th

With the 1st I toke Mackinnon and the 21st is approaching. Atkinson got selected at 19th so he's off the list.

Can Dillon contribute offensively or he's mostly a defensive type of D?
Shaw will play on the top 6 of Chicago or can he be relegated to the 3rd line? Can Pirri get his spot?

Anyone have some insights on Barrie?

thanks for the replies

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino