Advantages of T Blades?

Discussion in 'The Rink' started by ALF AmericanLionsFan, Jan 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
View Users: View Users
  1. ALF AmericanLionsFan

ALF AmericanLionsFan Registered User

teacher
    Home Page:
    I was just wondering what the advantages of T Blades were. My buddy got them and seems to love them. Says he doesn't sharpen them only replaces the blade when they are worn out. I don't know much about them,but I do get frustrated because I feel like I'm sharpening my skates all the time. Any info on these would be appreciated.

2. Gallagbi

Gallagbi Formerly Eazy_B97

They are consistant and come with a decent edge on them. They're great for people who don't have a good local sharpener, but a good sharpening is better. They use some other lines to sell them, but they aren't really true. It's not a bad product, but a good sharpening is better.

3. Pothier

Pothier Registered User

I have them on my Graf 502's. This is my first time using T-Blades. I can tell you this: there is no better feeling than having a sharpened pair of skates. I can get a month out of my T-Blades before I get a new pair. I use one of those ceramic sticks on my T-Blades, and it sharpens them nicely, but it is nice to have a brand new pair.

I'm not sure if it's just mine, but my T-Blade holder is very chinsy. I've taken a few pucks to the holder of my T-Blades, and they feel like they are falling apart.

Once I can afford a new pair of skates, I am definately switching back to my old TUUK Lightspeed holder.

So if you don't have easy access to regular skate shapening, get the T-Blades. If you do have easy access, just get a regular holder.

4. ALF AmericanLionsFan

ALF AmericanLionsFan Registered User

teacher
    Home Page:
    Can you get those put on any type of skate?

5. Gallagbi

6. Skroob*

Skroob* Guest

They have a distinct sound when you skate, so dont expect to be stealthy out there.

7. stick9

stick9 Registered User

The down fall of T-blades is you can't just run out and have your skates sharpened. If they are dull and you don't have a replacement you are screwed. I hear the stones work, but only to a certain point.

Have you looked into having your blades replaced with some better steel? I know a bunch of guys using Hot Blades and they love em.

8. Gallagbi

I don't really consider that a flaw. You could use the reverse to promote them. Say you have a late game and all the stores are closed. With T'Blades, you can keep an extra set of runners handy and always be prepared.

9. stick9

stick9 Registered User

True, it's the old is the glass half empty or half full arguement. I'd like to try them to be honest. Just to see what they feel like. If I didn't have easy access to a decent place to get my skates sharpened I would probably look into it more.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.