News Article: Advanced Stats resource: Maple Leafs stat pack

meefer

Jun 9, 2015
Bangkok
First, allow me to say that I'm not an advanced stat guru. I've learned a few things here that have helped me better understand some of the nuances that I miss when watching the game (they do help balance the 'eye test'), but I suppose my lack of dedication and mediocre math literacy skills hold me back from better diving into the numbers.

That said, this page, to my eyes, offers fairly comprehensive sets of data in an understandable form which may help some who are stat averse.

Tableau Public

I'd guess there are weaknesses to the data on this page, but it's easily accessible and understandable. If any of those who are comfortable with Advanced Stats should care to chime in on the strengths and weaknesses of this page, I'd be happy to read your comments. Thanks.

See post #2 for :laugh: the nature of the edit ;)

Last edited:

willmma

Jan 5, 2017
For a moment I thought "those who are comfortable with ASs" was a typo.

Seriously though, this site is cool.
Thanks for sharing.

Reactions: meefer

CanadasTeam

Nov 9, 2009
Tarrana
First, allow me to say that I'm not an advanced stat guru. I've learned a few things here that have helped me better understand some of the nuances that I miss when watching the game (they do help balance the 'eye test'), but I suppose my lack of dedication and mediocre math literacy skills hold me back from better diving into the numbers.

That said, this page, to my eyes, offers fairly comprehensive sets of data in an understandable form which may help some who are stat averse.

Tableau Public

I'd guess there are weaknesses to the data on this page, but it's easily accessible and understandable. If any of those who are comfortable with ASs should care to chime in on the strengths and weaknesses of this page, I'd be happy to read your comments. Thanks.
Thanks for sharing - bookmarked!

Reactions: meefer

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad