Advanced stats outside the NHL

PuckPoise

May 25, 2011
Apologies if this or something similar is already out there, but couldn't find anything.

I'm sure this has been discusses at points but I recently heard about the Greyhounds of the OHL and an NCAA team tracking their own advanced stats to use for their advantage. Being from Europe I know that people barely know about it here and I doubt teams use it, but what are some other examples (proof) that CHL and NCAA teams track their own stuff for player evaluations?

Thanks

Patman

Feb 23, 2004
www.stat.uconn.edu
Apologies if this or something similar is already out there, but couldn't find anything.

I'm sure this has been discusses at points but I recently heard about the Greyhounds of the OHL and an NCAA team tracking their own advanced stats to use for their advantage. Being from Europe I know that people barely know about it here and I doubt teams use it, but what are some other examples (proof) that CHL and NCAA teams track their own stuff for player evaluations?

Thanks

I would think that every team has an idea of their own metrics. The real issue is dedicating staff to collect data for stuff that goes beyond the normal stat-sheet stuff. I haven't heard of an NCAA team doing such a thing, but I wouldn't rule it out. It'd be a bit tedious and while even NCAA teams have a dedicated film guy these days I don't know that they're sitting down with game film to collect that type of data.

Can't rule it out of course.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad