Adult Pond Hockey Tournament - Jan-2013

Leinenkugels

Oct 28, 2012
Leinenkugel-sm3.jpg
We'd like to invite you to a great Pond Hockey tournament Jan. 11-13 2013 in central Wisconsin.

For more info you can go to our Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/LeinenkugelsClassicPondHockey and share with your members, or our website at http://classicpondhockey.com/

Last year was the inaugural year of the Leinenkugel’s Classic adult pond hockey tournament. It was a very successful tournament with 14 teams in 3 divisions. This year we are off to an earlier start and already have teams registered from as far away as Illinois. We are planning on having teams in the event from Illinois, Michigan, Iowa, Minnesota, and Wisconsin.

The 2nd annual Midwest Freeze Leinenkugel’s Classic adult pond hockey tournament will be played on Sunny Vale Lake at Sunnyvale Park in Wausau, WI on January 11-13, 2013. 4 on 4 pond hockey played on a lake in the great outdoors. The tournament will be played over three days. With 12 divisions, including a co-ed division, we are anticipating 680 participants from the Midwest. With 680 participants on 96 teams we plan on well over 2,000 participants, friends, family, and spectators. The tournament will be run entirely by volunteers and all proceeds going to the local hockey community.

Over the past 2 years the alliance between the following organizations have been developing plans for the tournament and to market the tournament, along with the communities involved and their businesses, to showcase the Wausau area as a destination for hockey and much, much more.

· Wausau Warjacks Youth Hockey

· Midwest Freeze

· Marathon County Parks Department

· Central Wisconsin Convention and Visitors Bureau

1000 S 72nd Ave Wausau, Wisconsin 54401 2013 Midwest Freeze Leinenkugel's Classic Adult Pond Hockey Tournament January 11 - 13, 2013 Sunnyvale Lake Wausau, WI http://classicpondhockey.com/

Thank you and if you have any questions let me know.

Last edited:

Leinenkugels

Oct 28, 2012
I will try to get at least one solid team from Ohio to show up.

Awesome! We got some teams from IL, and Iowa coming! one far as Delaware! working on getting this tournament to rival the others! last year was a blast! I played it last year and working on the committee and playing this year!

wahsnairb

Jun 9, 2010
Awesome! We got some teams from IL, and Iowa coming! one far as Delaware! working on getting this tournament to rival the others! last year was a blast! I played it last year and working on the committee and playing this year!

Ohio will be represented! what division would you suggest for guys who played travel and high school and some college but may have some lady college players as well?

Leinenkugels

Oct 28, 2012
I'd say Silver, if you feel your really solid then Gold, Gold last year was very competitive, but if you played College Gold should be your pace

Leinenkugels

Oct 28, 2012
Not many teams register Gold, so you may have a better shot at winning Gold, Silver will be a solid Div

Leinenkugels

Oct 28, 2012
Argh! Right on the last weekend of my agency's filing period! My boss will never give me the day off for this. I'll let the skaters here know anyway.

I'm not a religious person, but I do believe the hockey gods will frown on you working..

Thanks for sharing

wahsnairb

Jun 9, 2010
BUMP for awareness.. and will you guys be cutting off registration at a specific number of teams or not so much?

wahsnairb

Jun 9, 2010
So if we approach that range we'll start finaling divisions

can you send me a warning when this takes place haha? I think there are multiple groups trying to form teams from here and I want to help them all make it in.

Leinenkugels

Oct 28, 2012
Sure! also keep checking the website for updates! we've had 11,000+ views so far! so its growing quickly, I will pm you my email

Leinenkugels

Oct 28, 2012
The Midwest Freeze Leinenkugel's Classic Pond Hockey will be having a special game on Saturday January 12! The Hanson Brothers from the movie “Slap Shot” will be playing an exhibition game in the afternoon on Sunnyvale Lake. Come see them play or better yet play against them, we will have a raffle for your chance to play in the game against them! There will be an opportunity to get autographs and pictures. Register your team now so you will get in the tournament and be here to meet The Hansons Brothers.

Leinenkugels

Oct 28, 2012
As registrations continue to come in, we will need to max out at 100 teams!

Don't miss out on the 2nd Annual Leinenkugel's Classic Adult Pond Hockey Tournament to be held January 11-13, 2013 on Sunnyvale Lake in Wausau, WI.

New This Year:
* Hanson Brothers will be here, get in on a raffle to play them.
* Sat. Night Party with Tuscan Road band.
* Battle of the Badges Divisions

We will be capping this year's registration at 100 teams to keep the integrity of the tournament. For an added incentive to get registered all teams registered by December 14th will be entered in a drawing for free registration.

The sooner we get to the maximum teams the sooner we can get all of the details finalized!

Get registered today!

Leinenkugels

Oct 28, 2012
can you send me a warning when this takes place haha? I think there are multiple groups trying to form teams from here and I want to help them all make it in.

We're getting registrations almost daily man! I'd get in soon! everyone wants to win free registration!

you close to registering?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad