Adult Hockey Camp

Wildturkey12

Do It!
Oct 20, 2010
L.A.
Has anyone ever been to one of these? I was looking into the Weekend Warrior Camp in Tahoe next month. Any other camps to look at? I couldnt talk any of my buddies into it so I would probably be flying solo.

DJnet65

Aug 29, 2005
San Jose, CA
I went to the Weekend Warriors camp at Tahoe last year and the biggest endorsement I can give for it, is I plan on going this year.

I had a blast the other students'players were all really cool and we had such a good time. the coaches were awesome. They were without a doubt the highest level of coaches I've ever workied with. Their knowledge of the game was incredible, but the best thing was they made the camp so much fun.

customradius

Jan 26, 2010
I attended WW the last two years. I had a blast, learned a ton, and hope to attend this year

TheOtter

Oct 14, 2007
New Hampshire
My wife and I were signed up for the New England camp a few years ago, but they didn't get enough players, so they cancelled it. I was surprised, because there is a LOT of rec-league hockey around here. Pretty bummed, too - looks like a great camp.

Crossbar Ping

Mar 16, 2009
Vancouver
Or you can do what I did and just joined a few powerskating classes , usually like 5-8 classes for around $300 . There were like 10-20 ppl each time and really helped out in all facets of game.

pelts35.com

Oct 4, 2004
www.pelts35.com
My wife and I were signed up for the New England camp a few years ago, but they didn't get enough players, so they cancelled it. I was surprised, because there is a LOT of rec-league hockey around here. Pretty bummed, too - looks like a great camp.

They are having one in New England in May. I am signed up for it have been told that they have enough enrollment already that it will be a go.

Crossbar Ping said:
Or you can do what I did and just joined a few powerskating classes , usually like 5-8 classes for around $300 . There were like 10-20 ppl each time and really helped out in all facets of game.

I certainly won't knock you for taking a few classes, but comparing it to a 4 or 5 day hockey camp isn't the same thing if someone is looking for a "camp" experience with not only instruction, but a social aspect as well.

TheOtter

Oct 14, 2007
New Hampshire
They are having one in New England in May. I am signed up for it have been told that they have enough enrollment already that it will be a go.

That's right - I had forgotten. We signed up for the Tim Thomas adult camp in Portland, ME, this year. Less instruction, but we're making a week-long vacation out of it.

Two in a year would be a bit steep, so we'll keep an eye out if they (WW) do it again next year.

Wildturkey12

Do It!
Oct 20, 2010
L.A.

I have been to tons of clinics. I just thought it would be cool to dedicate a whole extended weekend to hockey.

pelts35.com

Oct 4, 2004
www.pelts35.com
I just received an email that they need just 1 more person to enroll for the Tahoe camp to move forward.

Frankly this sounds like a great opportunity to get a lot of ice time and instruction.

pelts35.com

Oct 4, 2004
www.pelts35.com
I just got that e-mail also.

1 more needed for South Lake Tahoe camp.

I highly recommened it if you have the opportunity.

From the email for anyone on the fence about signing up...

"As an added incentive, I can tell you that this camp will be a very intimate experience, which will make it all the more enjoyable and beneficial to each player in attendance. We currently have 16 skaters and 3 goalies signed up for camp. With such a small group this will be an outstanding opportunity for you to get additional personal attention from our coaches, as well as increased reps in all of the drills. That makes this a great learning opportunity."

Wildturkey12

Do It!
Oct 20, 2010
L.A.
Hopefully they can get this last person to sign up. It would suck to cancel it over 1 person. I know I would pitch in an extra 35 bucks to cover the cost of it.

pelts35.com

Oct 4, 2004
www.pelts35.com
Hopefully they can get this last person to sign up. It would suck to cancel it over 1 person. I know I would pitch in an extra 35 bucks to cover the cost of it.

I agree, it would suck to cancel because they are one short, although I don't see what advantage, other than the "tuition" of adding 1 player would be as then you'd have an odd number of skaters. Ideally the 1 person to add would be a goaltender to even that out.

trukweaz

Mar 19, 2011
hey the Otter, how was the Tim Thomas camp? I am thinking of signing up for that ME session in August!

TheOtter

Oct 14, 2007
New Hampshire
hey the Otter, how was the Tim Thomas camp? I am thinking of signing up for that ME session in August!

I don't know - this summer in Maine will be our first time. I don't see why it won't be a blast, though... Hang out on vacation during the day and get a little hockey practice every evening? What's not to like?

trukweaz

Mar 19, 2011
I don't know - this summer in Maine will be our first time. I don't see why it won't be a blast, though... Hang out on vacation during the day and get a little hockey practice every evening? What's not to like?

true! I live just up the road and I am trying to justify it.

TheOtter

Oct 14, 2007
New Hampshire
true! I live just up the road and I am trying to justify it.

Then you should definitely do it. As long as $295 isn't going to put you in dire straits, I say go for it.

How's this for justification: Some guy who calls himself TheOtter on the internet said I'd have fun and improve and it would be totally worth it! :yo:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad