Equipment: Adult equipment bags

TheBluePenguin

Apr 15, 2015
St Louis
I have been using the same bag for 20 years so I have not even looked at bags in a really long time. My 13yo has been using a bag given to him for 3 years but now that he is growing like a weed and his gear is ballooning. I need to get him a bigger bag as his is barley closing.

Any suggestions?

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Depends on features and price point. The better bags will be made of better and more durable materials and have more features and more compartments.

Bauer, for example, has tiers, Core then Premium, then Elite. Features and prices increase between the lines. Same thing w/ CCM.

I personally opted for the top of the line bag because I like my shit organized and the durability of it.

Maybe head down to your LHS and check some out for yourself, and maybe find a good one on clearance.

LeifUK

Jan 2, 2018
I had a low end Bauer core carry bag, it split after 18 months, I’m not impressed. I now have a more expensive Bauer core bag with wheels which is showing signs of wear after a year or two, again I’m not impressed.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I'd go the Pro Stock route if you can find it. My teammate picked up one that was used in the AHL and it's great. Durable material and the zipper is metallic not cheap plastic so it should hold up much longer.

JustJokinenAround

just a goofball
Feb 5, 2018
a local rink
i got a bauer pro15 bag. its pretty nice and doubles as a backpack which i also like, because i'm stupid and often almost get the bag stuck in the door.

the skate and helmet pockets are nice to have

gswift

Mar 27, 2013
At the retail level, I suggest the Warrior Pro bags, solid build quality in a simple design. If you want something with extra pockets & compartments I suggest Pacific Rink bags.

mrRedWing91

Sep 17, 2021
I'm using the backpack type bag from Tron hockey.com. Tron XR8 is the model. Its handy and gets the job done. Could be a bit better quality for sure.

Bondoao1

Oct 4, 2009
SoCal
I've been using the same Ice Warehouse bag since 2016 without any major signs of wear.
They don't sell them anymore as far as I can tell though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->