ADT: Canada vs Russia Challenge Rosters Annouced

Slitty

Oct 23, 2005
Since no one seems surprised by the WHL roster, can someone explain to me why neither Mueller nor Hanzal made the team? I'm not trying to be a homer; I'm just trying to figure out how two of the top scorers and best players in the league were left off the team, though I'm admittedly not that familiar with this event.

Well I cannot see many more than 5-6 (and quite possibly fewer) of the Russians on this roster making the World Juniors team, so whatever reasoning Canada had behind not including Mueller and Hanzal, if it decreases the quality of team Canada - it will only make this series more competative (yet probably not competative enough).

Aaron Vickers

FCHockey
Mar 4, 2002
Calgary, AB
www.nhlentrydraft.com
Since no one seems surprised by the WHL roster, can someone explain to me why neither Mueller nor Hanzal made the team? I'm not trying to be a homer; I'm just trying to figure out how two of the top scorers and best players in the league were left off the team, though I'm admittedly not that familiar with this event.

As someone already mentioned, Mueller and Hanzal aren't Canadian.

Hockey Canada uses this series as a prequel, if you will, to their selection camp held in December. It gives Hockey Canada one more look before naming who is invited to the camp.

Now that said, the Russian roster has a history of being highly uncompetative, but Hockey Canada still uses it as an initial try-out.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
Game is comming on in a little over an hour. Who should we focus on from the Russians? They seem to have alot of defensmen.

Little do I know they show a stupid Ottawa game and Toronto game in Sportsnet East and Sportsnet Ontario so people in the Maritimes do not get to see their league vs Russia live. Great move sportsnet!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

TheHoser

Jul 13, 2006
English Quebec
Mathiue Perreault gets the first goal, beautiful play by he and Angelo Esposito to fake the pass... Pretty stuff.

The Russian goalie has been fantastic, he had no chance on that goal that was scored and has made some awesome saves, he's incredibly flexible and his pads are really fast... Anyone know who owns his rights?

TheHoser

Jul 13, 2006
English Quebec
Anyone know where I can find a box-score? I found one on the CHL website but it's broken and not updating or giving the rosters, anyone know of one?

Slitty

Oct 23, 2005
Any know why Trukhno was removed from the roster? Did the RHF fear that Trukhno's presence would change this team's embarrassingly uncompetative nature?

canucksfan

Mar 16, 2002
British Columbia
Visit site
I watched the whole game and it was a dissapointment. I didn't find it exciting at all. I got tickets to when they come out to Chilliwack. I was really looking forward to the game but now not so much. I don't expect the Russians to send their best team because we don't but at least send a decent team.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
Any update on how the game went today? I see Marc-Andre Cliche scored 2 goals in a 4-3 win...can someone elaborate on how he looked? Thanks

The Viking Fury

Nov 28, 2005
I know Bouchard and Perrault were held off the scoreboard, and I think Lacroix scored. How did these three look though?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->