ADT: Canada vs Russia Challenge Rosters Annouced

Chootoi

Jan 7, 2005
i think you'll probably see the bashkirovs and other CHL russians play vs their respective leagues. they wouldn't play all the games but they would play the 2 games vs. whatever league they play in. radulov did this, and i believe khudobin did too... may be others also.

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Rostov-on-Don
Really talented albeit young Russian roster.
I don't think they're gonna do too well against the best '87s the CHL has to offer - could be a physical mismatch. Good opportnity for scouts to see this years Russian draft crop though.

Fatman

Aug 22, 2006
Sweden
Russian Roster (courtesy of Guillaume)

GKs:
Dimitri Voloshin (Metallurg Magnitogorsk)
Vadim Zhelobnyuk (Dynamo Moscow)
Sergei Gayduchenko (Lokomotiv Yaroslav)

Ds
Vladimir Repin (CSKA Moscow)
Albert Polinin (Lokomotiv Yaroslav)
Yakov Seleznev (Neftyanik Leninogrosk)
Denis Trakhanov (CSKA Moscow)
Maxim Goncharov (CSKA Moscow)
Nikolay Lukyanchikov (Dynamo Moscow)
Maxim Isaev (Dynamo Moscow)
Mikhail Churlyaev (Metallurg Magnitogorsk)
Andrei Kolesnikov (CSKA Moscow)
Andrei Konev (Traktor Chelyabinsk)

Fs:
Kim Dovlatyan (SKA St Petersburg)
Evgeny Dadonov (Traktor Chelyabinsk)
Vladimir Bakika (Dynamo Moscow)
Nikita Klyukin (Lokomotiv Yaroslav)
Ruben Begunts (CSKA Moscow)
Alexander Vasiliev (Dynamo Moscow)
Egor Averin (Avangard Omsk)
Ilya Fedin (Avangard Omsk)
Vitaly Karamnov (Dynamo Moscow)
Dimitri Tsyganov (CSKA Moscow)
Denis Fakhrutdinov (Neftekhimik)
Sergei Korostin (Dynamo Moscow)
Dimitri Schetinkin (CSKA Moscow)
Egor Dubrovsky (Salavat Yulaev Ufa)
Maxim Mayorov (Neftyanik Leninogorsk)

:snide: For your information this is a russian U-18 roster.They start playing on the 6 of November and have nothing to do with what starts on the 20th of November first vs QMJHL and later on vs OHL and WHL.The russians will bring their U-20 team for that occassion.So far no sigh of that list at all:dunno:

El_Scoobo

Aug 18, 2004
Your Imagination
i think you'll probably see the bashkirovs and other CHL russians play vs their respective leagues. they wouldn't play all the games but they would play the 2 games vs. whatever league they play in. radulov did this, and i believe khudobin did too... may be others also.

Yes, Khodobin played against the WHL last year.....I would think that you are on the right track. There's no reason for the russians not to play against their prospective leagues.

Redwingsfan

Global Moderator
Jul 15, 2006
I think Cherepanov's absence alone makes this team far from the optimal collection 1989 prospects. The inclusion of the coach's son Denis Fakhrutdinov who is younger than everyone else is another step from competitveness. Also, as you yourself suggested, Dovlatyan's inclusion is primarily due to his father's financial sponsorship of the team. Quite frankly I am also not firmiliar with a few names on this roster - leading me to even further question whether this the optimal team of 1989s that could be assembled. Finally, and most importantly, a team of 1989 born players is being sent when much more developped 1987 born players are elligible. Granted, its better to send prospective 1989s than 2nd rate 1987s who don't have serious RSL commitments - but the fact of the matter remains... Russia is not going to be overly competetive yet again. At least Zhelobnyuk should provide some solid goaltending and hopefully keep us in a couple games.

can you tell me more about cherepanov and zhelobnyuk. how good are they. what kind of players. will they get drafted and how high. is zhelobnyuk the best russian 89 born goalie??

Alessandro Seren Rosso

Jun 21, 2004
Europe
thehockeywriters.com
can you tell me more about cherepanov and zhelobnyuk. how good are they. what kind of players. will they get drafted and how high. is zhelobnyuk the best russian 89 born goalie??

Yes, zhelobnyuk is the best 89 goalie in russia and he already played in the RSL. He's a good butterfly goalie, agile and with good legs but i think he's not gonna be a NHL star.
About Cherepanov...mark my words. He's awesome :bow:

Redwingsfan

Global Moderator
Jul 15, 2006
Yes, zhelobnyuk is the best 89 goalie in russia and he already played in the RSL. He's a good butterfly goalie, agile and with good legs but i think he's not gonna be a NHL star.
About Cherepanov...mark my words. He's awesome :bow:

thanks for the info. i havent heard about these guys before, but they sound good. i assume they will both get drafted. how high do you think they can go.

Redwingsfan

Global Moderator
Jul 15, 2006
Good question. I don't know if Zhelobnyuk will get drafted right now, even if he could do the national team one day. Cherepanov could go into the high 2nd round imho, with the potential to be a steal :D

thanks a lot. i will definitely keep an eye on them.

Glen Erickson

Oct 16, 2005
Russian Roster CLARIFICATION

:snide: For your information this is a russian U-18 roster.They start playing on the 6 of November and have nothing to do with what starts on the 20th of November first vs QMJHL and later on vs OHL and WHL.The russians will bring their U-20 team for that occassion.So far no sigh of that list at all:dunno:

Atta boy, Fatman...:yo:

This roster is the Russian team that is competing at the World Junior 'A' Challenge, a tournament being hosted jointly between Humboldt and Yorkton in Saskatchewan. It runs November 6-13, with exhibition games November 1-5.

The two Canadian teams in the tournament consist of junior 'A' players. Canada West includes players from the BCHL, AJHL, SJHL and MJHL. Canada East includes players from the junior 'A' leagues east of Manitoba.

Not sure how many (if any) of these Russian players will play in the ADT Russia/Canada Challenge against the QMJHL, OHL and WHL. Still waiting for the CHL to provide the Russians roster.

Cheers...;)

JeromeHP

Jan 9, 2003
Montreal
hockeyprospect.com
I want the hershey cup back please mr branch! Nothing better than the best of the Q vs ohl vs whl and americains and euro can played in those game! Canada/russia challenge is boring i just dont see the point anyway

Slitty

Oct 23, 2005
Atta boy, Fatman...:yo:

This roster is the Russian team that is competing at the World Junior 'A' Challenge, a tournament being hosted jointly between Humboldt and Yorkton in Saskatchewan. It runs November 6-13, with exhibition games November 1-5.

The two Canadian teams in the tournament consist of junior 'A' players. Canada West includes players from the BCHL, AJHL, SJHL and MJHL. Canada East includes players from the junior 'A' leagues east of Manitoba.

Not sure how many (if any) of these Russian players will play in the ADT Russia/Canada Challenge against the QMJHL, OHL and WHL. Still waiting for the CHL to provide the Russians roster.

Cheers...;)

This is more or less the roster from Memorial of Ivan Hlinka U18 World Cup Tournament. They are, in fact, playing the Dauphin Kings tonight, Canada West tomorow, and the Notre Dame Hounds on the 4th. According to Guillaume this is the ADT Challenge team as well... which is certainly possible considering the Challenge starts on the 20th.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
Russian roster released:
Goaltenders

1 - Ilia Proskuryakov (Metallurg Mangt.)
20 - Nikita Bespalov (CSKA Moscow)

Defensemen

21 - Alexey Shvalev (Lokomotiv Yarosloavl)
6 - Denis Osipov (Soviet Wings, Moscow)
7 - Stanislav Romanov (Lokomotiv Yarosloavl)
5 - Andrey Lange (Metallurg, Novokuznetsk)
10 - Nikita Mikhno (Metallurg, Novokuznetsk)
23 - Andrey Kiryukhin (Lokomotiv Yarosloavl)
3 - Andrey Zubarev (Ak Bars Kazan)
4 - Igor Zubov (Lokomotiv Yarosloavl)
2 - Kirill Tulupov (Chicoutimi Saguenéens)
24 - Ivan Vishnesvkiy (Rouyn-Noranda Huskies)

Forwards

25 - Alexander Shibaev (Soviet Wings, Moscow)
17 - Vadim Shipachev (Severstal, Cherepovets)
11 - Denis Kazionov (HC MVD, Tver)
18 - Alexander Kalyanin (Lokomotiv Yarosloavl)
14 - Egor Milovzorov (Sibir, Novosibirsk)
19 - Sergey Zachupeyko (Salavat Yulaev, Ufa)
9 - Dmitry Zyuzin (Salavat Yulaev, Ufa)
16 - Victor Tikhonov (Severstal, Cherepovets)
8 - Viatcheslav Trukhno (Gatineau Olympiques)
22 - Roman Bashkirov (Quebec Remparts)
15 - Ruslan Bashkirov (Quebec Remparts)

PhoPhan

Feb 27, 2002
Since no one seems surprised by the WHL roster, can someone explain to me why neither Mueller nor Hanzal made the team? I'm not trying to be a homer; I'm just trying to figure out how two of the top scorers and best players in the league were left off the team, though I'm admittedly not that familiar with this event.

The Viking Fury

Nov 28, 2005
Since no one seems surprised by the WHL roster, can someone explain to me why neither Mueller nor Hanzal made the team? I'm not trying to be a homer; I'm just trying to figure out how two of the top scorers and best players in the league were left off the team, though I'm admittedly not that familiar with this event.
I think because only Canadians and Russians partake

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad