Adrian Kempe

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Iafallo Kopi Kempe will be the “old guys” venerable 3rd line when we have the next parade.

Kempe is a glue guy that drives play North.

He has never been a scoring powerhouse ... from Jr. to AHL to NHL - roll player and forever Lewis 2.0 with a bit more flair.

hard to believe Kempe is only 24. He still have not hit his ceiling.

Reactions: SaltyElkHunter

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary
Not sure about Kempe.
He really stepped it up but will it be enough?
He is really working hard but it's a little bit like Iafallo, it's not enough for a permanent top 6 role.
Beside that it looks like there is zero chemistry with Villardi. Whenever Villardi opens a spot on the ice,
Kempe is a couple of feet away to miss the pass. It's kinda painfull to watch.
I guess playing his life long with centers without any creativity or playmaking skills isn't helping.

He will be a terrific winger for our 3rd line for a long time.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Not sure about Kempe.
He really stepped it up but will it be enough?
He is really working hard but it's a little bit like Iafallo, it's not enough for a permanent top 6 role.
Beside that it looks like there is zero chemistry with Villardi. Whenever Villardi opens a spot on the ice,
Kempe is a couple of feet away to miss the pass. It's kinda painfull to watch.
I guess playing his life long with centers without any creativity or playmaking skills isn't helping.

He will be a terrific winger for our 3rd line for a long time.

his speed is amazing though. I think him and Vilardi will eventually click. Vilardi is improving every game and it will only take time.

Reactions: Lt Dan

DoktorJeep

Expediency x Sentimentality = Mediocrity
Aug 2, 2005
OC
Last season, Kempe solidified his role on the Kings as a middle six winger. He’s again improved this season with more consistent offensive production while getting increased ice time. He’s now a top six winger and hopefully his next step is #2/3 winger.

Rorschach

Who the f*** is Trevor Moore?
Oct 9, 2006
Los Angeles
When we're back in the playoffs, I see guys like Kempe will contribute a key, series-altering, goal in a tight game because he mismatches with the opposing teams' third line guys. I also see him as a guy who can help cover up a major injury in the top six for a while by being a suitable short/mid-term replacement. As long as he isn't making 4 mil a year, he should be very valuable.

2-4 Slashin

Tony Granato Fan!
Jul 25, 2005
South Pasadena
This is irreplaceable

If you go back that far. My first LA Kings favorite was Crazy Don Kozak. Who was also known for his flowing hair and fists.

61ExA7zR4hL._AC_SY445_.jpg

Statto

Sponsor
May 9, 2014
When we're back in the playoffs, I see guys like Kempe will contribute a key, series-altering, goal in a tight game because he mismatches with the opposing teams' third line guys. I also see him as a guy who can help cover up a major injury in the top six for a while by being a suitable short/mid-term replacement. As long as he isn't making 4 mil a year, he should be very valuable.
I agree he’s a guy that can make a difference at key moments and what you say about mismatching is spot on. I personally think he will continue to evolve and grow as a player because as the skill level improves on the roster it will pull him along with it. His compete is nearly where we want it (more consistent but still room for a little improvement) and that will ultimately lead to more consistency in his production.

What you say about his AAV opens up the comparison to Iafallo, in terms of monetary value. If you take the view that Kempe will improve further you’ve got to think his next contract will be in line with whatever Iafallo ends up getting because they are very different players, but I think have comparable value to the team. If Kempe could be as consistent as Iafallo he’s definitely the more valuable player, but that’s unlikely to happen even though I think it’ll improve. So I’ve got to think they end up on similar contracts (approx 4m), with adjustments for what happens with the Cap, revenues etc obviously also having an impact... Does Kempe have 1 or 2 more years after this one?

Reactions: Rorschach

apocalypse

Dean Lombardi's Yes Man
Mar 20, 2017
Los Angeles
Kempe's got a great shot from that right circle. He's really good on the pp, but even strength he's average. Got great hockey iq tho.

DoktorJeep

Expediency x Sentimentality = Mediocrity
Aug 2, 2005
OC
Not surprised to see so many fans under rate Kempe.

Anyone not wearing purple tinted glasses could see the guy was being completely mis utilized by the organization. While teachers pet Iafallo gets hand jobs from Kopi, Kempe has to prove he’s consistent to earn ice time.

Now he’s the teams #1 goal scorer after he gets the minutes and doesn’t have Brown blocking him. On the chiclets podcast, he was asked what changed this year leading to the breakout.

His answer was straight up more minutes and consistent linemates with talent. Of course the appeal to authority crew will completely ignore that while fawning over who Dewy says he wants to be partners with.

Reactions: Schmooley

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
The only thing that concerns me about Kempe is his decision making with the puck.

He has great skills. Excellent skating and a wicked shot.

But a lot of times he'll get himself into a position where he doesn't know what to do with the puck and he'll make a dumb pass or something.

I still say he's worth a 5x5M contract.

Reactions: funky

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->