Value of: Adrian Kempe to NYR

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
if the rangers are serious about getting a guy like kempe, they better be willing to give up that 9th pick

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Woah. I did not realize he has that much value. Didn’t he not reach 40 points? He must be hiding something crazy for someone who has 43 career points in 106 games to not merit a 6-10 pick in a stacked and deep draft.

EDIT: not trying to say he’s bad or that he’s got no value- but to say a top 10 pick would not get him is just wrong. Simmonds typically scores around as many goals as Kemp’s had in points (he has like 3-4 goals less), and Simmonds isn’t worth a top 10 pick. Kempe is like 5 years younger too.

I don't think his actual value is a top 10 pick, but he's currently worth more to the Kings than a top-10 pick. He's a young, cheap, fast, kind of angry, versatile roster player, something we need more of. I'd love a lottery ticket, but not at the cost of Kempe.

(I'd probably trade him for the top 10 pick, just trying to illustrate his value to the Kings).

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018
Solid, fast winger who would fit perfectly with this new Rangers group. Im assuming the price would be relatively high, but since the Kings are in compete mode. Maybe something around Names or Vesey + 28 and possibly something else?

Why would the Kings want to trade Kempe?

NYR713

Jun 26, 2012
Rangers and LA could definitely be trade partners. LA would like to move cap space out and NYR have 30M in space. NYR could take Phaneuf and Lewis (7.25M) and give Namestnikov or Spooner, established NHL RFA's that probably get in the $3.5-5M range on a contract. Say it's Namest at around $4.25 there is extra 3M to add to current cap space and LAK have $11M to spend on their UFA grab.

To help cover defensive depth at low cap cost NYR have a mix of young and old vets that can provide depth as 6th or 7th guys as a toss in like Gilmour, O'Gara, Sproul and Kampfer. Not placing too much value here, just a puzzle piece to complete a need for cheap depth. Gilmour could have a bit of a reward side to him.

With all of that said, what would LAK look at for a return if all of that were available?
Namestnikov + Gilmour (maybe even draft pick that isn't a 1st rd) + taking 7.25M cap dump (Phaneuf + Lewis) for multiple seasons

Dead Ringers

Feb 19, 2018
Like others have stated Kempe is more or less untouchable unless it's a deal the Kings get paid way overs, which they unlikely won't get.

Kempe is a huge piece for the Kings moving forward as he continues to develop. I suspect he'll be a King for a very long time to come.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Solid, fast winger who would fit perfectly with this new Rangers group. Im assuming the price would be relatively high, but since the Kings are in compete mode. Maybe something around Names or Vesey + 28 and possibly something else?

Hehe.. You acknowledged compete now and offered a first round pick and players he potentially looks to be better than.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad