Adrian Foster Healthy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
Once considered to be better then Heatley, Adrian Foster is finally playing healthy. This guy just hasn't had great luck throughout his career. He was battleing a foot injury early in the season but in the last 13 games in the AHL he has 13 points in this his rookie season. For people that have seen him play this year who does he remind you of when playing, what potential do you see from him in the future if he can stay healthy....thanks :)

Foster - 6`1 205, Center/Left Wing, 01/15/1982

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Foster has played in less than 100 games dating back to 1999. The Devils had the right idea on draft day, but this kid just won't be healthy enough to develop.

Patty Roy

Feb 27, 2002
Canada
Visit site
JasonMacIsaac said:
Once considered to be better then Heatley...

This isn't a very credible statement as there are hundreds of examples where players who turned out to be crap/busts/minor leaguers were "once considered" to be better than NHLers...

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
Its credible because it was true. Most scouts where higher on Foster then Heatley, Foster was considered to be a top 5 pick years before the draft.

Sammy*

JasonMacIsaac said:
Its credible because it was true. Most scouts where higher on Foster then Heatley, Foster was considered to be a top 5 pick years before the draft.
Thats BS. While Foster injuries reduced his draft position, Foster was not considered close to Heatly in terms of talent & was never widely thought of as a potential top 5 pick at any time.
You might as well use Kolanos for the same ridiculous argument, though he was always much more highly thought of than Foster ever was.
BTW, I know lots of guys that were better in minor hockey than guys who actually play(ed) in the NHL. Those guys are now playing in the beer leagues while the guys who were inferior to them as kids are drawing 7 figure salaries. It really means dick.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
Sammy said:
Thats BS. While Foster injuries reduced his draft position, Foster was not considered close to Heatly in terms of talent & was never widely thought of as a potential top 5 pick at any time.
You might as well use Kolanos for the same ridiculous argument, though he was always much more highly thought of than Foster ever was.
BTW, I know lots of guys that were better in minor hockey than guys who actually play(ed) in the NHL. Those guys are now playing in the beer leagues while the guys who were inferior to them as kids are drawing 7 figure salaries. It really means dick.
GO AWAY, This argument doesn't concern you.

Big Bill

Feb 27, 2002
Land of milk & honey
Visit site
JasonMacIsaac said:

Thats BS. Find me those stories. I have seen one guy (ONE) say that he thought Foster had more talent than Heatley, and that was their Bantam coach or Midget coach (? not sure which). I never heard a scout say that.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
Big Bill said:
Thats BS. Find me those stories. I have seen one guy (ONE) say that he thought Foster had more talent than Heatley, and that was their Bantam coach or Midget coach (? not sure which). I never heard a scout say that.
Sorry, I was wrong there it was their coach, even so that is high praise.

Missionhockey

Jul 6, 2003
New Jersey
Visit site
JasonMacIsaac said:
I heard simliar things like this at the time he was drafted. He isn't making it up.

Sammy*

JasonMacIsaac said:
GO AWAY, This argument doesn't concern you.
No, what concerns me is you are making false statements in a misguided attempt to pump up your boy. You are also trying to imply that something (even if true , which it isnt) has any bearing on what kind of a prospect a guy is. It doesnt,

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
Sammy said:
No, what concerns me is you are making false statements in a misguided attempt to pump up your boy. You are also trying to imply that something (even if true , which it isnt) has any bearing on what kind of a prospect a guy is. It doesnt,
No, you are only trying to wreck this thread because I don't think your boy Vanek is that good. I should have put you on ignore much earlier then this.

devildan

Sep 3, 2002
Visit site
JasonMacIsaac said:
Once considered to be better then Heatley, Adrian Foster is finally playing healthy. This guy just hasn't had great luck throughout his career. He was battleing a foot injury early in the season but in the last 13 games in the AHL he has 13 points in this his rookie season. For people that have seen him play this year who does he remind you of when playing, what potential do you see from him in the future if he can stay healthy....thanks :)

Foster - 6`1 205, Center/Left Wing, 01/15/1982

What a joke!

First off: you know damn well how he has been playing ... you only ask ratsgirl after every game he plays.

Second off: Even as a diehard Devil fan, I find it nearly impossible to imagine him as the "next weight". He has strung together 13 good games for the first time in 4 years, and you are suddenly ready to proclaim him the " next weight"? Where do you get off? I know it is just your opinion, but you should be a little more understanding of others opinions of him too.

Lastly: Yes, Foster was called better than Heatly at some point in his career, but things change. If every player was able to convert their pre-pro stats, Jay Pandolfo would be a 40 goal scorer. Players improve in different ways and in different speeds.

Sammy*

MissionHockey said:
I heard simliar things like this at the time he was drafted. He isn't making it up.
Of you did, probably from people in the Dev's org or media after he was drafted. I live in Alberta & Foster was never considered in Heatleys (or Kolanos for that matter) league.

Sammy*

JasonMacIsaac said:
No, you are only trying to wreck this thread because I don't think your boy Vanek is that good. I should have put you on ignore much earlier then this.
Nice comeback, full of substance. This has nothing to do with Vanek. It has to do with your obscene implicit comparison of Foster to Heatley which was a lie & the supposition that if even if he was better at one time it means something.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
So far there hasn't been other opinions on him, just morons running their mouth about the comparison to Heatley which their Midget coach made.

I honestly don't care about the comparison or somesaying he would be a top 5 pick had he not been injured. I want get other peoples views on him in the AHL this year. If you want to contribute to the trash Sammy has been spitting out then go ahead.

Could a mod delete some of these posts, they have no baring on the original question.

Sammy*

JasonMacIsaac said:
So far there hasn't been other opinions on him, just morons running their mouth about the comparison to Heatley which their Midget coach made.

I honestly don't care about the comparison or somesaying he would be a top 5 pick had he not been injured. I want get other peoples views on him in the AHL this year. If you want to contribute to the trash Sammy has been spitting out then go ahead.

Could a mod delete some of these posts, they have no baring on the original question.
You'l notice that Sammys point was hardly unique.

devildan

Sep 3, 2002
Visit site
JasonMacIsaac said:

You obviously do care (see quoted post)...

JasonMacIsaac said:

Whatever you get for this, you deserve. You brought it up and stuck by yours guns ... you cant get pissed when others offer an opposing view (and prove you wrong at the same time). Yes, at one time Foster may have been a top 5 pick/been better than Heatley, but that means jack now. Right now he is just a injury riddled, albiet talented boy who has put together his first good string of games at the pro level.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
devildan said:
You obviously do care (see quoted post)...

Whatever you get for this, you deserve. You brought it up and stuck by yours guns ... you cant get pissed when others offer an opposing view (and prove you wrong at the same time). Yes, at one time Foster may have been a top 5 pick/been better than Heatley, but that means jack now. Right now he is just a injury riddled, albiet talented boy who has put together his first good string of games at the pro level.
I don't care if I getting attacked for it, as long as the person attacking me gets banned for it. Something I thought Sammy would have been long ago.

Sammy*

JasonMacIsaac said:
I don't care if I getting attacked for it, as long as the person attacking me gets banned for it. Something I thought Sammy would have been long ago.
Banned for pointing out a weakness in a particualar point & for pointing out that something isnt true.
Thats a rather harsh rule.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
Devildan, where do I ask how well he is playing?

"For people that have seen him play this year who does he remind you of when playing, what potential do you see from him in the future if he can stay healthy....thanks"

In that question it asks who he looks like and what potential he has for the future. Turning words around like that to make the other poster look stupid can get you in trouble, I would know.

devildan

Sep 3, 2002
Visit site
JasonMacIsaac said:
Devildan, where do I ask how well he is playing?

"For people that have seen him play this year who does he remind you of when playing, what potential do you see from him in the future if he can stay healthy....thanks"

In that question it asks who he looks like and what potential he has for the future. Turning words around like that to make the other poster look stupid can get you in trouble, I would know.

Where do I say that you asked how well he was playing? I said that you knew damn well how he has been playing (and you do - dont try to deny that).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad