Recalled/Assigned: Adin Hill back to Tucson 2/4

Mosby

<3 Uncle Gary
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Why not recall Hill in the first place?

This tells me they wanted Hill to play the game in Tucson (Langhamer was unavailable as he was with the Coyotes). But Langhamer was perfectly capable of warming the bench. Now that the backup may actually need to play, they're turning to Hill.

No Raanta for Dallas. I hope like hell that Hill plays.

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
Why not recall Hill in the first place?

This tells me they wanted Hill to play the game in Tucson (Langhamer was unavailable as he was with the Coyotes). But Langhamer was perfectly capable of warming the bench. Now that the backup may actually need to play, they're turning to Hill.

No Raanta for Dallas. I hope like hell that Hill plays.

Langhamer is on a two-way. He got an extra few thousand dollars for his few days on the NHL roster.

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Langhamer is on a two-way. He got an extra few thousand dollars for his few days on the NHL roster.

Yep... He was also called up on emergency basis. Whatever is bothering Raanta can't be that serious I would think. But any lower body injury to a goalie magnifies things.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Hill started a bunch last year so I guess we can call him the starter in Tucson.

The reason I'm trying to verify this is to understand why Langahmmer was first called up and why he's now been sent down for Hill. If Hill is the bonafide starter it makes sense. We didn't want to rob Tucson of their starter just so we could have the better back up. Now we want someone besides Domingue to start, so we've called up their starter and sent their backup back down to them.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
The reason I'm trying to verify this is to understand why Langahmmer was first called up and why he's now been sent down for Hill. If Hill is the bonafide starter it makes sense. We didn't want to rob Tucson of their starter just so we could have the better back up. Now we want someone besides Domingue to start, so we've called up their starter and sent their backup back down to them.

That's precisely it. Langhamer is like the Mario Kempe of our goalie corps - a warm body who can be shuttled anywhere. But if Raanta is out for a bit, we need someone who might have a shot at winning a game since Louie has decided that the Coyotes still need a headcase even though Smitty's in Calgary now.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
There's got to be a first time for everybody. Today is a low pressure game for Hill, as nothing is riding on this game.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
Tocchet says Hill is likely to play the 2nd game vs. Dallas
As he should after last game. Hell even when Raanta is healthy, if hill is playing like this he should stay up and they can battle for the starting job.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->