Adelphia Basic Cable Customers (OLN update)

Michael Morbid

Jun 11, 2004
PBC
If you currently have Adelphia Basic and do not have OLN, do NOT upgrade to digital to get it if you don't want to. Adelphia will tell you Digital + the extra package is the only way you can get OLN but that is a lie.

I just recieved confirmation from Comcast that in late June/early July when Adelphia switches to Comcast you will get OLN included in your basic lineup.

So in conclusion, Adelphia (soon to be Comcast) will have OLN in June/July.

Butch 19

Go cart Mozart
May 12, 2006
Geographical Oddity
John Vanbiesbrouck said:
If you currently have Adelphia Basic and do not have OLN, do NOT upgrade to digital to get it if you don't want to. Adelphia will tell you Digital + the extra package is the only way you can get OLN but that is a lie.

I just recieved confirmation from Comcast that in late June/early July when Adelphia switches to Comcast you will get OLN included in your basic lineup.

So in conclusion, Adelphia (soon to be Comcast) will have OLN in June/July.

Any idea if this is true for Southern California too? (Orange Co.)

We have Adelphia and I have hated pretty much every minute of their service (and not just because they kept OLN as premium channel - an extra $60/month).

Michael Morbid

Jun 11, 2004
PBC
Butch 19 said:
Any idea if this is true for Southern California too? (Orange Co.)

We have Adelphia and I have hated pretty much every minute of their service (and not just because they kept OLN as premium channel - an extra $60/month).
Yea it's ******** that in order to get OLN you'd have to upgrade to digital and on top of that get another additional package. And yes as far as I know all of Adelphia will become Comcast and then you get OLN free.

Gator Mike

Feb 28, 2002
Woburn, MA
Visit site
John Vanbiesbrouck said:
Yea it's ******** that in order to get OLN you'd have to upgrade to digital and on top of that get another additional package. And yes as far as I know all of Adelphia will become Comcast and then you get OLN free.
Not true. In fact, most of Adelphia's holdings in California will be switched over to Time-Warner, including a couple of Comcast systems.

Also, I wouldn't expect OLN to switch over to Standard instantly when Comcast DOES take over parts of Adelphia.

Michael Morbid

Jun 11, 2004
PBC
Gator Mike said:
Not true. In fact, most of Adelphia's holdings in California will be switched over to Time-Warner, including a couple of Comcast systems.

Also, I wouldn't expect OLN to switch over to Standard instantly when Comcast DOES take over parts of Adelphia.
Guess you're right it looks like Time Warner & Comcast split Adelphia's rights.

And yes, at least for the Adelphia to Comcast switch, it'll be going to Comcast's lineup which includes OLN as a standard channel.

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami
Comcast owns OLN so if your Adelphia cable is switching over to Comcast then it will be added to basic cable. There not going to put their own channel that they are looking to increase availability on the digital tier. OLN is currently on basic on all comcast systems. I also believe OLN is on basic for Time Warner as well.

ColoradoHockeyFan

Feb 17, 2005
Denver area
John Vanbiesbrouck said:
Guess you're right it looks like Time Warner & Comcast split Adelphia's rights.

And yes, at least for the Adelphia to Comcast switch, it'll be going to Comcast's lineup which includes OLN as a standard channel.
Any idea where we could find out which parts of the country will fall under which new ownership? I'm specifically trying to find out if Adelphia customers in eastern Washington State will be Comcast customers (and thus get OLN on basic cable) when this happens.

No One

Dec 1, 2003
Staples Center
Visit site
jkrdevil said:
I also believe OLN is on basic for Time Warner as well.

Not here in Southern California (Orange County). It is channel 201, which is in the Digital Variety Tier 2, so not only do you have to upgrade to digital, you need the Variety Tier 2 as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad