Additions and Subtractions to the Elite Club in '16-17

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
Every year, new players are added to the Elite tier as others are dropped off to make room for these new members. What players in your opinion have entered stardom in 2016-17 and which former stars have left?

Good thread idea, I just don't want to put in the effort right now. I'll check back in later, though. :laugh:

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
i would say add hedman to the elite club, well at least for me personally

I always thought he was very good (please dont kill me lightning fans) but this is the season where he has taken the next step imo

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
i would say add hedman to the elite club, well at least for me personally

I always thought he was very good (please dont kill me lightning fans) but this is the season where he has taken the next step imo

I'd probably argue bare minimum he was elite last year too.

george14

Mar 9, 2014
Detroit, MI
I know he is polarizing on here and I am certain people will be all over this comment debating when he should have been demoted, but Toews. His production has dropped every year and I think it is safe to say he is no longer elite.

I would also say guys like Dubnyk and Panarin have solidified themselves as elite players, or at least in the upper tier. Guys like Atkinson and Scheifele need another year or two of elite play to be in that category.

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
After an elite season last year, Josi has substantially dropped off in all aspects this year. That being said, I think it's just an off-year and he'll likely return to form eventually whether it be when he returns from injury or next season.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
i dont think you can add or subtract anybody because of 1 great or 1 subpar season i think you need to do it again

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
My elite list is fluid and can be changed yearly

Add:
Matthews
Draisaitl

Subtract:
Perry
Toews

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
I'd like to think Kucherov has made the jump. Hedman should have solidified his position last season though.

Edit: And agree on Marchand(+) and Toews(-).

PhoenyX

Dec 13, 2009
Toronto
Perry has been awful this year, don't be fooled by his decent point total. He is slowly starting to turn it around though.

Kale Hulls

May 15, 2013
I'd give Atkinson more time before having him as an elite player. I'm a big fan though. Agreed on Jumbo. He's not playing up to par.

Atkinson reminds me of every other smaller player who is a late bloomer, like St. Louis or Pavelski. His game is more cerebral and he knows where to go to score. I think he will be elite for at least a few more years before he hits 30, very easily longer.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad