RDS: Add real crowd sound on 2ndary games

GuyGuyGuy

Aug 29, 2014
RE: When RDS/RDS2 and TVA2 broadcast the game in which announcers are sitting in studio.

Please grab the stadium audio in Dolby digital and surround your announcers with it in appropriate proportion.

we can see from the GameCenter Live goalie cams that the audio is being separated.

Yet, like a 19th century telecast, the thought to make the broadcast sound good doesn't seem to occur. It makes the broadcasts almost not watchable.

does anyone else notice this?

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
The sound of nature is so much more beautiful. Why don't you go out and take some fresh air.

Life is too short to bother with the minor annoyances of a network that doesn't even care if you exist.

"Dolby digital and surround"? :laugh:

This is what happens when we build our lives around a cinema room. Why meet real people, when you can watch them in HD. :shakehead

Les problèmes des riches et parvenus, c'est un vrai spanre. :sarcasm:

Last edited:

Tabarouette

ben kin
Jan 28, 2013
mtl
RDS and TVA don't really understand how sound works, the problem isn't just on RDS2 and TVA2, the sound is also terrible on RDS 1 and TVA Sports. CBC and Sportsnet got it right

Power Man

Grrrr
Sep 30, 2008
221B Baker Street
NBA on NBC, pregame, with the announcers sitting courtside and the players warming up behind them ... the way they captured the atmosphere

OMG, nobody does itlike they did

Uber Coca

Apr 23, 2003
Montreal
That's why I chose CBC over RDS most of the times (that and the turds running the show on RDS). CBC captured the atmosphere like no other network does.

GuyGuyGuy

Aug 29, 2014
The sound of nature is so much more beautiful. Why don't you go out and take some fresh air.

Life is too short to bother with the minor annoyances of a network that doesn't even care if you exist.

"Dolby digital and surround"? :laugh:

This is what happens when we build our lives around a cinema room. Why meet real people, when you can watch them in HD. :shakehead

Just had some fresh air, thanks.

Isn't life too short to spend the time bitterly trashing another poster you know nothing about and about an issue you don't care anything about?

Yes, life it too short to be so mean.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Just had some fresh air, thanks.

Isn't life too short to spend the time bitterly trashing another poster you know nothing about and about an issue you don't care anything about?

Yes, life it too short to be so mean.

I wasn't "bitterly trashing" another poster, just objecting to his stated sense of priorities (from the point of view of starting a thread on the subject). You're probably a likeable individual. It's just that these kind of requests evoke first world problems, guess it was just my way to say that.

I apologize if I offended you in any manner. And you are correct, life is too short for vacuous pursuits, and just as short if one is gratuitously bashed, which in the latter case was not intended.

Enjoy your sound system. ;)

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
I wasn't "bitterly trashing" another poster, just objecting to his stated sense of priorities (from the point of view of starting a thread on the subject). You're probably a likeable individual. It's just that these kind of requests evoke first world problems, guess it was just my way to say that.

I apologize if I offended you in any manner. And you are correct, life is too short for vacuous pursuits, and just as short if one is gratuitously bashed, which in the latter case was not intended.

Well, this is a hockey forum and this is a thread discussing a hockey related topic. I don't understand why it should be brushed off like that.

I also noticed it and think it's bushleague this day and age.

GuyGuyGuy

Aug 29, 2014

Thanks for your apology, which I accept. :yo:

You've assumed some priority level in life is attached to this post, this point. I haven't thought about where it ranks, but in the scheme of things, you're right.

Nonetheless, it is a valid critique of hockey seen on tv and one that, unlike many other posts on the net, something can be done about...and without too much difficulty.

It's only with viewer comments that broadcasters can know what they want, and especially when amateurish bush league production is being noticed by them. ;)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad