Add Hull to the lineup?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 27, 2002
Dat mitten
BruinsGirl said:
OT: Oh...Vyacheslav...Why did you pick this avatar? Ukrainian Hockey? With their 5 rinks? Ukraine doesn't care about hockey (I think).

Well, I'm interested in Ukraine and I got it off their website. So even if Ukrainians don't care about hockey, I do care about Ukrainian hockey. I'm sure hockey will improve there eventually, Russia overshadows all of the former Soviet republics hockey programs right now.

BruinsGirl

Aug 27, 2002
Bruinsville, MA
Visit site
Vyacheslav said:
Well, I'm interested in Ukraine and I got it off their website. So even if Ukrainians don't care about hockey, I do care about Ukrainian hockey. I'm sure hockey will improve there eventually, Russia overshadows all of the former Soviet republics hockey programs right now.

This is OT but...:

I don't think Ukraine has resources to develop their program, unfortunately. I am from Ukraine. Belorussia is 4.5 times smaller than Ukraine but they have 10 rinks vs 5 in Ukraine. Their president (Belorussian) while being evil, loves and plays hockey!

There is great youth hockey school in Kharkov(my homecity). You probably heard about team Druzhba-78 that went to Canada for competition and decided not to return...But hockey programs are more serious than any programs I know here. From very early age (6-7) kids have 2 practises a day , before and after school...but as they grow up they get drafted by Russian teams. I don't even know other professional teams in Ukraine except Sokol(Kiev) and new team Vityaz' in Kharkiv, but I don't follow it anyway.

Mxpunk

Jul 3, 2004
RPV, CA
Hull shouldnt play the rest of the tournament. What he did was incredibly selfish and unprofessional. After all, he played horrible in the first 2 games of the tournament. He whiffed on slap shots, refused to hustle, and even tried to cherrypick! The problem is that he's too slow to cherrypick. Even though Amonte isnt doing much, he still adds hustle and will go into the boards.

Dec 27, 2002
Dat mitten
BruinsGirl said:
This is OT but...:

I don't think Ukraine has resources to develop their program, unfortunately. I am from Ukraine. Belorussia is 4.5 times smaller than Ukraine but they have 10 rinks vs 5 in Ukraine. Their president (Belorussian) while being evil, loves and plays hockey!

I'm not disputing any of that, of course, but maybe somday this will change. I didn't realize that Lukashenka was into hockey, though.

There is great youth hockey school in Kharkov(my homecity). You probably heard about team Druzhba-78 that went to Canada for competition and decided not to return...But hockey programs are more serious than any programs I know here. From very early age (6-7) kids have 2 practises a day , before and after school...but as they grow up they get drafted by Russian teams. I don't even know other professional teams in Ukraine except Sokol(Kiev) and new team Vityaz' in Kharkiv, but I don't follow it anyway.

Thanks for the info, very interesting.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
He had his chance. And he didn't bring anything useful to his team. So the coaches are doing the obvious. Using other players who are more useful for the team. I am sure that stings the pride of Hull but that's life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->