Add Hull to the lineup?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reilly311

Ok, I know the US is undefeated without him in the lineup. (at least I think they are). Now, Tony Amonte is worthless. Hull at least adds a scoring threat. Do you risk it in a single elimination game? Oooo, the risks involved.

roast

Mar 3, 2004
Pittsburgh
Leave the teams as it is. While Amonte hasn't done ****, Hull's recent outbursts have done him no good. If he wants to be an ass during his final tourny, let him.

Drake1588

UNATCO
Sponsor
Jul 2, 2002
Northern Virginia
I might even take Amonte out and insert one of the guys on the bench in his stead, as his line has been stilborn. On no account would Hull play, had I any say.

Fire

Feb 27, 2002
Calgary, AB
www.geocities.com
Hull should retire from the game of hockey now before he embarasses himself anymore than he already has. He is pretty much useless as a hockey player right now. The Coyotes are in for a big disappointment.

Classic Devil

Spirit of 1988
Dec 23, 2003
Columbus, Ohio
Amonte has played a strong defensive game, even if he and Weight haven't clicked offensively. That line, Amonte - Weight - Smolinski, has been a good checking line to go along with Konowalchuk - Halpern - Langenbrunner. I wouldn't change anything. They've won two straight, why mess with what's obviously working?

David Puddy

Nov 15, 2003
New Jersey, USA
Visit site
Brett Hull doesn't deserve to play on two counts. Firstly, he isn't half of what he used to be at his advanced age for an athlete. Secondly, his attitude is awful. Maybe he can claim Slovakian heritage and play for them tonight against Canada.

- Brett Hull

littleHossa

Apr 7, 2003
Ottawa
Visit site
Brett Hull wasn't ready for the World Cup to begin with, he was about 15 lbs heavier than at the end of the season. He just found an exit clause and is sticking to it.

Teezax

Nov 25, 2002
Montreal
BruinsGirl said:
Anybody knows why Mr.Rolston isn't playing???

Is he still suffering "no-heart" problems :banghead: or is it some different injury?

he's been a scratch I believe, but he would be an asset on the PK and PP.

Big Phil

Nov 2, 2003
Its good to see Hull get stabbed in the back for once (dont worry I'm not saying anything about citizenship) it does look good on him though. At 40 he's finished.

I say put Hull in the line up, when/if we play them in the championship game it'll be nice to see him on the sidelines crying - again! Either way if USA does get past Finland they'll be handed their bone when they play Canada. USA is just too old, so is Hull.

littleHossa

Apr 7, 2003
Ottawa
Visit site
Well you didn't make this about citizenship, but you managed to make this about how bad team USA is and how team Canada will crush team USA.
Don't give up hope, you're improving!

Reilly311

Big Phil said:
Either way if USA does get past Finland they'll be handed their bone when they play Canada. USA is just too old, so is Hull.

hahaha

Big Phil

Nov 2, 2003
littleHossa said:
Well you didn't make this about citizenship, but you managed to make this about how bad team USA is and how team Canada will crush team USA.
Don't give up hope, you're improving!

Actually to be honest I dont even know if we will crush Team USA or not. You see they have to score on the "Kipper" first and I'm not sure they can. Then if they do beat Finland then we will demolish them in the Gold medal game. Do you honestly think that Keith "trash a hotel room in Nagano" Tkachuk would score 4 goals on Brodeur. Its the same as it was in '02. The Hull, Modano, Leclair line was so dominant until they played Canada. We may have lost our star defensemen, but Foote, Regehr, Hannan etc. are as steady as they come. They will shut down any top line.

c-carp

Mar 3, 2002
Illinois
Visit site
Reilly311 said:
Ok, I know the US is undefeated without him in the lineup. (at least I think they are). Now, Tony Amonte is worthless. Hull at least adds a scoring threat. Do you risk it in a single elimination game? Oooo, the risks involved.
I am a huge Brett Hull fan but I say Absolutely not. Brett isnt in shape right now and this team is finally playing well. Dont screw with the lineup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->