"Add Contract Year" in 32-Team Expansion Franchise Mode

staubitz

Apr 30, 2015
Quick question - I was hoping someone could help clarify why you would enable this option when creating a new 32-team franchise mode with an expansion team? Any help is appreciated - thank you!

Serac

#HFOutcasts
Jun 27, 2014
B.C.
Quick question - I was hoping someone could help clarify why you would enable this option when creating a new 32-team franchise mode with an expansion team? Any help is appreciated - thank you!

It basically gives you a free year in case you take any pending UFAs (or to a lesser degree, RFAs)

Reactions: staubitz

East Coast Icestyle

Mar 6, 2015
Nova Scotia, Canada
It basically gives you a free year in case you take any pending UFAs (or to a lesser degree, RFAs)

It's not really a free year, the season starts basically at the end of the prior season rather than the start of the current one. So the add contract year keeps the contracts the real length whereas without it, they go to FA thispast offseason

Reactions: tsujimoto74

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012

It makes contracts the correct length. That mode starts you before the '19 draft, which puts you back a contract year in the game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad