Status
Not open for further replies.

Vatican Roulette

Baile de Los Locos
Feb 28, 2002
Gorillaz-EPWRID
Visit site
Wings

Forward:Eric Fehr-wings need a PF more than anything, and Fehr is one of the best prospects around that fit that bill.

Defenseman: Ryan Suter-Wings need depth more than anything at this posititon, but a future #1/2 defenseman in Suter would still be nice.

Goaltending: Kari Lehtonen-Wings have good depth at this position, but Lehtonen is the best goaltending prospect since Luongo.

Cush

Dec 1, 2002
Northern Virginia
Caps:

G: Lehtonen

D: Barker

F: Malkin (Ovechkin / Malkin / Fehr, talk about a 'possible' big/power line)

Last edited:

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
If I can include Pitkanen and Ruutu then it would be

Lehtonen-Pitkanen-Ruutu

To go along with Saku !

Rowsdower

Jan 13, 2003
Arizona Bay
Visit site
Obviously Ovechkin/Zherdev, Suter/Phaneuf, and Lethonen/Fleury would be ideal choices that could fill roles for pretty much any team...to make me think a little more, I'll refrain from using them and chose some guys that while not at the level of those mentioned, are still very good, and fill needs for the team.

For the Pens...

F - Eric Fehr. He fills the lack of a goal scoring winger (the Penguins biggest prospect hole IMO), more specifically a right winger....he's also on a tear w/ Ryan Stone....if Stone finds himself in a top 6 spot in the NHL, the 2 could carry that over (Malkin's the obvious #1, but Stone could sneak into the 2nd line center position). With or without Stone, this guy looks like he's going to be a great sniper

D - Mark Stuart. Big physical stay at home guy, a leader, a hard worker...could form a great shut down tandem with Brooks Orpik. With Whintey, Welch, Goligoski and Lupy...and likely Tarnstrom and Jackman for several more years, the Penguins could use another guy that can clear the crease and help out some of the more offensive minded guys.

G - Hmm....we are already pretty deep in goal. Perhaps a goalie like Cam Ward, or David Leneveu. He would be playing behind Fleury, but would be an excellent backup, capable of stepping up to starter, in case Fleury falters, or gets injured...

andora

Apr 23, 2002
Victoria
Man.Utd said:
Rick Nash, Roberto Luongo, Ilya Kovalchuk. Best team in hockey.

Nash- Spezza- Alfredsson
Kovalchuk- Smolinski- Hossa
Vermette- Fisher- Havlat
Varada- White- Neil

Chara- Phillips
Redden- Volchenkov
de Vries- Pothier

Luongo

going a 'tad' too far, those three don't count :D

Seabass

Onward and Upward
Sep 25, 2002
Chicago
Visit site
Another for the Pens:

G - As previously stated, Pittsburgh doesn't really need another goalie. I guess Schneider would be okay to leave at BC.

D - Aaron Johnson. I think he's going to excel in a second pair, two-way role, which given the guys the Pens have on the blueline, he would have.

F - Anthony Stewart. Again, the Pens really don't have any top-notch RWs, especially with size. They also lack guys who plant themselves in front of the net.

Reign Nateo

Apr 28, 2003
Canada
Visit site
I too will stay away from the bigger names;

G- David LeNeveu: Every time I have seen him I have liked him more. A real good goalie.

D- Ryan Suter: Not much to say here, great pedegree.

F- Kyle Chipchura: This guy will be very good, and is as blue chip as they come.

ChemiseBleuHonnete

Oct 28, 2002
F - Sidney Crosby :

Well, he's already a habs fan, we already like the guy, he's already a star in the province, he's gonna enlarge our already big fan base, he's allowing us to get more fans in a new hockey hot-bed, the maritimes... Etc etc etc. The habs lacked of a true marquee player since Lafleur left (Roy was one, but it kinda turned sour and he was a goalie, not the kind of player that packs the people in the stands).

D - Dion Phaneuf :

Another Canadian kid with lots of heart. IMO, he will turn into a heart & soul player. He's skilled, good defensively and very physical. What more to expect from a blueliner?

G - Marc-Andre Fleury :

He's a local talent, so that helps a lot. French canadians goalies with the habs are always a must. He's also a very solid goalie and he's so fun to watch. He will be a top 3 goalie in the league one day imo.

Clutch Mediocrity

May 8, 2004
Ottawa, Ontario
www.4thegame.com
andora said:
going a 'tad' too far, those three don't count :D

"add one forward, one defenseman, and one goaltender to your favorite team's prospect or young guns pool, but it should be prospects or young players that bring a new/lacking/certain element to your team b/c they fit the team's mold, or fill a void etc.."

Young guns, fill a need, I thought they would have been eligable. In that case, I pick:

Phaneuf, Ovechkin, Lehtonen

Patty Ice

Straight to the Banc
Feb 27, 2002
Not California
San Jose Sharks

Goaltender - Cam Ward I think this guy will prove himself to be a big time winner if surrounded by a decent team.

Defenseman - Ryan Suter One of the contenders for the Shark's 6th overall pick in 2003, great two-way defenseman that would fit in with the team's defensive unit.

Forward - Evgeni Malkin Sharks need a superstar. Evgeni has the size and skill to fit that bill.

Papadice

Apr 29, 2003
Moncton, NB, Canada
www.myfhl.net
I'll do my beloved Leafs...

The obvious:

Forward - Jeff Carter
Defense - Dion Phaneuf
Goaltender - Kari Lehtonen

The less obvious:

Forward - Evan McGrath
Defense - Fedor Tjutin
Goaltender - Henrik Lundqvist

For my "obvious" ones honourable mention goes to: Schremp, O'Sullivan, Horton, and Ovechkin up front... Coburn, Valabik and Grebeshkov on the point and Miller and Fleury in net...

For my "less obvious" honourable mention goes to: Pineault, Korpikoski, Bernier and Fehr up front... Whitney and Fistric on the point... and Toivonen in net...

Habsfan 32

Aug 18, 2004
Way up north...
Montreal Canadiens

Goalie: Kari Lethonen: Perferct style,nice size,good reflexes and great mobility

Defence : Dion Phaneuf : Perfect defensman will win a couple of Norris in the next 10 years and good leader.

Forward: Evgeny Malkin : Number 1 center for 15 years and will produce lots of points in the NHL.

Lionel Hutz

Apr 13, 2004
Locking the Lounge??
Rowsdower said:
Obviously Ovechkin/Zherdev, Suter/Phaneuf, and Lethonen/Fleury would be ideal choices that could fill roles for pretty much any team...to make me think a little more, I'll refrain from using them and chose some guys that while not at the level of those mentioned, are still very good, and fill needs for the team.

For the Pens...

F - Eric Fehr. He fills the lack of a goal scoring winger (the Penguins biggest prospect hole IMO), more specifically a right winger....he's also on a tear w/ Ryan Stone....if Stone finds himself in a top 6 spot in the NHL, the 2 could carry that over (Malkin's the obvious #1, but Stone could sneak into the 2nd line center position). With or without Stone, this guy looks like he's going to be a great sniper

D - Mark Stuart. Big physical stay at home guy, a leader, a hard worker...could form a great shut down tandem with Brooks Orpik. With Whintey, Welch, Goligoski and Lupy...and likely Tarnstrom and Jackman for several more years, the Penguins could use another guy that can clear the crease and help out some of the more offensive minded guys.

G - Hmm....we are already pretty deep in goal. Perhaps a goalie like Cam Ward, or David Leneveu. He would be playing behind Fleury, but would be an excellent backup, capable of stepping up to starter, in case Fleury falters, or gets injured...

If I could add anyone to the Pens youth, just one, it would be one of the top defense prospects. Phaneuf, Suter, Barker? any one. Great looking top 4 in Pittsburgh on the way, but could still use a real star top-flight defenceman. I'm confident there's going to be a solid core in Pittsburgh once these guys mature, but a real Norris candidate thrown in there would take it the extra step.

I like the future of Malkin and the depth of prospects behind him, but it never hurts to add scoring. I was screaming for CP to move up and snag Schremp on draft day, so I'll go with him. Also kind of intrigued by Wolski, though he seems a bit Houdini. Hard to argue with Fehr as you said, given his chemistry with Stone.

I'm totally happy with the depth of goaltending prospects behind Fleury. So my goalie choice would be someone a few years from pro hockey. Schwartz was mentioned for the Pens, sounds good to me.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Also excluding the obvious Lehtonen/Phaneuf/Ovechkin choices.

Goalie : Marc-Andre Fleury - G - Pittsburgh Penguins ..enough said ..

Dman : Ryan Suter - D - Nashville Predators .. Physical force needed ..

Forward : Ryan Getzlaf - C - Anaheim Mighty Ducks .. Big Power centre to stop a repeat of any Keith Primeau fiasco like last season..

Chris

Oct 24, 2004
Nathan Horton.
Eventually he'll play with Iginla and form a supremely skilled, tough unit. Darryl Sutter will probably love him too.

Denis Grebeshkov. Or else Jack Johnson.
Phaneuf'll need someone to play with. Regardless of who's picked, they'd be an awesome PP tandem.

Kari Lehtonen.
Is there any explanation required?

Vic Rattlehead*

Forward: Anthony Stewart - Would add a lot to our forward depth (NO first line potential forwards in our prospect pool) and could play very well along with Joe Thornton. :bow:

Defence: Ryan Suter - Would be great in a spoked "B". Nuff said.

Goalie: Henrik Lundqvist - Very good prospect, doing well in Sweden.

borro

Oct 8, 2002
Texas
Visit site
Caps

Defense: Anton Babchuck or Dion Phaneuf
Goalie: Kari Lehtonen
Center: Surprise! Ryan Stone

Defense a big guy with agressive bent is needed. Goalie-Most talented. I picked Stone because of his obvious meshing with Fehr. Hockey is not all about pure talent.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Minnesota Wild are proud to select:

Goaltender: Andrew 'Andy' Choido of the Pittsburgh Penguins. Minnesota has Josh Harding coming up and Roloson and Fernandez should give them a good tandem for a few more years. The Wild need a goaltender to push and challenge Harding but also be a solid backup.

Defense: Matt Smaby of the Tampa Bay Lightning. Minnesota is good on defense with Schultz still young, Burns and Thelen developing into a nice tandem and Zyuzin, Kuba, Mitchell, Henry, all still very young. Smaby is a hometown kid, born in Minneapolis. He hits, he has speed but is a stay-at-home defenseman. If anything the Wild could use another offensive defenseman but they pick Smaby for a hometown kid.

Offense : Daniel 'Danny' Fritsche of the Columbus Blue Jackets. Minnesota might look good on paper down the middle and on the wings but Fritsche adds another scorer to an already awesome offensively lineup that includes Gaborik, O'Sullivan, Wallin, Koivu, Bouchard, Voloshenko, Dupuis, Foy, and Courchaine.

hockeyfan125

Jul 10, 2004
For the Canucks

G - Lehtonen

D - Brooks Orpik, all our prospects are small offensive guys.

F - Steve Bernier. Sort of a random pick, but a rugged winger is just what this team needs, with the Sedins.

Legionnaire

Help On The Way
Jul 10, 2002
LA-LA Land
Leafaholix said:
Going with the lesser profile guys...

G: Ray Emery
D: Shea Weber
F: Patrick O'Sullivan

Maybe Andora should have put in your stipulations.

The only one I would have to change would be Barker. So...

G Toivonen
D Weber
F Fehr.

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
For Nashville

F- C Evgeni Malkin

agree with Mazmin on this one. Preds need a big, tough scoring center..either to play right behind or right in front of Legwand. Malkin would be a perfect fit, and could have some great chemistry with fellow russians Alex Radulov and Timofei Shishkanov.

D- We've got, I feel, the best defensive prospect in Ryan Suter...but I'd love to have a guy who is pretty much his equal(in a complimentary way) in Dion Phaneuf.

Phaneuf-Suter
Hamhuis-Weber

wow.

G- With Finley starting to look better and better, I'd still like to have a slam-dunker...I'm going to go with Al Montoya

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad