Adam Wilcox

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
Pumping him up for possible trade on a recycled pick scenario? It is early in the season for Syracuse but Guds/Vasy still look a couple years out from the NHL. On that first highlight video - he looked so quick. What would be reasonable pick return for him...we got him in the 6th round. Is he now worth a 2nd or 3rd?

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
I'd make room for this kid, I think he has the goods. Move Gudlevskis and let him get some time in the A next season.
If Wilcox is going to stay with the lightning he might as well play his senior year, and by then one of our AHL goalies should/could be moved up to the NHL, allowing us to keep all 3.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
I think we just found out why Wilcox's senior year stats slipped.

Bolts’ Wilcox making transition after illustrious collegiate career

Let’s just say Wilcox did not have the best living arrangements his final year at school.

“I caught a couple rats in my bedroom,’’ Wilcox said. “We had a mouse infestation, and the guys who lived there the year before us told us to get ready and sent us a couple of pictures, one of a huge dead rat and in the basement a couple of dead stray cats that got in. So it was quite the house. ...

“And my bedroom was sort of like a porch and the walls were really thin and next door was a concert venue, so when they held concerts until 2 a.m., it was just base pumping through my room, so some nights I had to go sleep on the couch. So it was really bad. ... But it’s college living. It’s kind of what you expect.’’

Jeez.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
At the moment, I think he's probably viewed a little more highly than Guds. It's almost impossible for either of them to have a real NHL future with us, but I think Guds moves before Wilcox, if the decision were made today. He's been a quietly intriguing prospect for a couple of years now.

It's going to be fun to watch the competition in Syracuse this year. Last year we knew Vasy had the inside track. This year, the crease will go to whoever earns it.

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
When Vasi takes over Bish...there is certainly a spot open for a backup goalie at the NHL level. Wilcox & Guds will be looking to fill that spot two years down the road.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad