Adam Pineault....Steal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jovavic

Gaslight Object Project
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased
jin said:
Do you really think he'll be one of the top 3 forwards (being pretty generous) from his draft class? Because for him to get to 70-90 he'll probably have to be.

He means 70-90 in the Q, not the NHL. Notice he said "this season" :)

Oilers Chick

Jun 7, 2002
Philly in April 2014
Visit site
For those of you that are going to argue the Van Ryn Loophole, you can read about it HERE.

Pineault is a steal. Didn't get the ice time for the reasons already stated, not to mention the depth of BC last season.

Has a bullet of shot. Good physical player with size and strength. He didn't stick around to play in the NCAA (from what I understand, he didn't want to play in the NCAA to begin with) but glad to see him doing well in the "Q".

Campino

Jul 26, 2002
Visit site
He's just on pace to score between 70-90 points this season. You never know, he could go on fire at any moment and have over a 100 point season. He has the potential to reach those kind of stats.

pei fan

Jan 3, 2004
jin said:
Sorry, didn't notice that.

That really isn't that much of an accomplisment is it?
The maritime division is low scoring and more defensive than other divisions.
He is the leading scorer on the team with the highest winning percentage in the
League.Does it really matter how many points he scores?

KallioWeHardlyKnewYe

Hey! We won!
May 30, 2003
As fan of a Jacket's team that is in desparate need of scoring center prospects, I'm ecstatic with the way Pineault's been playing. I hope he can keep it up and translate it to the big club sometime soon.
It's nice to see a Jacket's prospect getting some buzz. After Nash and Zherdev, the Jacket's young guys haven't been talked about too much.
I know its the Q, but the Jackets have Pineault, Picard, Pohl and Dupuis all playing well so far.
Now if the team can get some better d prospects...

X-SHARKIE

KallioWeHardlyKnewYe said:
As fan of a Jacket's team that is in desparate need of scoring center prospects, I'm ecstatic with the way Pineault's been playing. I hope he can keep it up and translate it to the big club sometime soon.
It's nice to see a Jacket's prospect getting some buzz. After Nash and Zherdev, the Jacket's young guys haven't been talked about too much.
I know its the Q, but the Jackets have Pineault, Picard, Pohl and Dupuis all playing well so far.
Now if the team can get some better d prospects...

IMO producing in the Q is just as hard as producing in the OHL... No question.

Papadice

Apr 29, 2003
Moncton, NB, Canada
www.myfhl.net
X-SHARKIE said:
IMO producing in the Q is just as hard as producing in the OHL... No question.
I'd have to dispute that myself. Not saying that it's easy to score in the Q, but the overall defensive play, physical play and talent of defenseman is generally better in the OHL. I know the Q has better goaltending usually, but the Q is usually a much higher scoring league.

2003-2004 Regular Season Scoring

OHL Teams averaged 3.12 goals a game per team
QMJHL Teams averaged 3.36 goals a game per team

Obviously the Q is a higher scoring league...

pei fan

Jan 3, 2004
tgallant said:
I'd have to dispute that myself. Not saying that it's easy to score in the Q, but the overall defensive play, physical play and talent of defenseman is generally better in the OHL. I know the Q has better goaltending usually, but the Q is usually a much higher scoring league.

2003-2004 Regular Season Scoring

OHL Teams averaged 3.12 goals a game per team
QMJHL Teams averaged 3.36 goals a game per team

Obviously the Q is a higher scoring league...
But the maritime division is much lower than the league average and quite a bit
lower than the ohl avg. The top four goalies in the Q (gaa)are in the maritime
divisionBoutin1.56 ,Blanchard1.88,Crawford 2.02,Churchill2.34.Even Houle playing with one of the bottom teams has a 2.41.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad