Player Discussion: Adam Pelech

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
And we are also forgetting Aho who was ready to play like 2 years ago.
I don't think Aho is ever going to be a player of any substance for us. He should be used as trade bait.
Not to mention Wotherspoon and Vande Sompel who are also ready now.
Vande Sompel has missed the equivalent of a season and a half out of the last 2 seasons with various injuries. He was tracking toward the NHL but now with his development stymied, who knows? Wotherspoon is a defensive liability in the AHL and I don't see him making it in the NHL. Grant Hutton is a defense prospect in Bridgeport who should be NHL ready in short order. Andy Greene is the comparable for Hutton.

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
I forget where it was, I think an interview with Staple, where he talked to Snow and he basically said “just wait and see” with Pelech

Thank God he protected him lol

Thank god he protected him....Or traded a 1st rounder + for Vegas to take Grabovski's crap contract so everyone else (Nelson, Cizikas, Strome (Eberle), de Haan, and Mayfield) wouldn't be picked?

Tres Peleches

Johnny Turncoat
Jul 13, 2011
Thank god he protected him....Or traded a 1st rounder + for Vegas to take Grabovski's crap contract so everyone else (Nelson, Cizikas, Strome (Eberle), de Haan, and Mayfield) wouldn't be picked?
Oh please, Perif. You understand you can both praise good things and deride bad things, right? As in praise keeping Pelech over more obvious choices (which he was clearly right about). The trade itself wasn’t good, but I didn’t claim that here.

McPhee was in the Isles system, for all we know he could have been dead set on Pelech, and wouldn’t have taken that deal if he was available

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
Oh please, Perif. You understand you can both praise good things and deride bad things, right? As in praise keeping Pelech over more obvious choices (which he was clearly right about). The trade itself wasn’t good, but I didn’t claim that here.

McPhee was in the Isles system, for all we know he could have been dead set on Pelech, and wouldn’t have taken that deal if he was available

Oh well I agree with this. No doubt McPhee knew exactly what the Isles plans were. Still thought they would've taken Nelson, but who knows at this point.

Reactions: Tres Peleches

Poulin 0n My St1ck

Oct 18, 2010
Ideally, at some point you can have Pelech-Pulock, Toews-Dobson, Aho/Bolduc-Mayfield, three L/R pairings.

Next year, if you can move Leddy, you can have Pelech-Pulock, Toews-Mayfield, Greene-Dobson and Boychuk.

JQw5TgG.png

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
Snow's biggest failure was to find a real coach. His player decisions were mostly even bad and good.

1. snow's biggest failure was to totally blow multiple top-5 picks. Luckily found a worse GM to take advantage of and wound up with Barzal/Beauvillier now, but if capuano was coaching the team would have ben much better with a combination of guys like Ehlers, Reilly, Scheifele, Forsberg, Hamilton, Couterier, Zibinejad, as opposed to Strome, Niederreiter/Clutterbuck, Dal Colle, etc.
  2. It wasn't that snow couldn't find a good coach....It's that he refused to hire anyone who was better at their job than he was at GM. Basically he didn't want to look as bad as he was and didn't want anyone questioning him. Thus 3 patsies hired during his GM tenure.

Riseonfire

Josh Bailey! GAME ONE, TO THE ISLAND!!!
Nov 8, 2009
  1. snow's biggest failure was to totally blow multiple top-5 picks. Luckily found a worse GM to take advantage of and wound up with Barzal/Beauvillier now, but if capuano was coaching the team would have ben much better with a combination of guys like Ehlers, Reilly, Scheifele, Forsberg, Hamilton, Couterier, Zibinejad, as opposed to Strome, Niederreiter/Clutterbuck, Dal Colle, etc.
  2. It wasn't that snow couldn't find a good coach....It's that he refused to hire anyone who was better at their job than he was at GM. Basically he didn't want to look as bad as he was and didn't want anyone questioning him. Thus 3 patsies hired during his GM tenure.

Your 1 and 2 are tied together, the problem wasn't the picks themselves. Player development was not there because Snow didn't hire above his weight.

danteipp

Aug 3, 2005
Everything about Snow's expansion-protection plan was a complete and utter miscalculation.

I didn't love trading futures to essentially protect one roster player, but I thought I understood Snow's plan.

I figured Snow would get Tavares extended, try to extend CdH to a very team-friendly deal or flip him for better assets than he gave up to protect him (like the Hamonic trade), and use the real $$$ saved by moving out Grabo's contract to add one more big piece that the Isles clearly needed.

Of course instead we saw Tavares walk away for nothing, Snow pushed ahead with CdH on an expiring contract, who immediately got injured and also walked away for nothing, while no other upgrade was imported.

It was very frustrating to watch all of these events play out, see assets leave for no returning value AND then Vegas used the Brannstrom draft pick to land Stone. Talk about adding insult to injury.

RMimagery

Jul 22, 2006
Anyone know where to filter stats for any NHL player's team record with them in/out of the lineup?
I don't but I remember when the season resumed that they showed their record was 25-10 and something with Pelech, so I counted his games and realized the record was 25-10-3 in those 38 games at that point.

They then went 6-1 in their next 7 to get to 31-11-3 with Pelech.

I think that the next two best records while in the lineup over the past few years are Boychuk and Czikas.

If anyone knows it's Eric Hornick who I believe keeps personal records/stats of this type. Howie used to mention the talents and findings of Eric often.

Reactions: periferal

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
I don't but I remember when the season resumed that they showed their record was 25-10 and something with Pelech, so I counted his games and realized the record was 25-10-3 in those 38 games at that point.

They then went 6-1 in their next 7 to get to 31-11-3 with Pelech.

I think that the next two best records while in the lineup over the past few years are Boychuk and Czikas.

If anyone knows it's Eric Hornick who I believe keeps personal records/stats of this type. Howie used to mention the talents and findings of Eric often.

Great call on Hornick, but he'll probably just have for the Islanders. I'm actually looking for the W/L for players in/out of their lineups for all teams in the NHL. If you see that let me know.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->