Adam Munro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teemu

Caffeine Free Since 1919
Dec 3, 2002
I'm just lost for words about Munro. He was unbelievable tonight versus Nashville. The first GA was a fluke, and the second was just lazy defensive work, neither of which he couldve done much about. He made some amazing point blank saves. I never thought I would ever say this about Adam Munro. For that matter, I never thought I'd say ANYTHING positive about him.

volzok

Oct 30, 2003
Cincinnati, Ohio
I totally agree. Anytime the Preds got a good scoring chance, which wasnt often, he made the big save. What is his future in Chicago?

EDIT: I wonder what his future is since I think Thibault stinks and Passmore isnt much better. Do you think he will play consistent enough to beat any of them out?

Last edited:

SmokeyClause

Feb 27, 2002
Miami, FL
Visit site
I said it in the Preds thread, and I'll say it here. I didn't think Monro played that great all things considered. Now he is a rookie and he didn't look bad for one, but the puck was just finding him tonight. Too many shots went harmlessly into his chest or over the net. He gave up a lot of bad rebounds and flopped around several times. Almost gave up a real cheap one on a semi-wrap around. He fell to the ice awkwardly but the puck was corralled harmlessly. Now, before Hawks fans jump on me, he looked a lot better than I thought. And I am a lot harder on goalies (Vokoun included) than most. I just struggle to give any goalie credit for a shot that hits him in the chest when he has ample time to find the angle. As many one-timers as he saved, we had several that went just wide/high.

That being said, if he keeps the puck out as effectively as he did (hey, Hasek wasn't pretty either) against Nashville, then he'll be a star. I just don't feel like other teams will be as forgiving.

Teemu

Caffeine Free Since 1919
Dec 3, 2002
volzok said:
EDIT: I wonder what his future is since I think Thibault stinks and Passmore isnt much better. Do you think he will play consistent enough to beat any of them out?

Thibault stinks? since when? he had some of the best numbers last year until he was overworked

volzok

Oct 30, 2003
Cincinnati, Ohio
Teemu08 said:
Thibault stinks? since when? he had some of the best numbers last year until he was overworked

I just have never had a high opinion of him and he will still have to do a lot more than that to change my opinion of him. Sorry, I didnt mean to sound like a jerk. Do you think this kid has a future with the Hawks? Or are you content with Thibault?

fullmetalninja

Jan 11, 2003
Chicago
What Munro does is muddy the water a little more.

We have more goalie depth than we know what to do with:

1. Tbo
2. Leighton
3. Anderson(who quieted a lot of naysayers with his play of late)

4. Munro
5. Michael Ayers- last year at the University of New Hampshire
6. Corey Crawford- the "other" goalie from the QMJHL
7. Mike Brodeur- was going to be the future goalie at the U of Wisc, instead went to the dub and has played very strong with his club. He was ruled ineligiable by the NCAA at the last minute which is why he didn't go.

Tbo will be resigned this off season. He is better than a lot of people give him credit for(he's a lot like Vokoun, IMO) but not elite. People in the org are very high on Crawford, and both Ayers and Brodeur have a lot of backers. Someone will be the odd man out- pretty quickly IMO.

But back to the point....

Munro played real real good IMO. You do realize what he had in front of him, right?...

-fullmetalninja

volzok

Oct 30, 2003
Cincinnati, Ohio
I didnt mean this to be a Flame on Thibault. You make a valid point about him not getting much credit, and he doesnt have great D in front of him. I just think he needs to prove to me a little more consistency before I change my mind on him. Anderson has played well lately. I would have to think that he gets a shot before Munro, unless Munro goes on fire to end the season. But I guess it never hurts to have depth at that position.

fullmetalninja

Jan 11, 2003
Chicago
Don't worry, I'm not going to take it personal... I'm not great fan of Tb0

The way I see it, there are probably 10 guys in the league that are top tier guys. Tbo is in that next 10, and can fluctuate up and down. That's why I said he is very similiar to Tomas Vokoun. Neither are great, but both are average- above average goalies on non elite teams...

I agree that Anderson has thus far shown more than Munro. The problem the hawks face is that several of these kids will need a place to play- so someone is going to be squeezed out... that's all.

Munro seems to be a real good kid. Pat Foley asked him after the game what he thought on the skate down for the dust up at the end. He asked him if he was a righty or a lefty(jokingly)... Munro replied: I don't know, and I hope I don't have to find out.. Hah.. :)

-fullmetalninja

MentalPowerHouse

Oct 11, 2003
I hope he makes it, watched him for years in Brantford, took the AAA team to the all ontario championships(kobe cup at the time).

TVanek26*

Wow,Chicago has a lot of goalies.Who do you think has the better long term potential?Michael Leighton or Adam Munro?Leighton played great when he had those 2 shutouts during the week he was named Defensive player of the week.Munro had a tie in his first game against a recently high scoring Preds.

fullmetalninja

Jan 11, 2003
Chicago
I don't know enough about playing goal to really know...

I went to the last couple of rookie camps, and watched the guys. In the last one, both Brodeur and Crawford put on shows- they were that good. Ayers of course led UNH to the championship- and after a sluggish start this season has been playing much better(from what I hear).

We also have Adam Berkhoel and Tyson Kellerman, but I think they are going to get cut loose for sure.

With a healthy Tbo- next year you'll probably see:

Tbo(starter)
Leighton/Anderson(rotating from backup, to starter in norfolk)

AHL
Anderson/Leighton
Ayers

I think Crawford and Brodeur have one more year of eligibility in the CHL. Munro will once again fall to the numbers game- and will be sent to the ECHL.

Now, if Munro continues to improve- I can definately see a scenario where either Leighton or Anderson is moved. Tallon is really high on Crawford/Brodeur/Ayers which could make the odd man out available.

-fullmetalninja

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->