Confirmed with Link: Adam McQuaid (back) to CBJ for a 4th and 7th

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
That would piss me off. That'd be a great example of Torts overthinking things and a misuse of resources.......Right now all I see is the ghost of Kyle Quincey entering the building.

Nuti has been skating with Jones on and off, with Murray out. I think McQuaid slots in with Harry right now, and it all sorts itself out if/when Murray does return.

Great problem to have.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
Nuti has been skating with Jones on and off, with Murray out. I think McQuaid slots in with Harry right now, and it all sorts itself out if/when Murray does return.

Great problem to have.
I like the Jones-Nuti combo and thought there were excellent when paired last year. It works well with Murray out IF Zach and Savard can pair effectively.....hoping Murray returns sooner rather than later.

Reactions: Sore Loser

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
i just figured Bergman going was to get us lower in roster spots, Jarmo made several comments today about college free agents...

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
surprised we haven't heard anything yet about Mac being in the lineup tomorrow night. figure he'll be here and ready to go.

The Jones Zone

Nov 27, 2013
Raleigh, NC
The X factor on the 3rd pairing is Kukan

I thought he had 2-3 absolutely terrible games, but now he's followed them up
with 3 very respectable games

He's moved the puck through the neutral zone, hit a post/crossbar,
been physical on D.... looks like he belongs

Like a box of chocolates from my perspective

Reactions: Viqsi and cslebn

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
surprised we haven't heard anything yet about Mac being in the lineup tomorrow night. figure he'll be here and ready to go.

edit; found my answer

@Aportzline: Adam McQuaid will wear No. 54 with #CBJ. He’s expected to arrive in Columbus tonight, will be available to debut #CBJ vs. #Pens on Tuesday.

Reactions: Sore Loser

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
okay, so i'm bored and i'm doing some stat digging. Here's a stat that makes ya go "huh" in a good way (about Mcquaid)...

Mcquaid has faced the TBL, 28 times in his career. In those 28 games, an Adam Mcquaid led team is 21-6-1... equivalent to almost 75 percent.

:sarcasm:

OldGoaltender

Jul 17, 2006
The Triad NC
We needed a tougher and bigger blue line and you can't undervalue that. I always liked a defenseman that got under the skin of scorers making them think twice so I like the acquisition. He's a Hartnell type only defense.

Reactions: We Want Ten

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
He's a solid player. I don't mind him as a 3rd pairing hardass.

Should be all for today.
Adam is one of my favorite x-Bruins. He has played very well for us in the playoffs and will stand up for his fellow team mates. He is excellent on the PK too. I wanted him back in Boston.

I hope he plays well for you.

1857 Howitzer

******* Linesman
Aug 27, 2007
Ohio
Did not read the whole thread so this might have been stated already. The Jackets have no one who has won a cup and not many that have been deep in the playoffs (Dzingel and Dubinsky did go to the ECF). Adding McQuaid gives them someone with SCF experience.

Reactions: Ladyfan

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
CBJ need some nasty..... make em pay! :)
Quaider will certainly provide some snarl ! When he is pissed off at another player he does this grin...it is NOT a friendly grin. He was the toughest guy on the B's. Off the ice he is rather shy. I miss him in Boston as do all of his teammates. All of the STH who sit near me were not happy when he was traded to the Rangers.

Reactions: Robert

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Quick search on YouTube came back with some interesting results.

While Reeves may have taken him down, he seemed to hold his own against him. Just couldn't get that elbow pas off quick enough.

And I know a few here will love this..

Reactions: leetch99

Xoggz22

Mar 4, 2002
Columbus, Ohio
I'm anxious to see him a few games in. He did not impress me against the Pens. Looked slow of foot and unsure withe the puck (likely corrected with time in the system)

Reactions: DJAnimosity

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad