Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Also, I'm pretty sure this is Jarmo in his wild youth:

AnchoredCourteousBluetickcoonhound-small.gif

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Better than relying on Clendening. Kukan is OK in small doses.

Murray-Jones
Werenski-Savard
Nuti-McQuaid
Harrington

I wouldn't rule out the possibility that Torts decides not to use McQuaid in the playoffs, and just sticks with Harrington. He'll give Quaider a look in the regular season of course, but I don't know if he'll like what he sees.

Finner

Dec 8, 2018
You take a pick, you take a pick, you take a pile of picks, you want some picks? There you have. I really dont like this move at all. If this was the best what was available ok. Bad ok but ok.

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite
So we gave up Bergman in this trade as well? Three pieces for McQuaid?? Terrible deal. Don’t like it whatsoever.

jore

Dec 26, 2007
I like this. Since we're going crazy anyways, might as well get McQuaid to finally dress for us. That makes 2005 the only draft in history that every player we drafted on rounds 1-5 played at least a game for the Jackets. That record might not be broken for a while. Especially now that we don't participate in drafts any more.

WashedUp

Mar 28, 2014
I guess Jarmo should check HF Boards to get the OK before he makes any moves. It’s obvious from the talk here he doesn’t know what he is doing! In the past Jarmo and his predecessors were slammed for doing nothing, now that he’s gone in full tilt he still gets slammed!!

Ruudukkopupuset

Mar 29, 2018
I would not be surprised to see Torts play McQuaid and Harrington and sit Nutivaara in the playoffs for a game or a couple if he felt the matchup was working against Nuti. I'm not saying I agree or not, but that it wouldn't surprise me.

Maybe have Nutivaara as the new head coach with Tortorella coaching the defenders given the magnificent and systematic way Wennberg's offensive game has been attempted to be destroyed on his watch.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Also just for complete clarity: we also gave the Rangers the defenseman we got from Ottawa in the Duchene deal (Julius Bergman)

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
I would not be surprised to see Torts play McQuaid and Harrington and sit Nutivaara in the playoffs for a game or a couple if he felt the matchup was working against Nuti. I'm not saying I agree or not, but that it wouldn't surprise me.
That would piss me off. That'd be a great example of Torts overthinking things and a misuse of resources.......Right now all I see is the ghost of Kyle Quincey entering the building.

Reactions: Viqsi

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad