Recalled/Assigned: Adam Lowry sent down to Moose

MrBoJangelz71

Jan 14, 2014
Lowry is noticeably slower this season, not sure why the regession in speed. I do recall him getting quicker as the season progressed, last year, but he still seems a step behind where he was December of last season.

He can't afford to get slower, as his top speed was never great. Its weird to see a second year kid regress in speed at 22, hopefully more minutes will help him find his lost step.

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
The youth movement never should have started. The only rookie we couldn't afford to not have on the Jets was Ehlers, simply because he had to go back to Junior or go overseas if he didn't make the squad. Putting Copp and Petan in as well? Exactly 1 game pro NHL experience between the two of them? Terrible ****ing idea. No idea if it was Chevy's idea or Chipman's, but they need to be flogged for that.

Winnipeg Jets

Lucky #7
Feb 19, 2010
Winnipeg
He has at least 1 point so far tonight.

Announcers just said that a lot of Jets org. guys are at the game including Chevy, PMO and the rest of the coaching staff. Sounds like they are watching for any worthy call-ups.

Last edited:

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Lowry is noticeably slower this season, not sure why the regession in speed. I do recall him getting quicker as the season progressed, last year, but he still seems a step behind where he was December of last season.

He can't afford to get slower, as his top speed was never great. Its weird to see a second year kid regress in speed at 22, hopefully more minutes will help him find his lost step.

I never heard anything about Lowry bulking up over the summer, I wonder if he tried and over did it a bit.

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011
Burmistrov is starting to emerge as tweener, IMO. Not good enough offensively to play in a scoring role, doesn't contribute enough defensively or possession-wise to play a defensive role. I doubt he gets waived this season, but is basically the exact type of player that sees the waiver wire at some point.

Hope I'm wrong and he gets it going, but I'm not optimistic.

Russian James Wright......

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011
Wright couldn't score because he had no hands.

Burmi can't score because he's allergic to goals. ;)

Wright I can forgive b/c he lacks all talent. Burmi who oozes talent is infuriating b/c he just can't close the deal and score. End of the day I don't see Burmi having a long career in the NHL. I suspect this contract might be his last. Results oriented sport, style means nothing. Produce or GTFO.

veganhunter

Mexico City Coyotes!
Feb 15, 2010
Calgary
Wright I can forgive b/c he lacks all talent. Burmi who oozes talent is infuriating b/c he just can't close the deal and score. End of the day I don't see Burmi having a long career in the NHL. I suspect this contract might be his last. Results oriented sport, style means nothing. Produce or GTFO.

If he can get back to playing the possesion and defensive game he did in his 1st go round there will be a spot for him.

There are a tonne of guys who don't score and are hopeless defensively and possesion wise that have had long careers at least Burmi offers some important positives.

Not to mention the guy is fairly physical, doesn't get pushed around, and is above average at drawing penalties.

I'd take Burmi as a 3rd/4th liner that plays PK over a lot of guys in this league that are playing that role on other teams.

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011
If he can get back to playing the possesion and defensive game he did in his 1st go round there will be a spot for him.

There a tonne of guys who don't score and are hopeless defensively and possesion wise that have had long careers at least Burmi offers some important positives.

Not to mention the guy is fairly physical, doesn't get pushed around, and is above average at drawing penalties.

I'd take Burmi has a 3rd/4th liner that plays PK over a lot of guys in this league that are playing that role on other teams.

I would be happy with him as a 4th liner, but I doubt he would like it. But if he's a top 9 player for us, that's a bad sign.......unless he gets back to his old form......then I could see him as 3rd liner (never top 6 though).

Excuse my very jaded POV of the team and management at the moment.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills

There are a tonne of guys who don't score and are hopeless defensively and possesion wise that have had long careers at least Burmi offers some important positives.

I'd take Burmi has a 3rd/4th liner that plays PK over a lot of guys in this league that are playing that role on other teams.

Plenty of other teams wouldn't mind having Burmi either. I think people need to lower their expectations a little. We know now he isn't going to replace Frolik. He is however a few steps ahead of probably half the other bottom 6 guys in the league which is still something.

kylbaz

Winnipeg <3
Nov 14, 2015
www.movingtowinnipeg.ca
And yet there are people who want Ehlers to play first line minutes against the Perrys and the Ovechkins and don't seem to worry about him being over his head.

No kidding. 5'10 Max Domi looks terrible out there on the first line. Only 10 goals and 15 assists. Pfft he'd only be second on our team in points.

psowrc

Feb 21, 2015
I would be happy with him as a 4th liner, but I doubt he would like it. But if he's a top 9 player for us, that's a bad sign.......unless he gets back to his old form......then I could see him as 3rd liner (never top 6 though).

Excuse my very jaded POV of the team and management at the moment.

He was never more than a fourth liner the first time around...if that is what they want from him that is acceptable.

AngelicAssassin*

The youth movement never should have started. The only rookie we couldn't afford to not have on the Jets was Ehlers, simply because he had to go back to Junior or go overseas if he didn't make the squad. Putting Copp and Petan in as well? Exactly 1 game pro NHL experience between the two of them? Terrible ****ing idea. No idea if it was Chevy's idea or Chipman's, but they need to be flogged for that.

But wasn't the entire Jets board screaming for the youth movement to be put in place from the minute the Jets were ousted from the playoffs last season?

Not every of course and I'd have to go back through the threads since I drink and am getting up there but I don't remember a major outcry to go after any big name FA's really hard when the consensus was that up front all we needed to do was shore up the 4th line really.

Lowry is having a sophomore slump, not unheard of or might have a minor nagging injury he's not disclosing for fear of coming out of the lineup(which he now is anyway) but we shouldn't kid ourselves but if we were expecting a 20 goal season out of him I think we were shooting for the moon.

Burmistrov is what he is, a slightly more experienced version of what he was before. Valuable to an offensively explosive team but not if that offense is expected of him.

Don't think we'll ever see 20 points out of Andrew Copp and IMO he could have been sent down as well or instead of but I think the management expectation for Lowry was higher that for Copp, so he goes down for what likely is a short stint and it's not going to kill him.

As far as Ehlers it's the Jets or Juniors, correct so he's staying with the Jets. Shown flashes and has maybe been snakebit a little but maybe having a hard time trying(too hard) to live up to the expectations of management and the fanbase and it's getting to him. Tries to be a one man show.

Guaranteed though had we signed some of the free agent mooks out there that under performed while the children continued on playing in the minors or juniors the fan base would be catatonic, especially if results were the same as they are now.

Pretty sure that a regression of sorts had to be expected this season since last season the Jets were plainly and simply playing over their heads at times and every team in the toughest division in hockey improved at least on paper.

Doesn't mean that PoMo should have people screaming for his head or comparing him to the prior regime. It was apparent that when he took over he instilled actual systems that worked and sometimes slight personnel changes affect the overall success of those systems.

PoMo isn't on the ice and if he tells the players to do si do and instead the skip to my lou, what is he supposed to do. If players make bonehead plays and take bonehead penalties his only recourse since it can't be blamed on him is to sit their fat ***** on the end of the bench or make them eat cheetos in the press box. Don't imagine the latter is well received anywhere across the NHL but we've seen how it's turned out here.

If the hope is to sign Ladd or Byfuglien, parking either of them in the press box for even a game would likely ensure they didn't sign. Not saying it might not be deserved and surely some time sitting at the end of the bench is in order but how many guys can you fit at the end of the bench. PSS and Thorburn might be the only forwards not in need of some sit down time. LLW has been ok in spurts but then dismal for others. Thorburn really should be on the 4th line but no one from the 4th line deserves to move up and we can't even fall back on AP is a waste get him out of here because he hasn't been horrible. So we have one scoring line on fire right now and one that chips in occasionally and our secret weapon CHRIST HORBURN.

Don't feel like talking about the D really but maybe Postma actually needs to draw in and Morrissey isn't ready.

On a positive not Pavelec hasn't given up a bad goal in awhile and Hellebuyck has looked pretty darn good. When Pavelec gets back Hutchinson might need to go find Starsky to have something to do.

Maybe Halischuk, Pardy, Postma and whoever need to play and have some guys sit a game here or a game there. If players are underachieving because they are lazy, stupid or whatever their skates not touching the ice in a game is the only sure fire wake up call.

I think the team will be fine and won't get my jimmies in a jam if we miss the playoffs because the future looks bright and we're all gonna have to wear shades.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Burmistrov is starting to emerge as tweener, IMO. Not good enough offensively to play in a scoring role, doesn't contribute enough defensively or possession-wise to play a defensive role. I doubt he gets waived this season, but is basically the exact type of player that sees the waiver wire at some point.

Hope I'm wrong and he gets it going, but I'm not optimistic.

Preaching to the choir here my friend, I've never seen anything in Burmi and his inability to score at any level is a tell tale sign.

Right now the ideal line for Burmi is the 4th line, he simply isn't good enough to hold down 3C with zero production.

Mud Turtle

Jul 26, 2013
Wow, I'm shocked at the Burmi statement. The guy seems to just be missing on great plays. I don't know if he will ever be able to start completing them on a regular basis but I don't think he's been bad enough to even consider waiving.

I was a huge Burmi fan in his first stint with the Jets. I was always waiting for that breakout game where pucks would start going in for him, or when his linemates would stop just missing those nice passes from him. His point total increase was always just around the corner. He was snake-bitten worse than anyone.

However, that pattern continues. He JUST misses so many incredible plays. That's just who he is, for whatever reason, a guy who is oh so close but can't seem to progress beyond that.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
New idea

Ladd - Little - Wheeler
Perreault - Scheifele - Stafford
Lowry - Copp - Burmistrov
Ehlers - Petan - Armia

Offensive 4th line that gets easy match ups.

Perrault- Little - Armia 17 minutes
Ehlers - Scheifele - Wheeler 21 minutes
Ladd - Copp - Stafford 17 minutes
De Leo - Burmistrov- Thorbs 5 minutes

Trouba Buff 26 minutes
Enstrom Myers 26 minutes
Chiarot Postma 8 minutes

PP 1 (1st minute)
Buff Perreault
Little Scheifele Ehlers

PP 2 (2nd minute)
Enstrom Myers
Wheeler Burmi Ladd

PK
Trouba Buff
Copp Wheeler

Enstrom Myers
Little Scheifele

psowrc

Feb 21, 2015
Preaching to the choir here my friend, I've never seen anything in Burmi and his inability to score at any level is a tell tale sign.

Right now the ideal line for Burmi is the 4th line, he simply isn't good enough to hold down 3C with zero production.

Geez...maybe Noel wasn't so dumb after all!:laugh:

FinJetster

Mar 1, 2015
Kerava, Finland
It might be that I'm just a hopeful Finn, but I think it would make sense to call Armia back up. He has already been with the team a few weeks and just got two games under his belt with Moose. In which, what I've heard (and seen from the clips) he played great. I think he'd fit well with Burmi and Ehlers on third.

Blue Shakehead

because lol Jets
Mar 18, 2011
www.becauseloljets.com
I was a huge Burmi fan in his first stint with the Jets. I was always waiting for that breakout game where pucks would start going in for him, or when his linemates would stop just missing those nice passes from him. His point total increase was always just around the corner. He was snake-bitten worse than anyone.

However, that pattern continues. He JUST misses so many incredible plays. That's just who he is, for whatever reason, a guy who is oh so close but can't seem to progress beyond that.

Burmi is fast and he's an all-world stick handler, but he has a below average shot and is never in the right place at the right time. Not a great play-maker. Kyle Wellwood used to say he was like playing with a butterfly because he never knew where Burmi was going to go next. Hard to read off of/play with.

I'm fine with him on the 3rd line and he's a great option on the PK but our expectations for him should probably end there. Of course, that is just my perception of him based on his usage so far. Drew Stafford looked like waiver wire material until he got to play with Scheifele. Maybe give Burmi 10 games to see what he is with better linemates and if he doesn't improve, at least you know what we have.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad